EnVille Furnished Apart-Fort
Travel Blogs from Montreal
... one third of our continent.
Of course, you know me by now: I'm not exactly the sun-seeking package holiday type. Winter, for me, is more about finding the fresh snow and enjoying the cold weather. The sun turns me red as a lobster; the beach bores me to tears. I've never been tempted by the all-inclusive offers even once.
Why am I going to Mexico, then? Well, because I have it on good authority that once you get away from the ...
... taster I got of both Lithuania and Latvia, and am sorry I didn't have a chance to see more, particularly of Latvia, which I suspect I would've loved. But it's not going anywhere, and I'm sure I'll make it back at some point.
I really enjoyed both Estonia and Finland, as well as the great company of Alex and Catherine -- two of the best friends anyone could ever ask for. Estonia is a wonderful little country, having emerged from ...
... We saw McGill University which has lovely buildings dating back to the 18th century and the old port area characterised by unique architecture. Our guides told us of the history of Montreal and the very modest beginnings, and the amazing conversion of the waterway by the series of lochs use to avoid the rapids of the river and allow boat navigation. We learned about the early days of commerce through the port and the slow spread ...
... steps to the narrow steeple. The beautiful views of the city and across the river are well worth the climb. At the foot of the tower is a newly constructed urban beach, complete with permanent umbrellas and sun chairs. It's free to enter on weekdays and is a lovely spot to take a break to rest weary feet by wiggling toes in the wam sand after a day of walking.
After a much needed rest, I'm renewed enough to walk to the next pier, ...
... hold myself together and keep from crying especially when I will not see any of these people until Christmas at the earliest. It is going to be a hard year but I am sure it will build character and I will come out of it as a stronger mature person and most likely more outgoing as well.
It is hard to have any expectations at this point. I have only met the family over skype, seen ...
Other places to stay in Montreal
Downtown, Montreal | 4 star hotelfrom $192
- An anniversary getaway to remember!
- Couln't ask for more
- Chateau Champlain was wonderful!
Jeanne-Mance, Montreal | 3 star hotelfrom $127
- We were very pleasantly surprised with the Holiday Inn Midtown
- Great place
- Not awful at all
Downtown, Montreal | 3 star hotelfrom $161
- Always stay here!
- The View? Cheers! The Staff? Jeers!
- Wonderful stay
Saint-Jacques, Montreal | 5 star hotelfrom $168
- Great Hotel
- There are better options in Montreal
- Rude service, dust on the curtains and mold in the bathroom
Downtown, Montreal | 4 star hotelfrom $181
- Avoid this place if you can
- The Good and the Bad
- Excellent location and much more
Square Mile, Montreal | 4 star hotelfrom $183
- Great way to end our trip!
- Not a 4-star hotel
Downtown, Montreal | 4 star hotelfrom $183
- Only tried the revolving restaurant
- A nice place for families
- Right in between St. Catherines and Vieux-Montreal
Saint-Laurent, Montreal | 3 star hotelfrom $110
Peter-McGill, Montreal | 4 star hotelfrom $172
- The best in Montreal
- Omini Mont Royal Just Right
- Great weekend getaway
Downtown, Montreal | 3 star hotelfrom $164
- We recommend this hotel
- A pleasant surprise
- Hotel was good enough for our stay
Downtown, Montreal | 4 star hotelfrom $180
- Loved every moment
- Couldn't be better
Downtown, Montreal | 4 star hotelfrom $132
- Best Location For Gay Village
- Tired Hotel
- Beautiful, Clean, Great service
Square Mile, Montreal | 4 star hotelfrom $140
- Nice, inexpensive hotel
- Gestapo at the front desk
- Cantlie ignorance
Square Mile, Montreal | 4 star hotelfrom $209
- Rather Impressed
- Beds to die for..
- Terrific French Hotel in the Quintessential French City
Saint-Laurent, Montreal | 3 star hotelfrom $120
Square Mile, Montreal | 3 star hotelfrom $138
- Small but servicable
- Small with Big Attitude
- Excellent location
Ville-Marie, Montreal | 3 star hotelfrom $138
- Good price, good location
- Pricy but worth it!!!
- Not a wonderful experience
Downtown, Montreal | 2 star hotelfrom $98
- Get what you pay for
- Tiny rooms filled up with smoke
- Tiny Room and Shower
Jeanne-Mance, Montreal | 5 star hotelfrom $167
Square Mile, Montreal | 3 star hotelfrom $142
- Would not stay at this hotel again.
- Very nice
- If you are looking for Peace and Relaxation. STAY AWAY from it
Square Mile, Montreal | 3 star hotelfrom $109
- Not as bad as these reviews say...
- Not as advertised...
- Recommended to friends
Vieux-Montreal, Montreal | 4 star hotelfrom $169
- Great location and lovely suite
- Una excelente ubicación y una suite encantadora.
- Trčs bon emplacement et suite ravissante
Le Plateau-Mont-Royal, Montreal | 2 star hotelfrom $105
Peter-McGill, Montreal | 3 star hotelfrom $117
Cote-des-Neiges-Notre-Dame-de-Grace, Montreal | 3 star hotelfrom $151
Quartier Latin, Montreal | 2 star hotelfrom $138
- Highly Recommend!!
- Nice stay
- Great Stay!