Elk Mountain Hotel
No availability found through our partners. Please contact the business directly or check some of our recommended alternatives.
How has this hotel rated in the past?
Photos of Elk Mountain Hotel
TripAdvisor Reviews Elk Mountain Hotel
Travel Blogs from Elk Mountain
We left Ogallala, Nebraska this morning around 6:30 am and drove the scenic route around Lake McConaughy. We heard on the radio that they measured winds yesterday at 71 mph where we were...that was breezy.
Once we got to the west side of Nebraska, we finally reached some interesting landscape. We went by Chimney Rocks and Scott's Bluff …
- Woke up super early at 5:00 and left for Cheyenne
- Skipped breakfast because i just simply forgot
- Took roughly 3 and a half hours to get here
- Potty breaks were at an all time low
- Visted Medicine Bow National Forest
- Also got to check out Fort Collins
- Wasn't Hungry today for some reason
- Due to ignorance i forgot to book a hotel so I'm spending the night in my car
- Woke up at 8:30
- Realized there was still so much to do
- Went to the Yampa River Core Trail to jog again
- Visited local event called Oktoberwest
-Participated in a meat eating contest
-Got so full that i couldnt go anywhere so i went to the motel room and fell asleep
... br> Packing up in the morning we mentally prepared ourselves for what was to come. Togwotee Pass/Continental Divide 9,584' not to mention the weather. Getting half up it, we stop at a lodge for some hot chocolate and to ice our sore knees. We meet another kind elderly couple from South Carolina on a trip to visit their son. They said it had been snowing on top of the pass "Oh Great!" They also bought our hot choco and sweet potato fries. How kind of them. Well they ...
... at one of the town's restaturants, the Post.
This morning I went back down to Centennial to have a closer look. The proprietor of the Mountain View Hotel, Eva, came out and asked if I wanted to see the inside. We got talking and she told me that she almost singlehandedly had renovated the hotel which now has 8 beautiful rooms, almost little apartments. Unfortunately (for me) all rooms were booked for tonight. ...