No availability found through our partners. Please contact the business directly or check some of our recommended alternatives.
Travel Blogs from Nice
Well we've had a whirlwind two weeks or so. We leased a car from Peugeot - but we had to pick it up in Madrid - six hours a way. So when I say "we" had to pick it up... I mean "Wade" had to pick it up. So, Wade flew (cause he loves to fly on prop planes!!!) to Madrid, picked up the car and drove it back down to us. All in one day! Whew he was tired!
This was all so we could move to our next place and get ready for a weeks worth of traveling inside of travel.
... the train into the centre to avoid having to deal with the fun of parking the van in a major city. The never ending stony beach is overlooked by the old town, which you could easily spend days exploring. We stopped off at a pub partially owned by one of Terri’s former colleagues and picked up supplies (a package from Amazon and lunch!).
After speeding past Monaco (naturally ...
1. We spent the first day walking around Nice and getting our bearings. Having an apartment to ourselves allowed us to get takeaways and reheat in the oven if required, so we made full use of this facility. Grilled chicken, bread, cheese and wine were on the menu for all days. It was quite difficult to economise on food in Italy. There is only so much take away Pizza you can consume and sitting down for dinner requires you to pay a ...
... Anything I picked up went into the basket, or maybe two. Then something magical happened. We arrived to the cheese section (for those of you that don't know, I'm borderline obsessive with cheese). About 8 picks later and some Jamon Iberico I was on cloud 9 and we headed back to the boat.
I got up the next morning for work and was greeted by one of the most beautiful sunrises I've ever witnessed. I made it outside in perfect timing to see the sunrise from start to ...
... Easy Jet flight to Nice. The transfers all went well and whilst we were at Barcelona Saints we had one of the most delicious lunches at a bistro. You could choose from an array of foods and tapas and I had a squid ink seafood pasta mix that was off the planet delicious and chose Pork with apple and onions for Vern which was also very good. Spanish pork is the best I have had.
At the airport we overheard and saw an incident where two couples had not ...
Other places to stay in Nice
Medecin, Nice | 4 star hotelfrom $287
- Fabulous hotel
- Excellent location but beware the extra costs
- EXCELLENT LOCATION!!!!
Fabron, Nice | 4 star hotelfrom $250
- Very good hotel now it's been refurbished
- Nice Hotel
- Nice Hotel, Rip off Taxis.......
Centro Historico, Nice | 5 star hotelfrom $356
- Very nice, shame about the breakfast
- Really perfect, pure luxury
- Brand new hotel, in a perfect location.
Musiciens, Nice | 4 star hotelfrom $181
- Enjoyable stay-value for money
- Forget the breakfast
- Average Hotel - 3 star more realistic
Centre Ville, Nice | 4 star hotelfrom $152
Cimiez, Nice | 3 star hotelfrom $134
Liberti - Albert 1er, Nice | 4 star hotelfrom $190
- Very happy hour or two
- Classic rooms are not so nice
- Not Up To Standard
Liberti - Albert 1er, Nice | 4 star hotelfrom $177
- Very nice hotel
- Great staff
Centro Historico, Nice | 4 star hotelfrom $157
- Great Location....Poor Value
- Don't pick this hotel if you want a good night's sleep
Gambetta, Nice | 4 star hotelfrom $235
- Overpriced arrogance
- Not quite on the Promenade
- Great Stay!
Arenas, Nice | 3 star hotelfrom $108
Arenas, Nice | 4 star hotelfrom $126
Centro Historico, Nice | 4 star hotelfrom $186
- Not EVEN four stars!
- Appalling service on reception
- Excellent location - not up to 4 star
Centro Historico, Nice | 3 star hotelfrom $188
- Hot and Impersonal
- The best location
- Pretty good place
Centro Historico, Nice | 4 star hotelfrom $310
- What a dissappointment!
- Viva La Negresco
- Nix the Negresco
Centro Historico, Nice | 2 star hotelfrom $209
- Horrid Hotel would never return
- Happy with our choice
Centro Historico, Nice | 3 star hotelfrom $163
Le Port, Nice | 2 star hotelfrom $73
Le Port, Nice | 2 star hotelfrom $90
Baumettes, Nice | 2 star hotelfrom $87
- Great Price for real modern facilities
- Fun for the family
- Très bon!
Centro Historico, Nice | 4 star hotelfrom $210
- Not as nice as I expected
- Not very pleasant at all !
- Cozy room with great view
Arenas, Nice | 4 star hotelfrom $142
Carabacel, Nice | 4 star hotelfrom $168
Arenas, Nice | 1 star hotelfrom $64
Centro Historico, Nice | 3 star hotelfrom $115
- Great value and location
- Good Value in Nice
- ABove Standard 2 * Hotel
Centro Historico, Nice | 5 star hotelfrom $296