El Patio Hotel
Travel Blogs from Rome
... ground when the three ladies attack us. :) It was tiring but fun! First run through with some of the people in the Mikado scene I'm doing went well, and after lunch we start Suor Angelica. So far, things are going really well, and I'm still in shock that I'm actually here. I'm going to try to post once a day, but I can't make any promises. I miss everyone back home, and I love you all! ...
Havahduin tuossa viime viikolla töissä, että niin se aika vaan menee nopeesti. Tai itseasiassa Mikko rupes jotain puhumaan, että aattele säki olit sielä Italiassa pari kuukautta sitte. Juu, niinhän se tosiaan on... Nopeesti on tämä(kin) kesä menny! Mutta jos sitä nyt vihdoin sais tännekin muutaman Rooma kuvan... ;)
Matkaanhan lähdettiin jo toukokuun puolella 30.5. Pakkaaminen jäi taas viime tinkaan ja käytin siihen aikaa ainakin 15min. Noh, aika hyvin taitaa homma ...
We arrived in Rome, no problem around 3:30 on Sunday Afternoon.
We caught a taxi to our Bed and Breakfast Hotel.
As the taxi driver swivered thru-out the streets because it was Palm Sunday and much of the road were closed for the POPE, we ended up on this busy street.
Let's just say we were not happy with our intended bed and breakfast. It was like a scene that the Griswalds experienced in the famous movie, National ...
... and birds chirping, how good is life?. We jumped on the bus again and headed for the Colosseum, I was reciting bits of Gladiator the whole way, Kat just kept rolling her eyes as I told her " would have my vengeance, in this life or the next" (god what happened to Russell Crowe) We really had a great time wandering around, we read so much about what went on, the ground must be soaked in the blood of the lost gladiators, no amount of rain could wash away ...
... but it appears to date from around 600 BC.
So that was the morning, and what a morning! After all that lunch was definitely in order.....so we all did the usual, pizza al taglio. Now the afternoon will be spent reading, blogging, printing handouts and generally getting ready for tomorrow. And that's right, we have several hundred pages of reading to do each week in addition to these insane jaunts around the city!
TripAdvisor Reviews El Patio Hotel Rome
Other places to stay in Rome
Viale Castello Della Magliana 65, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $93
- Good deal if you don't mind the location
- Spacious, convenient, affordable way to start/end trips
- Good ending to our Italy trip
Vatican City, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $149
- Central to all the major sites in Rome
- Hot, Noisy, You Can Do Better
- Nice but noisy
EUR, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $106
- Enjoy your stay, don't make a fuss about the distance !
- Good hotel, very friendly staff
- Depends on your priorities -- I liked the hotel a lot
Monte Mario, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $465
- Treated like royalty
- The Cavalieri Hilton is Outstanding
Historic Center, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $340
- Top Notch Hotel
- Westin Excelsior March 2004
- Fantastic Empire stile hotel
Historic Center, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $174
- A great hotel for a city break
- If you want to be next door to the station...
- Not really a 4* hotel
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $101
- Bad impression
- Thank you Trip Advisor! Spot on!
- Good hotel, questionable location!
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $140
- $$ = what you get
- Near city with a pool
- Acceptable but not great
Ciampino Airport, Rome | 2 star hotelfrom $92
Vatican City, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $150
- Visconit Palace - Excellent Value
- Good location & Reasonably priced
- Good hotel
Via Colonnello Tommaso Masala 54, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $132
- Very Nice Hotel Outside Center of Rome
- Really outside town
- Disorganised expense
Ardeatino, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $210
Castro Pretorio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $96
- Great service!
- Rome Is Calling Me Back
- What a Load of Rubbish
Historic Center, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $305
- EXCELLENT IN EVERY WAY
- Loved it
Appio Claudio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $62
Via Prenestina, 944, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $72
- A good stopping point - on your way to city centre
- One miserable experience after the other
- Not recommended
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $67
- Do not go
- This hotel is hell on Earth
- Great for tour group
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $70
- Great Hotel! Loved it!
- Great hotel
- Great hotel
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $115
- Very good hotel in a quiet place!
- Nice, but too far from major attractions
- The Villa in the Pines
EUR, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $80
- Great hotel but not for tourists
- Una mala ubicación, un buen hotel
- Un hotel muy bueno
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $159
- Refurbished Rooms
- Come on! It wasn't that bad.
- Not a **** hotel!!!!
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $92
- Great Value
- A great hotel in great grounds
- Simply Fabulous!
Historic Center, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $124
- Perfect location
- Very Central
- Great location
Historic Center, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $66
- Poor time at the Porta!
- Loved our stay here
- Very noisy hotel
Suburbio Aurelio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $85
- Generally good
- NOt very central to the sights
EUR, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $71