El Patio Hotel
Travel Blogs from Rome
... do when we were hungry was just eat and then deal with any of the issues later...We both seem to shut down a bit otherwise and become very unproductive. We found this little trattoria on a busy side street just down from the Termini, finally our first bowl of pasta that we had been hanging out for. We both opted for the unadventurous option of Spaghetti Bolognaise...A classic but never seems to let you down and we were in Rome so it simply couldn't. We were very pleased when ...
... feet of me and everyone around me. Not once, or twice, or three times, but four times he passed right in front of us. It was tempting not to run out to him! But, we all exercised our best self-control. It was incredible to see this man so close. Just like all of the Saints, you hear about the Pope and what he's done but it's hard to actually know he's a real person. Yet, there he was, in the flesh. A great and humble man leading the Church by example. Although I ...
... to stroll around in our community of Trastevere which the "best look at medieval-village Rome."
All the streets are filled with pan-handlers, hawkers, souvenir booths, and some beggars. We just keep walking......Haven't run into anyone we know yet....but still looking. LOL!
Peace and Joy!
Rich and Kara
... as the previous one because it was known what happened in the bedroom, so they moved the papal residency elsewhere in the Vatican!
Finally that was about it for us in Rome. We just meandered around a little and had dinner and then got ready for bed and our treck from Rome to fetch our car the next day and go to Florence!
That concludes an extremely action packed 3 days in Rome!!
The next blog will be about our three days in Florence :-)
Love from Graeme & ...
We got up early for an amazing day…an audience with the
Pope. We arrived at St. Peter’s Square
between 7:30 – 8:00. Rome is in the
middle of a heat wave right now and it was hot and humid. Luckily we got there early enough (thanks to
the advice of the priest staying in the convent as well – he was here to
celebrate 50 years of priesthood) to get close to a barricade. His advice was to ...
TripAdvisor Reviews El Patio Hotel Rome
Other places to stay in Rome
Viale Castello Della Magliana 65, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $112
- Good deal if you don't mind the location
- Spacious, convenient, affordable way to start/end trips
- Good ending to our Italy trip
Vatican City, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $116
- Central to all the major sites in Rome
- Hot, Noisy, You Can Do Better
- Nice but noisy
EUR, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $98
- Enjoy your stay, don't make a fuss about the distance !
- Good hotel, very friendly staff
- Depends on your priorities -- I liked the hotel a lot
Monte Mario, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $264
- Treated like royalty
- The Cavalieri Hilton is Outstanding
Historic Center, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $305
- Top Notch Hotel
- Westin Excelsior March 2004
- Fantastic Empire stile hotel
Historic Center, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $146
- A great hotel for a city break
- If you want to be next door to the station...
- Not really a 4* hotel
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $110
- Bad impression
- Thank you Trip Advisor! Spot on!
- Good hotel, questionable location!
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $139
- $$ = what you get
- Near city with a pool
- Acceptable but not great
Ciampino Airport, Rome | 2 star hotelfrom $84
Vatican City, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $182
- Visconit Palace - Excellent Value
- Good location & Reasonably priced
- Good hotel
Via Colonnello Tommaso Masala 54, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $125
- Very Nice Hotel Outside Center of Rome
- Really outside town
- Disorganised expense
Ardeatino, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $99
Historic Center, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $309
- EXCELLENT IN EVERY WAY
- Loved it
Castro Pretorio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $165
- Great service!
- Rome Is Calling Me Back
- What a Load of Rubbish
Appio Claudio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $71
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $76
- Do not go
- This hotel is hell on Earth
- Great for tour group
Via Prenestina, 944, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $72
- A good stopping point - on your way to city centre
- One miserable experience after the other
- Not recommended
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $82
- Great Hotel! Loved it!
- Great hotel
- Great hotel
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $132
- Very good hotel in a quiet place!
- Nice, but too far from major attractions
- The Villa in the Pines
EUR, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $88
- Great hotel but not for tourists
- Una mala ubicación, un buen hotel
- Un hotel muy bueno
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $100
- Great Value
- A great hotel in great grounds
- Simply Fabulous!
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $78
- Refurbished Rooms
- Come on! It wasn't that bad.
- Not a **** hotel!!!!
Historic Center, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $170
- Perfect location
- Very Central
- Great location
Historic Center, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $88
- Poor time at the Porta!
- Loved our stay here
- Very noisy hotel
Suburbio Aurelio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $68
- Generally good
- NOt very central to the sights
EUR, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $82