Travel Blogs from Oxford
Well today we awoke to the coldest day since we arrived and if we had have known better we would have thought it had snowed during the night but it was actually frost......it was that cold last night the fog had frozen and had blanketed the area in a brilliant white frost so I hope you enjoy the ...
... wait to get back there, but never been to Cambodia, so will be really interesting to see what its like out there...heard so many good things about it though, so should be good fun :)
also can't wait to spend New Years Eve out there in Sihanoukville!!!!!
Hope you all have a good Christmas and I'll right up here again on Boxing day when we leave.
Things I have learnt the hard way mostly! -
1. Always take two of everything if you can, two phones, two cameras, two chargers. Without a doubt one of them will get stolen/broken and you'll probably be forced to fork out money for a new one. I have personally learnt this the hard way twice.
2. Girls, Do not do what I did and only take ****, horrible clothes with you. You will without a doubt end up going out on some occasions and there will be tons of girls ...
... with all our bags.
Matt had to go find a park a few minutes away while Emma and I went up to our room. The room is quite small but is modern and nice. The bed is big and comfy. Emma was happy to have some freedom and had a great time crawling all over the bed.
When Matt came back we went across the road to an Italian place called Fire and Stone. It was a really cool place and the staff were really nice in helping to heat Emma’s ...
... and supposedly they're trying to find well-rounded individuals who knows more than what they've majored in. No one can agree on what the second stage involves.
Oh, and if you think Oxford is a town full of studious law-abiding students, I'd like to point out the fact that rival colleges are very well known for pulling pranks on each other. Once, College A broke into College B and poured soap mix into B's fountains and ...
Other places to stay in Oxford
Godstow Rd, Oxford | 3 star hotelfrom $124
- Recommended for honeymoon couples
- We enjoyed our stay at the Oxford
Grenoble Road, Oxford | 3 star hotelfrom $85
- Useless conference facilities!
- An Administrative Nightmare
- Location Location Location
Peartree Roundabout, Oxford | 3 star hotelfrom $139
- Nice hotel
- Modern, good standard rooms
- OK but go for the Travellodge, it's cheaper!
Beaumont Street, Oxford | 5 star hotelfrom $223
- Typical Victorian hotel
- Six months' guaranteed reservation broken the day before
- Not a place to choose
Abingdon Road, Oxford | 4 star hotelfrom $153
- Not the best choice for business hotels
- Value for money
- Not worth the price or 4 stars, bad building layout, not for the less mobile..
Oxford Rd, Oxford | 3 star hotelfrom $127
59 Western Road, Oxford | Hotelfrom $130
3 Oxford Castle, Oxford | Hotelfrom $213
- Get me out of jail quick
- Getting the old 'Ball and Chain' off to a great start!!
- The teething problems continue...
73 High Street, Oxford | 3 star hotelfrom $181
- Good choice for Oxford town centre
- Okay place to stay
- Pleasant stay again
11 - 13 Linton Road, Oxford | 3 star hotelfrom $133
Church Way, Oxford | 3 star hotelfrom $137
Welcome Break Service Area, Oxford | 3 star hotelfrom $69
180 Abingdon Road, Oxford | Hotelfrom $139
137 Iffley Road, Oxford | 3 star hotelfrom $82
- Didn't even stay one night
- Don't Bother its awful
92 - 94 High Street, Oxford | 3 star hotelfrom $268
- You get what you pay for
- Overpriced and disappointing
- Great place to visit your student
66a Banbury Road, Oxford | 3 star hotelfrom $192
- Beautiful Hotel
- Not for business travelers
- Great Find
82-84 Abingdon Road, Oxford | Hotelfrom $137
Garsington Rd, Oxford Business Park, Oxford | Hotelfrom $114
Peartree Roundabout, Oxford | 2 star hotel
- Excellent choice
- Basic, but clean and reliable
- Great value
315 Iffley Road, Oxford | Hotelfrom $134
Park End Street, Oxford | 3 star hotelfrom $146
- Noisy, basic, expensive but central location and clean
- Exceeded Expectations - Quite Good, Actually
- Dreadful Hotel
1 Banbury Road, Oxford | 3 star hotelfrom $275
- Exquisite Hotel, Impeccable Service
- A wonderful retreat, gorgeous food
Hinksey Hill, Oxford | 3 star hotelfrom $137
29-30 George Street, Oxford | Hotelfrom $130
Long Crendon Road, Oxford | Hotelfrom $78