No availability found through our partners. Please contact the business directly or check some of our recommended alternatives.
TripAdvisor Reviews Economy Inn Los Angeles
Travel Blogs from Los Angeles
... bus service. Not so much fun. Howeveeeer, the museum itself was really good and well worth the hassle. So what's the deal? I hope you're ready for teacher mode... Basically, that area of LA has a whole load of asphalt (tar stuff) under it's surface. Every now and again, some of it seeps up (this still happens - that's what the yellow cones in the pictures are all about) and if a lot of it seeps up it creates a tar pit. The pits only tend to be a couple of ...
... that are the backdrop to the city has me craning my head out of the car window like a a puppy who's had a shot of espresso.
One of these outings in the car led us to Ralphs to get some drinks for a bit of a party at J&S's on Saturday. Guess what? Massive bottles. I mean like 2 litre bottles. Crazy.
So having got some beers and red cups (yes!) we head home to get ready for the party.
Meeting J&S's friends was ace. They ...
... the fabled Highway 1, the last road we'd take back to San Francisco. We stumbled across the Emma Wood State Beach and pulled in - thankfully they had a couple of bays free. Erin went solo up the beach and went for a dunk in the Pacific, I had a snooze. The pacific air was thick with bonfire smoke (every bugger had a fire going) but it was lovely to drop off to the sound of the Pacific lapping the shore and even nicer to wake to the same sound.
... it did make motorway driving (5 lanes) rather hairy on the way home in the dark!!!!! Hollywood was great, a really buzzy place with lots of tourist flocking up and down the 'Walk of Fame' taking pictures of their favourite stars. The Chinese Theatre is the stand out landmark along the Boulevard and it is where all of the big film premieres used to be screened including Star Wars back in 1977. The idea to build it came from Sid Grauman and outside is where you will find ...
... the Converse and Disney shops being the highlight. Then that night we went out to a local Sushi restaurant in Burbank- yum.
Friday was an early start, up and out by 7.45am to get us to Disneyland for a full day of fun. The girls favorite rides were Space Mountain, Indian Jones and Splash Mountain. The Parade was great too, but my personal highlight was the ...
Other places to stay in Los Angeles
Central LA, Los Angeles | 4 star hotelfrom $411
Downtown/Wilshire, Los Angeles | 4 star hotelfrom $174
- Great Service - Small Rooms
- Great down town location!
Beverlywood, Los Angeles | 3 star hotelfrom $236
- Very good hotel, but poor location
- Could do much worse!
- Beverly Hills Bargain
Central LA, Los Angeles | 5 star hotelfrom $463
- An extravagent gem, the Beverly Hills Four Seasons
- Tips for staying at the Four Seasons
- Annoying Brunch
Woodland Hills, Los Angeles | 4 star hotelfrom $135
LAX Area, Los Angeles | 4 star hotelfrom $141
- 5 star quality for a deep discount!
- Nice and Easy
- Sheraton LAX
LAX Area, Los Angeles | 4 star hotelfrom $135
- This is a Westin?????
- Not what I was expecting
- Best airport hotel EVER!
Universal City, Los Angeles | 4 star hotelfrom $206
- Probably Not Worth the $$
- Great location, no complaints
- Great Hotel, great location
LAX Area, Los Angeles | 4 star hotelfrom $137
- Great room shame about the Sports Bar
- Convenient with Helpful Staff!
- "top hotel"
Downtown Los Angeles, Los Angeles | 4 star hotelfrom $189
- Great Hotel
- Don't stay here
- Great service
Downtown/Wilshire, Los Angeles | 4 star hotelfrom $165
- Loved the Kyoto Grand Hotel and Gardens
- Great Hotel - Wonderful Stay- Will Come Back
- Never stay at this hotel again.
Westside, Los Angeles | 4 star hotelfrom $262
- Hotel und Service wundervoll
- Ein wundervolles Luxushotel
- Hidden Gem In Los Angeles
Los Angeles International Airport, Los Angeles | 3 star hotelfrom $120
- Terrific value
- Great Stay
- Paper thin walls, good room service
Downtown/Wilshire, Los Angeles | 4 star hotelfrom $194
- Terrible place for the high price
- Great Place!
- Corner Rooms have great Downtown Views!
LAX Area, Los Angeles | 3 star hotelfrom $165
- Pick your room carefully!
- A Delightful experience
- Nice Hotel
LAX Area, Los Angeles | 3 star hotelfrom $123
- Not bad, but not great either.
- Comfy and worth every Penny!
- It was comfy!!!
Central L.A, Los Angeles | 3 star hotelfrom $176
- It was OK
- Terrible Hotel
- Just Okay
Downtown/Wilshire, Los Angeles | 4 star hotelfrom $145
- Ok for business - not for a vacation
- Gorgeous Hotel
- Movie star glamour at the Biltmore
Westchester, Los Angeles | 3 star hotelfrom $117
- Nice, Clean, and Comfortable
- Liked the Room, Hated the Intrusions
- Not So Bad
LAX Area, Los Angeles | 3 star hotelfrom $110
- Stay next door
- The best pre-flight stop we have had
- Rooms seemed old and need updating
LAX Area, Los Angeles | 4 star hotelfrom $124
- Okay, but not fantastic
- Worst nights sleep ever
- LAX Hilton OK but beware of the front desk clerks.
Westside, Los Angeles | 4 star hotelfrom $256
- A Nice Place to Stay...on an Expense Account
- Elegant Hotel, good location
- Top of it's class
Warner Center, Los Angeles | 3 star hotelfrom $124
San Fernando Valley, Los Angeles | 3 star hotelfrom $183
- This hotel was one of the best parts of our visit to Los Angeles
- Fantastic Find
- A great surprise
LAX Area, Los Angeles | 3 star hotelfrom $116
- Pretty crappy, even for the low price we paid
- Decent value for a night or two...
- Fine for a night
Westside, Los Angeles | 4 star hotelfrom $289
- Totally AWESOME!
- Never Again
- The MOST comfortable beds ever!