Magnuson Hotel Waco
How has this hotel rated in the past?
TripAdvisor Reviews Motel 6 Bangor
Travel Blogs from Waco
... the local Creole restaurant but somehow gumbo and jambalaya didn't appeal and the special for the day of white beans on rice with catfish was left behind. In hindsight, should have tried one of these specialties. The restaurant was full and I was amused at the green plastic tablecloths covering long tables with hard wooden chairs - no luxury here but the food was excellent. We overnighted in Orange just over the border into Texas and as we drove around the outskirts avoiding ...
... of the road, and USGT's are not immune to road construction, but these roads are amazing.
As much as I love my new map book I think I will look for an equivalent that just lists this level of road. I think it would be a cool challenge to try to cross the country completely on USGT's. I am looking for a challenge for upcoming trips, although I still have the Arctic Ocean to achieve. You may have seen on this blog site that I have a trip from ...
It was time for my first official trip as an active full-time RVer!
There were a number of *hiccups* in my meticulously planned travel day:
- In Huntsville, all traffic was detoured because of a community leader's funeral.
- I hit more pot holes than I could count.
- There were so many more 18-wheelers & bikers on the road for a Sunday than I expected.
- It took me ...
- Visited my first Texas college today
- Baylor University is such a wonderful school
- The college was founded in 1841
- The campus is absolutely beautiful
- Their mascot is the bears and their school colors remind me of the University of Oregon's
- I can't wait to visit another Texas school! ...
... The girls all fell asleep and Tad and I enjoyed the quiet drive. We checked into the Waco Hilton, right across the street from Baylor, dropped our stuff in the room and hit the restaurant. In the lobby area, a big group of parents and boys in baseball caps were watching a replay of a Little league playoff game. The food was great and we were back in the room and in bed by 11:30, 9:30 our time. Good night's sleep and Austin ...