Eastry House Hotel
Travel Blogs from Barbados
I tried to sample some local cuisine including rum punch and flying fish. One evening the waitress told us the soup was plantain and sweet potato. After she left Wills asked me if she had said the soup was plankton soup. Fortunately they did gluten free pasta and gluten free wraps so Wills had no need to try the plankton soup.
... in sight! Could it be? On the most overcrowded, overtouristed country in the Americas... I get this whole beach to myself?! Granted, it doesn't have the beautiful, calm turquoise waters, and hasn't been cleaned for a while... but it's MINE! I immediately dive in for a swim. The Atlantic shore is known for it's dangerous rip tides, so I've got to be careful. But luckily the water doesn't get deep right away, so you can actually go out ...
... to get ready for dinner. I had French onion soup, seafood penne pasta, Sicilian chicken and strawberry cheesecake. We went to the early show at 8:15 … Motown. It was always tough for me to stay awake during these shows on such a full stomach. We went for a long walk on the track and back to our room quite ...
... we jumped in another minivan and headed for Oistins. Every Friday night the fishing village hosts the Oistins Fish Fry; a street party with drinking, dancing and lots of fresh fish and macaroni pie; a local dish. We had a bit of a wander around as not many people had arrived yet; but soon it was swarming with locals and tourists. We met a little cat that reminded me a lot of Tigger and an old man tried to sell him to us; I’m not even sure if it was his (or ...
... plays, the rum punch flows, and the warm sea breeze dries our skins and bathing suits. It is a lovely day. Once back on board, we make our way to our cabin only to find the carpet is still soaked and a dehumidifier and industrial fan working. A message on the phone tells us to call the purser’s office, but since the number is garbled we decide to stop by in person. We meet Michelle, who tells us our cabin needs a great deal of work (no ...
Other places to stay in Barbados
Needham's Point, Saint Michael | 5 star hotelfrom $181
- Excellent hotel and wonderful staff
- First Class Resort
- Fantastic Hotel
Hastings, Hastings | 3 star hotelfrom $280
- Wonderfully ROMANTIC and GREAT Service
- Worst Service Ever Pathetic
- Splendid at the Savannah
PO Box 429, Paynes Bay | 4 star hotelfrom $237
- Not very luxurious...
- Sadly disappointed
- Don't come here if you want good service
Rockley at Accra Beach, Christ Church | 3 star hotelfrom $122
Porters, St. James, Porters | 4 star hotelfrom $257
- Nice Hotel
- Our day at the colony club
- Just loved it
Maxwell Main Road, Christ Church | 3 star hotelfrom $89
- Not bad for what you get
- The worst hotel I've ever stayed in
- Recently Returned from Barbados
Rockley Beach 1, Christ Church | 3 star hotelfrom $108
- A Dump
- Beautiful, Friendly and Romantic....
- Would recommend!
Maxwell Coast Road, Christ Church | 3 star hotelfrom $335
- Amemorable two weeks
- November paradise
- We've found paradise at the seabreeze
2nd Street, Holetown | 3 star hotelfrom $39
- OK hotel in a great position
- Best holiday ever, Have been TWICE
- Incredible staff
\N, Christ Church | 3 star hotelfrom $87
Porters, St. James | 4 star hotelfrom $458
- Faultless - 11th September 2004
- The best hotel in Barbados
\N, Christ Church | 3 star hotelfrom $94
- Good accomodations for the price, but........
- The Best Place I ever stayed.
St. James Beach, St. James | 3 star hotelfrom $228
- Discovery Bay is A-OK
- Great place to stay
- Great Value
Palm Avenue, Sunset Crest | 3 star hotelfrom $80
Paynes Bay, St. James | Hotelfrom $280
- Friendly nicely presented
- Dinning in a sauna!!!!!!
- Poor mans hotel
Maynards, Saint Peter | 3 star hotelfrom $134
Paynes Bay, St. James | 4 star hotelfrom $26
- Eigentlich nicht so toll
- Understated luxury for those in the know
- Shame about the Cruise Ships
Oldbury, Saint Philip | Hotelfrom $111
St. Lawrence Gap, St Lawrence Gap | 3 star hotelfrom $95
- Fantasic views, ideal location
- Had a great time at the Ocean South Gap
- Awesome view!
Holetown, St. James | 5 star hotelfrom $476
- Great place
- The best holiday we have ever had
Mullins Bay, Barbados | 2 star hotelfrom $123
Holetown, St. James | 4 star hotelfrom $294
- Beautiful setting...
- Fantastic little hotel / "villa" complex
- Perfect for families and couples looking for relaxation!
Sunset Crest, St. James | 3 star hotelfrom $102
Paynes Bay, St. James | 4 star hotelfrom $290
- Stay at The House . . . Refinance yours!
- Great Concept, Staff, Just Needs a little Polish
- An Upgrade, but needs more attention
Long Bay, Saint Philip | 3 star hotelfrom $69