Eastry House Hotel
Travel Blogs from Barbados
Everything was white with frost for our last full day. It was freezing cold, so luckily the shower block was heated. We had a lovely journey along the levee of the Loire as far as Amboise, when we turned north towards Chartres. The ...
... was getting ready at the vanity and I looked over to see she had a concerned look on her face. I asked her what was wrong. She said "I’m so tan, my foundation doesn’t match my skin anymore!" I guess that’s a serious problem for women! We made an emergency trip to the cosmetics store on the ship for new foundation. LOL! Crises averted! So, next we went to dinner ...
... to Barbados, the island is “the most easterly island in the West Indies, out of the chain of Leeward and Windward Islands.” It was founded in 1627 and remained a British colony until its independence in 1966. The blend of British and West Indies cultures makes for a friendly and comfortable atmosphere. Barbados is located literally between the Atlantic Ocean and the Caribbean Sea. Barbados is small, measuring only 166 square miles ...
... and found it bewildering that it is also a way soooo many can say they have been here and there... without ever leaving the ship whilst in port. What?
I met lots of nice people, as I found myself clearly in the middle of the floating America, but I felt very much a foreigner, more than in many places I've travelled where the language and "culture" is obviously different. At the risk of being a little rude and a touch un-PC, I ...
Just got back from our 4 hour fishing trip along the South coast. Glenn and Dave both caught Kingfish- at the same time! The seas were really rocking, boy was it rough!Lot's of fun and a few "Breakfast beers"! A great start to the day. We were out on the Billfisher III . Afternoon was spent resting and swimming. Dinner was at Fred's again. The fishermen had kingfish and we gals had flying fish and mahi mahi. Dessert was coconut cake and liquour for those who ...
Other places to stay in Barbados
Needham's Point, Saint Michael | 5 star hotelfrom $181
- Excellent hotel and wonderful staff
- First Class Resort
- Fantastic Hotel
Hastings, Hastings | 3 star hotelfrom $280
- Wonderfully ROMANTIC and GREAT Service
- Worst Service Ever Pathetic
- Splendid at the Savannah
PO Box 429, Paynes Bay | 4 star hotelfrom $237
- Not very luxurious...
- Sadly disappointed
- Don't come here if you want good service
Rockley at Accra Beach, Christ Church | 3 star hotelfrom $122
\N, Hastings | 2 star hotelfrom $82
Porters | 4 star hotelfrom $257
- Nice Hotel
- Our day at the colony club
- Just loved it
Maxwell Main Road, Christ Church | 3 star hotelfrom $89
- Not bad for what you get
- The worst hotel I've ever stayed in
- Recently Returned from Barbados
Rockley Beach 1, Christ Church | 3 star hotelfrom $108
- A Dump
- Beautiful, Friendly and Romantic....
- Would recommend!
Maxwell Coast Road, Christ Church | 3 star hotelfrom $335
- Amemorable two weeks
- November paradise
- We've found paradise at the seabreeze
2nd Street, Holetown | 3 star hotelfrom $300
- OK hotel in a great position
- Best holiday ever, Have been TWICE
- Incredible staff
\N, Christ Church | 3 star hotelfrom $87
St James Beach, St. James | 4 star hotelfrom $458
- Faultless - 11th September 2004
- The best hotel in Barbados
\N, Christ Church | 3 star hotelfrom $94
- Good accomodations for the price, but........
- The Best Place I ever stayed.
St. James Beach, St. James | 3 star hotelfrom $228
- Discovery Bay is A-OK
- Great place to stay
- Great Value
Palm Avenue, Sunset Crest | 3 star hotelfrom $80
Paynes Bay, St. James | Hotelfrom $280
- Friendly nicely presented
- Dinning in a sauna!!!!!!
- Poor mans hotel
Maynards, Saint Peter | 3 star hotelfrom $134
Paynes Bay, St. James | 4 star hotelfrom $265
- Eigentlich nicht so toll
- Understated luxury for those in the know
- Shame about the Cruise Ships
Oldbury, Saint Philip | Hotelfrom $111
St. Lawrence Gap, St Lawrence Gap | 3 star hotelfrom $95
- Fantasic views, ideal location
- Had a great time at the Ocean South Gap
- Awesome view!
Holetown, St. James | 5 star hotelfrom $476
- Great place
- The best holiday we have ever had
Mullins Bay, Barbados | 2 star hotelfrom $123
Holetown, St. James | 4 star hotelfrom $294
- Beautiful setting...
- Fantastic little hotel / "villa" complex
- Perfect for families and couples looking for relaxation!
Sunset Crest, St. James | 3 star hotelfrom $102
Paynes Bay, St. James | 4 star hotelfrom $290
- Stay at The House . . . Refinance yours!
- Great Concept, Staff, Just Needs a little Polish
- An Upgrade, but needs more attention
Long Bay, Saint Philip | 3 star hotelfrom $69