Eastry House Hotel
Travel Blogs from Barbados
We are now staying with Craig's relatives in Hythe, Kent for a couple of days. Today we spent the day at Port Lympne Wild Animal Park and had a great time. We especially loved the big cats, gorillas and baboons. The park is in a great location overlooking the English Channel and the animals have great places to ...
... to have great weather our whole trip; some days were a bit cloudy (which was good) with only a few short showers.
On Thursday morning I had my visa appointment at 8am. Matt waited for me at a local café. Luckily all went well and I was told my visa could be collected the following week. If it hadn't been approved I wouldn’t have been allowed back into the US so I was very relieved! We spent the next few hours exploring Bridgetown. There were a ...
... equipment and then talk with us about the Hawksbill turtles we’re about to see. A short 20-minute ride and we’re at the spot. The area is not a turtle sanctuary, but the locals do make sure the area is protected and the turtles are respected. In fact, the island is very environmentally and ecologically conscious. Marlo drops the ladder at the front of the catamaran and we all head into the water. The water is 82º F (28ºC), (can I just ...
... of the other ports of call with fewer expectations, a more discerning choice of activities, and with the enjoyable company of new friends. After taking my first cruise, I will certainly consider doing it again using my experience to choose the cruise and the destinations. All in all, it was an enjoyable week and a very enlightening experience, with many many stories to share in person (facial expressions and hand gestures necessary).
... and Robin were looking for a bit of 'us' time! I think it had caused a bit of tension at the start, but is now sorted, I hope. It made me think about how we as a family all are on holiday, when we go as a family. We just kind of mould to the moment, ...
Other places to stay in Barbados
Needham's Point, Saint Michael | 5 star hotelfrom $181
- Excellent hotel and wonderful staff
- First Class Resort
- Fantastic Hotel
Hastings, Hastings | 3 star hotelfrom $280
- Wonderfully ROMANTIC and GREAT Service
- Worst Service Ever Pathetic
- Splendid at the Savannah
PO Box 429, Paynes Bay | 4 star hotelfrom $237
- Not very luxurious...
- Sadly disappointed
- Don't come here if you want good service
Rockley at Accra Beach, Christ Church | 3 star hotelfrom $122
The Garrison Historic Area, Hastings | 2 star hotelfrom $82
Porters | 4 star hotelfrom $257
- Nice Hotel
- Our day at the colony club
- Just loved it
Maxwell Main Road, Christ Church | 3 star hotelfrom $89
- Not bad for what you get
- The worst hotel I've ever stayed in
- Recently Returned from Barbados
Rockley Beach 1, Christ Church | 3 star hotelfrom $108
- A Dump
- Beautiful, Friendly and Romantic....
- Would recommend!
Maxwell Coast Road, Christ Church | 3 star hotelfrom $335
- Amemorable two weeks
- November paradise
- We've found paradise at the seabreeze
2nd Street, Holetown | 3 star hotelfrom $300
- OK hotel in a great position
- Best holiday ever, Have been TWICE
- Incredible staff
St. Lawrence, Christ Church | 3 star hotelfrom $87
St James Beach, St. James | 4 star hotelfrom $458
- Faultless - 11th September 2004
- The best hotel in Barbados
St. Lawrence Gap, Christ Church | 3 star hotelfrom $94
- Good accomodations for the price, but........
- The Best Place I ever stayed.
St. James Beach Holetown Barbados, St. James | 3 star hotelfrom $228
- Discovery Bay is A-OK
- Great place to stay
- Great Value
Palm Avenue , Sunset Crest | 3 star hotelfrom $80
Paynes Bay, St. James | Hotelfrom $280
- Friendly nicely presented
- Dinning in a sauna!!!!!!
- Poor mans hotel
Maynards, Saint Peter | 3 star hotelfrom $134
Paynes Bay, St. James | 4 star hotelfrom $265
- Eigentlich nicht so toll
- Understated luxury for those in the know
- Shame about the Cruise Ships
Oldbury, Saint Philip | Hotelfrom $111
St. Lawrence Gap, St Lawrence Gap | 3 star hotelfrom $95
- Fantasic views, ideal location
- Had a great time at the Ocean South Gap
- Awesome view!
Holetown, St. James | 5 star hotelfrom $476
- Great place
- The best holiday we have ever had
Mullins Bay, Barbados | 2 star hotelfrom $123
Holetown, St. James | 4 star hotelfrom $294
- Beautiful setting...
- Fantastic little hotel / "villa" complex
- Perfect for families and couples looking for relaxation!
Sunset Crest, St. James | 3 star hotelfrom $102
Paynes Bay, St. James | 4 star hotelfrom $290
- Stay at The House . . . Refinance yours!
- Great Concept, Staff, Just Needs a little Polish
- An Upgrade, but needs more attention
Long Bay, Saint Philip | 3 star hotelfrom $69