Travel Blogs from London
... hand, go on the defensive immediately when my sandwich doesn't get brought over to my table. I go to the counter to get it myself, only to be told by the waitress in an apologetic voice that she was just about to bring it over.
I guess I'm programmed nowadays to imagine that people have forgotten or don't care. Seems that I've become cynical after all my years in the north, where computer says no more often than yes. I'm just not used to being treated like ...
... in me and allowing your children to be a part of this adventure. It was an adventure, "life is an adventure". These kids did not read about this or dream it, they actually lived it, every moment. They come back to you exhausted but accomplished. They come back with a little more jump in their step, a little prouder, because they have not only fought the beast, they have tamed it and ridden it. They experienced the travails of a real actor. ...
... she ever reads this). Anyway, despite the unfortunate cancellation, the show went on with "General Elektrik" filling in... THEY ARE AMAZING i LOVE LOVE LOOOOVE their music and quirky dance moves. They have great stage presence, and their music is the type where you think "um, how do I dance to this?" and bob your head along, but they manage to pull it off with their wild crazy moves . I can't explain it, you just MUST look them up on YouTube! Amanda, you'll ...
... a choice between an expensive restaurant that didn't really have the food we were looking for, and some basic sandwiches.
In search of some different food (Matt wanted a burger of course), we left there and walked a few minutes down the road and went to a very English pub – the Marquis of Granby. It was great and also nice and quiet and the food was good. Matt had a cider on an empty stomach so was feeling a bit sleepy after that but perked up when ...
... streets, past rows and rows of houses all painted alike and little alleyways that beckoned to be explored. Getting on the Heathrow express the next day we had mixed feelings as we were sad to be ending our holiday, but so grateful for having had the opportunity to do this trip together and to create memories that will hopefully last much longer then the adventure itself.
Other places to stay in London
Mayfair/Soho/West End, London | 5 star hotelfrom $279
- Well worth the stay
- Different Hotel?
- Perfect location
South Bank/Bankside, London | 4 star hotelfrom $234
- Potential at Park Plaza County Hall
- Poor value
- Great Anniversary Stay
South Bank/Bankside, London | 4 star hotelfrom $191
- Great hotel! We'll definitely go again
- Exceeded my already high expectations
- Beautiful hotel with lots of problems
Fulham, London | 3 star hotelfrom $192
Clerkenwell, London | 3 star hotelfrom $151
- Great place
- Comfortable Clean and Friendly (and that's only the reviewer)
Mayfair/Soho/West End, London | 5 star hotel
- A magical experience
- Close to perfection.
- Thanks debbie for showing us the real london
London East, London | 4 star hotelfrom $118
- One Star Service, Four Star Price
- Absolutely Brilliant
- Fab Hotel in a Fab location!
West End, London | 5 star hotelfrom $339
- Overrated and Expensive
- Simply fantastic
- Errrrr... 5*s? I think not.
Mayfair/Soho/West End, London | 4 star hotelfrom $284
- Loved the Millenium Mayfair Hotel
- Great Location...Fine Hotel!
- Very nice hotel
Mayfair/Soho/West End, London | 4 star hotelfrom $247
- Unreliability - unlike British
- Warning: This hotel may be harmful to your vacation!
- Fantastic location and bath
Islington/Angel/King's Cross, London | 5 star hotelfrom $233
- Good, but not a place for an early night!
- Sleepless nights, noisy plumbing
- Great hotel - but I wasn't paying
Earls Court, London | 4 star hotelfrom $139
- I was pleasantly surprised
- Decent hotel, Copthorne Tara Kensington
- Priceline deal
South Bank/Bankside, London | 4 star hotelfrom $228
- Excellent Stay
- Very good hotel
- Nice, modern hotel
Vincent Square, London | 4 star hotelfrom $178
- Clean, fresh and modern
- Enjoy your stay in London!
- Excellent Facilities, Staff Seem Eager to Please
Knightsbridge/Earl's Court/Kensington, London | 4 star hotelfrom $177
- Recommend highly...
- Great Hotel - In an Excellent area.
- Great room, fabulous price, wonderful location!
Victoria, London | 4 star hotelfrom $200
- Beware of "standard room"
- Great location, friendly staff.
Holborn, London | 5 star hotelfrom $319
- A perfect stay at a great rate
- Fantastic and Five-Star Fabulousness
- Classy hotel at a good price
Mayfair/Soho/West End, London | 4 star hotelfrom $184
- Lovely honeymoon
- Surprisingly good hotel
- Awful, Awful, Awful
Clerkenwell, London | 2 star hotelfrom $178
- Clean and friendly
- Good value for money hotel - but poor food
- Not Bad At All
Marylebone High Street, London | 4 star hotelfrom $180
- Best hotel of my business trip
- Good Hotel!
- Really good hotel, but could be pricey
Mayfair/Soho/West End, London | 4 star hotelfrom $274
- Ignore the other quite ridiculous reviews !
- This is not a 4 star hotel
- Very Impressed
Hyde Park, London | 4 star hotelfrom $276
- Wonderful Views
- 5 STAR HOTEL
- Tiny room
Northwest/Regent Park, London | 4 star hotelfrom $217
- Our Best Stay in Europe
- Okay as expected
- Very impressed
Mayfair/Soho/West End, London | 4 star hotelfrom $210
- Was better than I expected.
- Style and Luxury ! The best room I ever had in my life !
- Don't judge a Hotel by its exterior!
Mayfair/Soho/West End, London | 5 star hotelfrom $339
- Rude, prejudice and unhelpful.
- Nice rooms, decent price, polite staff
- Quite pleased
Westminster/Belgravia, London | 4 star hotelfrom $208
- Pleasent stay
- Very pleased!
- Great Experience