Travel Blogs from London
Crossed one off the to do before I go home list today, by heading into London to watch Middlesex vs Northamptonshire at the home of cricket - LORDS! This was for Booneys birthday, as well there final full day in the uk before they headed home. We met Bre and Boon at Paddington, making our way down to the local weatherspoons for breaky before heading to the ground. We were very lucky for most of the morning and early arvo with weather, being able to bring in beers and some ...
... re just sitting in a cabinet getting dusty.
We saw the Tower's crows, which seemed way bigger than normal crows, but then, I've noticed that all the birds in England seem to be bigger than the Australian ones, maybe there's more food available or better conditions or something.
After the Tower, we took a boat ride down to Greenwich, which was another thing I'd done previously, but I think it's really worth doing because they tell you about the history of the ...
We woke up at 7am this morning only because daylight savings started last night. We had a slow start and left at 9.30am to get the underground to Oxford Street to do some shopping and go to Hamley's Toy Store. Remembering the shops open at 10am here, we got there at 9.45 so went to Starbucks for a quick coffee to fill in time till 10am then found out the shops only open at 12 noon on Sundays! So we then decided to catch the underground to Camden Town for the morning. Camden ...
... course J.
One other evening Maddy, her friend Emma and I walked the German styled Southbank markets with beautiful views of the Thames, the London Eye and Big Ben. We continued across the river to Somerset House, a beautiful building surrounding a large ice skating rink, and continuing our christmas evening through to Covent Garden.
Beyond this I balanced my three jobs around all of the Christmas festivities before I flew to Germany on the ...
... through a very thick vault door, and there they were, all those shiny gems and glistening gold that I have seen so many times in books and the like. It was very impressive to behold. Unfortunately, no photography was allowed, so I don't have any pictures. But trust me, the largest cut diamond in the world is definitely as awe-inspiring as it sounds! After viewing the family--I mean royal--jewels, we dipped in to the white tower, the oldest building in the complex. Most of what ...
Other places to stay in London
Mayfair/Soho/West End, London | 5 star hotelfrom $332
- Well worth the stay
- Different Hotel?
- Perfect location
South Bank/Bankside, London | 4 star hotelfrom $282
- Potential at Park Plaza County Hall
- Poor value
- Great Anniversary Stay
South Bank/Bankside, London | 4 star hotelfrom $223
- Great hotel! We'll definitely go again
- Exceeded my already high expectations
- Beautiful hotel with lots of problems
Fulham, London | 3 star hotelfrom $184
Clerkenwell, London | 3 star hotelfrom $188
- Great place
- Comfortable Clean and Friendly (and that's only the reviewer)
Mayfair/Soho/West End, London | 5 star hotelfrom $736
- A magical experience
- Close to perfection.
- Thanks debbie for showing us the real london
London East, London | 4 star hotelfrom $151
- One Star Service, Four Star Price
- Absolutely Brilliant
- Fab Hotel in a Fab location!
West End, London | 5 star hotelfrom $490
- Overrated and Expensive
- Simply fantastic
- Errrrr... 5*s? I think not.
Mayfair/Soho/West End, London | 4 star hotelfrom $302
- Loved the Millenium Mayfair Hotel
- Great Location...Fine Hotel!
- Very nice hotel
Mayfair/Soho/West End, London | 4 star hotelfrom $326
- Unreliability - unlike British
- Warning: This hotel may be harmful to your vacation!
- Fantastic location and bath
Islington/Angel/King's Cross, London | 5 star hotelfrom $289
- Good, but not a place for an early night!
- Sleepless nights, noisy plumbing
- Great hotel - but I wasn't paying
Earls Court, London | 4 star hotelfrom $167
- I was pleasantly surprised
- Decent hotel, Copthorne Tara Kensington
- Priceline deal
South Bank/Bankside, London | 4 star hotelfrom $229
- Excellent Stay
- Very good hotel
- Nice, modern hotel
Vincent Square, London | 4 star hotelfrom $239
- Clean, fresh and modern
- Enjoy your stay in London!
- Excellent Facilities, Staff Seem Eager to Please
Knightsbridge/Earl's Court/Kensington, London | 4 star hotelfrom $188
- Recommend highly...
- Great Hotel - In an Excellent area.
- Great room, fabulous price, wonderful location!
Mayfair/Soho/West End, London | 4 star hotelfrom $205
- Lovely honeymoon
- Surprisingly good hotel
- Awful, Awful, Awful
Clerkenwell, London | 2 star hotelfrom $195
- Clean and friendly
- Good value for money hotel - but poor food
- Not Bad At All
Marylebone High Street, London | 4 star hotelfrom $188
- Best hotel of my business trip
- Good Hotel!
- Really good hotel, but could be pricey
Victoria, London | 4 star hotelfrom $262
- Beware of "standard room"
- Great location, friendly staff.
Holborn, London | 5 star hotelfrom $443
- A perfect stay at a great rate
- Fantastic and Five-Star Fabulousness
- Classy hotel at a good price
Mayfair/Soho/West End, London | 4 star hotelfrom $302
- Ignore the other quite ridiculous reviews !
- This is not a 4 star hotel
- Very Impressed
Hyde Park, London | 4 star hotelfrom $327
- Wonderful Views
- 5 STAR HOTEL
- Tiny room
Northwest/Regent Park, London | 4 star hotelfrom $267
- Our Best Stay in Europe
- Okay as expected
- Very impressed
Mayfair/Soho/West End, London | 4 star hotelfrom $244
- Was better than I expected.
- Style and Luxury ! The best room I ever had in my life !
- Don't judge a Hotel by its exterior!
Mayfair/Soho/West End, London | 5 star hotelfrom $424
- Rude, prejudice and unhelpful.
- Nice rooms, decent price, polite staff
- Quite pleased
Westminster/Belgravia, London | 4 star hotelfrom $253
- Pleasent stay
- Very pleased!
- Great Experience