Domaine de Rieumege Chateaux & Hotels de France
No availability found through our partners. Please contact the business directly or check some of our recommended alternatives.
Travel Blogs from Olargues
So............our mates have returned to Blighty to resume normal life. Ferry back for us in a week or so, we are wending our way north - soaking up good things. France is full of good things.......a superb country - oft over-looked by English folk. It's different here away from the high mountains......but stunningly beautiful........and hilly if you ride a bike!
And my old family friend Aunty Barbara delivers 2nd to none hospitality!!
- Made it through the last lock into Narbonne not without incident.
- This is a control lock and they wont let you through without your carnet to use the canals, I dont have a carnet because no one could it seems take the money anywhere previously.
- They dont accept cards, and I had to scrape the cash together.
- 81.4 € for the use of the waterway from Bordeaux, a bargain indeed.
- Having watched some ...
- Outskirts, means will have to stay with the boat, just outside the last lock into the centre of town.
- Then only 4 or so locks to the med.
- Homps was my favourite stopover place, but wont bore you with all the details here.
- My german ...
... into a couple of wheat beers, another game of pool before setting ogg for the evening meal. Afterwards we got a tai back to the hotel. Roger got the kitty money out to pay the taxi driver and left his phone in the car. Several phone calls later and a returning taxi saw roger re-united with his phone 2 hours later. Tracy has changed her flight from Nice to Nimes which means we can go pick her up on-route to the campsite. can't wait. All in bed by ...
... think he was a retired pilot called in to land the flight after many years of retirement. Whatever became of the captain? ....... Nawwww - he was probs a doctor called to heal the sick.
So we finally landed in Toulouse. Stood in line for the car hire for, like, an hour. Unfortunately the sweet young thing decided to upgrade us from our compact auto to a big Citroen (diesel), which makes dimensions on the wrong side of the road, ...