Days Inn Denison
How has this hotel rated in the past?
TripAdvisor Reviews Days Inn Denison
Travel Blogs from Denison
Another day of good weather, 691 kms covered and two more states, Illinois and Iowa, are behind us.
The boys are really taking to this travelling lifestyle.
- On my way to Grandma's house I stayed at the Lewis and Clark state Park
- Stayed there for 2 days and checked out some local monuments
- While looking around at the park I met a Native American woman who was a descendant of the Native American that accompanied Lewis and Clark as a guide on their joureney
- She had many stories to tell about her ancestors and their customs
- after spending $75.29 on gas I finally make it to my grandma's house ...
- 4 A.M.
- These constant 4 hour drives are starting to get on my nerves.
- Knowing we are almost there is the only thing keeping me going.
- Gassed up at Chevron.
- Bought some dry ice which should last us the rest of the way.
- We get back to it after stretching and walking around a bit.
- Gas Cost: $47.15
- Ice Cost: $7
... down to the big river, I mean this is one of THE rivers of the world ! I watched it, took a couple of pics and just had to dip my feet in it. Who from Taunton can say that ?? Maybe nobody would want to but, it's been done.Once over the river I was now in Iowa !On to the I 80 again to " IOWA 80 ", the Worlds biggest truckstop. It IS big. Parking for 900 trucks and inside there are vintage small trucks and ...
... up hoping to see the river, but it wasn't visible, so we went walking hoping to see it, but never did. Time, Time, Time, I was not focused on the important things yet. Gone three days and not really into the rhythm of the trip.
On top of all the rest what really set us back was we needed gas and something to drink. There was only a shopping center without a gas station, but there was a Shopko and I thought ...