TripAdvisor Reviews De Admiraal Amsterdam
Travel Blogs from Amsterdam
... the bussies stayed at the trafalgar hotel in Earls Court so we decided to join them at the end of the tour. Sort of wish we stayed back in Southwark, Earls Court is in the suburbs with nothing much around apart from pubs, shops etc none the less it was good to have dinner at the local with our new bussie friends and say more farewells to them. Well our trip is now at the ...
... of hours in Dubai Airport, it was hot, then we were on the plane again for the final 7 hours to Amsterdam. There was a lot of dutch speak. Confusing. Had a few Heinekens to get us in the mood! We touched down in Amsterdam a little after 8pm local time, same day as we left, so was a big day. Dad's uncles, Wim and Humphrey (not B. Bear), met us as we left the airport, which was a great surprise. It was the first time I'd seen them since ...
... so I've never seen anything like it. The crowds of people walking by speaking smatterings of different languages, the way the buildings are laid out, the mix of old and new.
We boarded a tram into the city and found our way into the De Pijp neighborhood, where our AirBNB room awaited us. Our host wasn't at home right at the moment, so we entertained ourselves with a Heineken on a sunny bar patio and watched the colorful bike riders whooshing ...
... run at a 9 minute pace outside in over a year due to various injuries. Day is off to a great start.
Our first museum of the day was the Rijksmuseum, which is the Dutch national museum of arts and history. This was a cool museum and worth the effort of going through. One of the exhibits centered on ships and had models of various ships used by the Dutch and other ...
... Beer. At one point on the tour, we were even turned into beer as we did a simulator that took us through the entire process of making and bottling beer from start to finish. Very interesting! We also had beer tasting where we learned that the reason that you should keep a head of foam on your beer is to keep the carbon dioxide in the beer so the flavor lasts longer. Hmmmmm, who knew?? After a little shopping and dinner at the Hard Rock, it ...
Other places to stay in Amsterdam
Centre, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $211
- Stay Away
- Great value and truly very comfortable!
- Club Rooms do the job
Burgwallen-Nieuwe Zijde, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $196
- Seemed fine to me
- Underrated and can be good value
- Stay elsewhere
Museumplein/Vondelpark, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $86
Zeeburg, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $208
- Still has teething problems
- Very Pleasant
- Not a bad choice..
Buitenveldert-Oost, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $139
- A great choice for my family
- Comfortable and clean - no surprises
- Good Hotel
Centre, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $226
- Excellent Hotel, Room, service and Value!
- Stayed 4 times
- Really a 4 star.
Centre, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $247
- Good comfort but boring
- Chain Charming
- Request an Apartment Unit
Amsterdam South, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $119
De Pijp, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $225
- Disappointing hotel - not worth 5 stars
- A Very Nice Stay
- Its much better than portrayed
ZuidOost (Business District), Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $155
- A good Business Hotel
- Great service, clean hotel, reasonably priced
- Friendly service
Apollobuurt, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $212
- All the Hilton Perks
- Peace and Quiet
- Everything we expect from Hilton - and more
Amstel, Amsterdam | 3 star hotelfrom $105
Amstel, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $106
Museumplein/Vondelpark, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $268
- Especially liked the health club!
- Great rate, nice hotel, good location
- The most comfortable bed ever.
Centre, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $167
- Our first hotel stay in Amsterdam, it was brilliant!
- Nice hotel but...
- Excellent Location
Sloten en Riekerpolder, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $107
- Not Enough focus on the customers needs
- Nice hotel
- Pleasant room, but all the problems of a new hotel
Centre, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $236
- Beautiful, Wonderful Amrath
- Schönes, wundervolles Amrath
- What an experience!
Canal Belt/Rembrandtplein, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $333
- They treated me like a relative
- Perfect Location - aweful service!
Centre, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $235
- We would stay again without a doubt
- Nothing special
- Great Hotel in Good Location!
Canal Belt/Rembrandtplein, Amsterdam | 3 star hotelfrom $172
- Above Average European Hotel
- Not what we expected
- OK, but some problem at the check in time
Canal Belt/Rembrandtplein, Amsterdam | 3 star hotelfrom $154
- Overrated and Overpriced
- Loved the Eden Hotel
- Ordinary and overpriced
Distelkade 21, (formerly Golden Tulip City North), Amsterdam | Hotelfrom $100
Westlandgracht, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $120
Centre, Amsterdam | 3 star hotelfrom $176
- Would stay again
- A great stay!
- Great Hotel, Great People, Great City
Museumplein/Vondelpark, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $177
- Great Hotel, Great People, Great City therefore Great Time!
- LOVED IT!!!
- Great hotel
Apollolaan 2, (formerly Le Meridien Apollo), Amsterdam | Hotelfrom $220
- Basement Dungeon to Junior Suite
- Good average hotel
- Nice room, mediocre restaurant