TripAdvisor Reviews De Admiraal Amsterdam
Travel Blogs from Amsterdam
... Central Station to our lodging. Our host, Francois, let us drop our bags off, and suggested some targets to seek before our 2 pm check in time. Winkles came first -- reputedly the best apple tarts in the city. We had three between us.....no breakfast on our flight, so wanted to drive the blood sugar up. The line outside Winkles when we left reminded us of Voodoo Donuts! We then wandered into a small gallery and wandered out with four colorful prints! The gallery had a ...
... down in the aisle, it's by far the best place to sleep, so much leg room.
Just half an hour outside Amsterdam we stop for a little cheese and clogs demonstration. This particular farm is run by an eccentric bunch. The cheese demonstration is first. It turns out to be more of a comedy show than a demonstration of any sorts, the guy has a particular fondness for Mumma Mel who he brings up the front to stand next to him. It is definitely one of those moments you have to be ...
I got woken up by someone else's alarm, I couldn't get back to sleep, so I proceeded to shower and get ready for the day. I'd planned to have a quiet holiday alone, I was going to spend the days sightseeing, and staying in and reading a book in the evenings. But the 2 girls I met were going on a pubcrawl in the Red Light District in the evening, and I said that I'd consider it. They had to move ...
Our drive to Amsterdam from Dusseldorf is made shorter by the ability to drive at 90 to 100mph for all of the way until the Dutch border, where the top speed drops to 72mph and there are radar cameras seemingly at 1/2 mile spacing. The Dutch seem to be sticklers for rules with respect to driving.
We are able to find the recently renovated Conservatorium Hotel, get checked in, return our car and enjoy a great lunch. One of the greatest things ...
... a brief visit to the Westerkerk Church, we stopped in a cafe in a tiny little street, shared dessert, sipped coffee and watched the world go by. Ahhh, gotta love vacation. The very last activity for the day was taking the boys to our neighborhood park that has cool built-in trampolines. Seeing them running around with little Dutch kids made us so thankful for the experience. Farewell for now Amsterdam, until we meet ...
Other places to stay in Amsterdam
Centre, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $211
- Stay Away
- Great value and truly very comfortable!
- Club Rooms do the job
Burgwallen-Nieuwe Zijde, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $196
- Seemed fine to me
- Underrated and can be good value
- Stay elsewhere
Museumplein/Vondelpark, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $86
Zeeburg, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $208
- Still has teething problems
- Very Pleasant
- Not a bad choice..
Buitenveldert-Oost, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $139
- A great choice for my family
- Comfortable and clean - no surprises
- Good Hotel
Centre, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $226
- Excellent Hotel, Room, service and Value!
- Stayed 4 times
- Really a 4 star.
Centre, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $247
- Good comfort but boring
- Chain Charming
- Request an Apartment Unit
Amsterdam South, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $119
De Pijp, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $225
- Disappointing hotel - not worth 5 stars
- A Very Nice Stay
- Its much better than portrayed
ZuidOost (Business District), Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $155
- A good Business Hotel
- Great service, clean hotel, reasonably priced
- Friendly service
Apollobuurt, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $212
- All the Hilton Perks
- Peace and Quiet
- Everything we expect from Hilton - and more
Amstel, Amsterdam | 3 star hotelfrom $105
Amstel, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $106
Museumplein/Vondelpark, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $268
- Especially liked the health club!
- Great rate, nice hotel, good location
- The most comfortable bed ever.
Centre, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $167
- Our first hotel stay in Amsterdam, it was brilliant!
- Nice hotel but...
- Excellent Location
Sloten en Riekerpolder, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $107
- Not Enough focus on the customers needs
- Nice hotel
- Pleasant room, but all the problems of a new hotel
Centre, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $236
- Beautiful, Wonderful Amrath
- Schönes, wundervolles Amrath
- What an experience!
Canal Belt/Rembrandtplein, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $333
- They treated me like a relative
- Perfect Location - aweful service!
Centre, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $235
- We would stay again without a doubt
- Nothing special
- Great Hotel in Good Location!
Canal Belt/Rembrandtplein, Amsterdam | 3 star hotelfrom $172
- Above Average European Hotel
- Not what we expected
- OK, but some problem at the check in time
Canal Belt/Rembrandtplein, Amsterdam | 3 star hotelfrom $154
- Overrated and Overpriced
- Loved the Eden Hotel
- Ordinary and overpriced
Distelkade 21, (formerly Golden Tulip City North), Amsterdam | Hotelfrom $100
Westlandgracht, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $120
Centre, Amsterdam | 3 star hotelfrom $176
- Would stay again
- A great stay!
- Great Hotel, Great People, Great City
Museumplein/Vondelpark, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $177
- Great Hotel, Great People, Great City therefore Great Time!
- LOVED IT!!!
- Great hotel
Apollolaan 2, (formerly Le Meridien Apollo), Amsterdam | Hotelfrom $220
- Basement Dungeon to Junior Suite
- Good average hotel
- Nice room, mediocre restaurant