Travelers also recommend:
TripAdvisor Reviews Hotel Samoa El Berrón
Travel Blogs from Jasper
- This week after working for Mr. Gerringer I made $320!
- Even though I saved up for a while before this trip I really needed more spending money
- Now I am headed to Waco, Texas so I can visit Baylor
- My tank is full and so is my tummy, I'm ready to ...
- For the next five days I am going to be working for Mr. Gerringer
- I'll be working on his farm everyday for $8 an hour
- He is even letting me stay with him for free!
- This week I will be bailing hay, hoeing corn, and cleaning out chicken coops
- Although it will be hard work, I am grateful for the opportunity
- The money I make this week is going towards paying for this ...
... everywhere from New Mexico almost to this place. Now it will be Houston, I imagine.
We took a short walk down to the shore of the lake and got a few pictures. There are lots of large birds standing in the water and on old pieces of piers. The afternoon sun gave a sweet cast to the trees. The leaves are gone. No love oaks here, but lots of hardwoods and pines really abound. The drought here was terrible and necessitated removal of a lot of ...
... growing, as straight as pencils, to heights of over one-hundred feet.
The changes are more than environmental. After living within the sound of the surf for the last five months, everything feels different here. Maybe knowing that it will be at least six months before we see the beaches of South Carolina coupled with the fact that we will be continually moving north by west, crossing the Great Plains of Nebraska, then north again into the ...
So Texas has the worst roads so far trekking east to west I'd have to say I prefer Louisiana Bayou Road at ngiht to East Texas pine country road in the day! It is as if the engineers herde simply mixed pots of gravfel with tar and slung thing with reckless abandon on a sandy base. I feel like i've driven on a cobblestone beach for about 30 miles. All becase better though within a few miles of Jasper, and Texas DOES seem to appreciate ...