Dancing Bear Inn
No prices found through our partners. Please contact the business directly or check some of our recommended alternatives.
How has this hotel rated in the past?
- Wireless internet connection in room (free)
- Refrigerator in room
- Non-smoking hotel
- Microwave in room
- High-speed internet in room
- Hot tub
Travelers also recommend:
TripAdvisor Reviews Dancing Bear Inn Damascus
Travel Blogs from Damascus
... and lay waste your country with fire and sword.”Major Ferguson was dispatched by Lord Cornwallis to bring the North Carolina mountain settlements back under the firm control of the Crown, and he sits entrenched atop King’s Mountain with 1000 seasoned fighters.There, on hallowed ground, the Overmountain Men and the Loyalists meet with destiny… a destiny that changed the direction of the War and forged the future of a ...
- Bethel Baptist Church puts on a Bethel Blast every 4th of July. They furnish pulled pork, baked beans, cole slaw, rolls, bottled water, soda, various desserts and watermelon. Local bands play in the big tent and fireworks at dark thirty. All this is free! ...
- It is amazing that this town has a 4th of July parade every year with the most simple of floats and entries and the whole town turns out and appreciates it as much as a Macy's parade. You can certainly feel the American pride and patriotism in this town.
- After the parade free watermelon and cake (made by the local bakery) are served on the lawn of the Jones ...
AJ and Allison will so 2100 miles- we did 2- well, 4 round trip! We drove from Mt. Rogers National Recreation area to Grayson Highlands State Park. We stopped at the visitors centers at both areas. At Grayson Highlands we parked at Massey Gap and walked a couple of miles in on the trail. Despite being called Rhododendren Trail, the trail was covered with lovely pink mountain laurel and bright orange honeysuckle bushes. We walked in to see the wild ...
We met up with AJ (our nephew) and Allison, who are hiking the Appalachian Trail. We had breakfast together at the Apple Tree Restaurant in Marion, and they told us all about their adventure on the trail. They are 1/4 of the way through and Virginia has the longest stretch of trail. They took a week off for AJ to collect his PHD diploma, then headed back on the trail. Their packs weigh about 40 pounds, and we watched as they reorganized them with ...