Country Inn & Suites St. Augustine Downtown Dist
Travel Blogs from Saint Augustine
This morning we went to the Fountain of Youth, which is a Spanish dig site. It was home to the first white settlement in America.
1. A musket firing
2. The planetarium (to show how early explorers navigated)
3. A canon firing (it was loud)
4. The Fountain of Youth spring (it tasted sulphuric)
5. A native Indian village (an old Indian burial site)
6. Mission de Numbers (the earliest ...
We had a sleep in and then went out to the Fountain of Youth which is where America was first settled. We went and saw how to work a musket. After that we saw a canon. It was very loud when it was fired. We saw some shelters of some Indians that once lived here.
Today we went on a Segway Tour.
1. Flagler College (the first hotel that had electricity)
2. A cathedral (it had a pipe organ with the most pipes in the world)
3. A popsicle shop (it had home made popsicles that were delicious)
4. A house on fire (it nearly took the chocolate shop!!!)
After lunch went to a animal rescue and rehabilitation park for exotic ...
... stopped and had a homemade popsicle at the Hypo.
Then we went to the St Augustine Wildlife Reserve. It looks after big cats and lions. A lady bought a lynx for a pet but it was too rough and so she kept it in her garage and just threw it some food now and again. So they rescued it and care for it now. We also saw lions, wolves, tigers, black jaguars, white Bengal tigers, a cheetah, some leopards, bobcats and porcupines.
This is the one I remember from my childhood, but I'm sure it was not as busy then as now. This must have been field trip day, there were kids everywhere. Since we have the Senior Pass for the National Parks, it didn't cost us the admission. We walked around, looked at all the sights, trying to imagine life in the 17th century. We walked around there about an hour then went for lunch about 2pm).
After lunch, we made our way over ...
How has this hotel rated in the past?
More great choices in Saint Augustine
Search TripAdvisor for more deals in Saint Augustine
Travelers also recommend:
- More recommendations