Travel Blogs from Miami Beach
... his leadership and for the encouragement this has meant to him. He has so appreciated us being there and affirming him in this way. It is so good that we will be catching up with him regularly on skype. We know he will need the on-going encouragement and support as he confronts the challenges before them there. Plus it makes the good-byes easier!!!
So our trusty taxi driver, Frank, was there to pick ...
Miami it is!
To work it like any other tourist would we rented a convertible. I can't describe the feeling sitting in it and driving the streets of Miami.. I mean c'mon, we had our backbags with us!! But we had to do it once in a lifetime, and what was better place than this.
Miami is just like in the pictures and series but it's cool in its own way.
Miami Beach ...
... don't know because I stopped keeping track in the second week, whatever it cost you can double it or triple it because it was the definition of priceless. I stayed in some five star hotels and some of the dirtiest hostels in the world and both were perfect. I can't tell you who painted what paintings or when the temples were built or why religions have rituals or where the capital building or what was in the food. But I can tell you ...
... 8220;together time” on this cruise were able to compare it to our other cruise experiences. We had previously sailed Carnival as a family as well as many cruises on Disney. My other cruise experience have been with Royal Caribbean (loved it), NCL (it was OK and I’m not itching to go back due to their extra charges) and Princess (not me but loved the ship.) Because I keep trying out cruise lines I will say ...
... they have so many freaking food chains? I can't even remember the name of this one. Polanco maybe. Polcano Chicken. Was that it? Is that Spanish for something? Does it really even matter? I dunno. Anyways, after standing in line for several minutes, I approached the order till. THIS conversation went a little something like this: (some dialogue may have been altered for dramatic effect)
Polanco's (?) Employee: "What you want?"
Me, displaying the fifty: ...
Other places to stay in Miami Beach
Miami Beach, Miami Beach | 3 star hotelfrom $113
- Had a great stay
- Better than expected
- Probably would not stay here again
West Avenue, Miami Beach | 4 star hotelfrom $199
Oceanfront, Miami Beach | 4 star hotelfrom $191
South Beach, Miami Beach | 5 star hotelfrom $370
Miami Beach, Miami Beach | 3 star hotelfrom $153
- Great hotel
- We had a FAB time staying at the RIU
- Wouldn't stay at RIU in Florida or other areas they are located.
Miami Beach, Miami Beach | 3 star hotelfrom $95
South Beach, Miami Beach | 1 star hotelfrom $119
- Better than I expected
- Haunted - Creepy - Nothing worked and no parking
- GREAT location, acceptable room
South Beach, Miami Beach | 5 star hotelfrom $221
Oceanfront, Miami Beach | 4 star hotelfrom $192
City Center, Miami Beach | 4 star hotelfrom $234
- Some of the rudest employees I have ever met
- Great style
- Just Returned from the Shore Club
Oceanfront, Miami Beach | 3 star hotelfrom $212
- An Island Resort in the City
- Wonderful stay at the Palm's
- Great atmosphere, Great staff
Miami Beach, Miami Beach | 3 star hotelfrom $160
- Hotel was reasonable but the overall service was disappointing!
- Very nice hotel
- Assistant Manager horrible
North Shores, Miami Beach | 3 star hotelfrom $97
- Would Stay here Again
- Everything was terrible
- Will not stay there again
South Beach, Miami Beach | 4 star hotelfrom $326
- Fantastic experience!
- Great Trip...Will visit again
- Beautiful hotel, uneven rooms
Downtown, Miami Beach | 1 star hotelfrom $90
- Bare Basics
- A Hairy Experience
- This is a Wrost-class hotel
Miami Beach, Miami Beach | 3 star hotelfrom $167
- Not Your Average Courtyard
- Great Stay at the Courtyard Marriott Oceanfont
- Room with a view
South Beach, Miami Beach | 4 star hotelfrom $207
- Pitiful pool, great location though
- Very Nice!
- Expensive hotel, terrible service
South Beach, Miami Beach | 3 star hotelfrom $213
- Great Location, Good Price, But small rooms
- Great Hotel
- Highly recommended!
Oceanfront, Miami Beach | 2 star hotel
- Loved this hotel
- Not bad at all
- Wirklich nicht schlecht
City Center, Miami Beach | 2 star hotelfrom $85
- If you're thinking of staying here... don't!
- Budget hotel on the beach.
- Awful Hotel
City Center, Miami Beach | 4 star hotelfrom $191
- Wonderful service for medium size meeting
- Miami Beach vacation
- National, what a dissappointment.
Miami Beach, Miami Beach | 2 star hotelfrom $97
- Outside Construction
- Moderate oceanfront propery in a good location
South Beach, Miami Beach | 3 star hotelfrom $141
- The Park Central exceeded my expectations!
- The BEST place to stay on South Beach!
- Great Place but beware....
South Beach, Miami Beach | 1 star hotelfrom $93
- Great for the price
- Good location, Basic Room and Rude Unhelpful Staff
- Nice stay
Miami Beach, Miami Beach | Hotelfrom $38
Miami Beach, Miami Beach | 4 star hotel
- Foolishly gave it a 2nd chance
- What a dump- Not worth it
- This is no 4-star hotel!