Comfort Inn University
Travel Blogs from Stockholm
i wrote to my brother asking about advice on traveling in Southeast Asia. He answered my questions and also sent me a separate email containing great advice that I wanted to share here! (with his permission):
"If you are depressed, you are living in the past. If you are anxious, you are living in the future. If you are at peace, you are living in the present." -Lao Tzu
... that sold me a micro USB cable, and I put my kindle on charge on the bike with the hope that maybe it was the cable that was broken rather than the kindle. Once I'd fuelled up I rode towards Stockholm through beautiful weather and beautiful forests. The highway has sections marked 120km/h, but everyone seems to treat that as a loose guide - cars were regularly doing 150km/h or more, slowing down only for the fixed speed cameras. As I ...
... us that they have to start learning English at 7, at school. He has just spent a year in Canada, and was pleased when I commented that he was using phrases I wouldn't have expected.
From the old quarter, we went to the Ice Bar - the original ice bar, which I presume NZ copied. We had a big hooded poncho and gloves each, which kept us as warm as toast. After struggling to use my camera (I had put the spare battery down my bra) with the ...
... To our surprise just as they were finishing the rehearsal, they asked Ian if they could sing a special song to us. We just sat back with big grins on our faces & were absolutely thrilled to have this compliment.
Having had 9 weeks travelling on buses, boats and planes we were very happy to just relax for the next few days and enjoy not having to get up early. Ian & Aleks live in Sollentuna a modern suburb of Stockholm which is not ...
... structures are so preserved - apparently, because the harbour had been so heavily polluted for many of the 300 years post-sinking, most of the microbes that normally devour wood etc under the sea, were absent.
I visited the National Museum and saw fantastic paintings by many European masters. Highlights included "Northern Lights" by Anna Boberg, and "In the Bois du Bologne" by Morisot (which I had always thought was a Monet). I also visited ...
Other places to stay in Stockholm
Tegelbacken 6, Stockholm | 5 star hotelfrom $172
- Smallish rooms with really soft beds
- Excellent Hotel
Ringvagen 98, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $149
- Swedish Meatballs??
- Cool and hip- not your parent's hotel!
- Good choice in Stockholm
Norrmalm, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $128
- Stylish, but not an architectural must-see.
- Simply great and very relaxing surroundings!
Sodra Blasieholmshammen 8, Stockholm | 5 star hotelfrom $314
- The grand dam of Scandinavia
- Amazing Location
- Overpriced establishment resting on its reputation
Norrmalm, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $185
- Lovely modern hotel
- Acceptable but nothing special
- Would Not Stay Here Again
Norrmalm, Stockholm | 5 star hotelfrom $204
Slojdgatan 7, Stockholm | 3 star hotelfrom $153
- Great hotel, central location, nice staff
- Clean and comfortable
- A Surprise
Enskede - Årsta - Vantör, Stockholm | 3 star hotelfrom $139
Kungsgatan 47, Stockholm | 3 star hotelfrom $159
- Clean, convenient, a little bit cramped
- Fantastic Hotel, Great Price
- Preiswert für Stockholm
Norrmalm, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $156
- Location Location Location and a great room!
- A very nice place to stay!
Brunkebergstorg 9 , Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $159
- First class hotel, one of the best!!
- Scandic Hotel mit besserer Qualität
- Gute Lage, Hotel war in Ordnung
Kungsholmsgatan 31, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $170
- Nice lobby
- Did you all stay in the same hotel as me?
- A good choice
Södermalm, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $115
Massvagen 2 Alvsjo, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $117
Sodra Kajen 37, Stockholm | 3 star hotelfrom $102
Humlegardsgatan 23, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $153
Ekgardsvagen 2, Stockholm | 3 star hotelfrom $111
St Eriksgatan 115, Stockholm | 3 star hotelfrom $112
- Nice hotel, great breakfast/service
- Elite is the chain...not this hotel!
- Not Elite... But a very good Hotel.
Södermalm, Stockholm | 5 star hotelfrom $165
- Wonderful view and great location
- Great location, Great Hotel
Nybrogatan 53, Stockholm | 3 star hotelfrom $162
- Great hotel, great city
- Romantic atmosphere in the heart of Stocholm
- Loved the mornington hotel
Omonia Square, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $130
- Nice stay, good package
- Great little hotel
- Get a suite
Kungenskurva - Oxholmsgrand 2, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $124
Wallingatan 15, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $136
Norrmalm, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $200
- Value for money garanteed
- Found the light disappointing.
- Excellent Location but.... not what we expected!
Katarinavagen 26, Stockholm | 3 star hotelfrom $118
Karlavagen 43, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $147