Colonial Inn Resort Motel
Travel Blogs from Miami Beach
I had left my options open for key west, just incase it was a fun town. But it proved not to be, so I was ready to move north. The sun is what initially woke me. Blasting through the thin curtains and into my face. Not to mention the constant tossing and turning of the guy in the bunk above. I had pretty much slept I'm my clothes so it was a simple case of rolling out of bed, and putting on my shirt and thongs. I checked out and jumped in the car. I ...
... it was hard to tell in the air conditioning. So we went downstairs to get a quick breakfast and go outside to test the temperature. I wasn't sure whether to wear shorts. But as soon as we stepped outside it was warm and very humid, so I knew my jeans were coming off. We tried to go out on the beach to eat our breakfast, but it cost money to sit in a chair. So we went back to a poolside bar and asked if we could sit there. The place was deserted, so they let us.
Then we ...
Just a short blog from Miami as we weren’t here that long. And we didn’t like it that much!
We got here on Thursday, after collecting a car in Orlando. This was a bit of a hassle, as when we picked up the car, the guy told us he didn’t have any sat navs! I looked at Olly in disbelief and said “well, renting a car is pointless then, as we have no idea how to get to Miami”! After helpfully (!) calling ...
... talk about, and this is a trip that we know we cannot think about in solely rational terms or as an intellectual game. We have to think about this with our hearts and as a country full of people with their own stories that they want to have told. We also talked about how hard it will be to tell those stories in America and to Americans who don’t have the experiences that we will have had by the end of this trip. The words we ...
... lunch and took a look at a few souvenir shops. It was time to return the bikes so we did that and headed back to the hotel. After a few hours relaxing, it was time to hit the beach so we walked 10 minutes down to the water and went in for a dip. The water was warm, but conditions were choppy and there was a strong undertow so it paid to be careful. Still it was a lot of fun, although most people on the beach were just there to sun tan.
TripAdvisor Reviews Colonial Inn Resort Motel Miami Beach
Other places to stay in Miami Beach
Miami Beach, Miami Beach | 3 star hotelfrom $120
- Had a great stay
- Better than expected
- Probably would not stay here again
West Avenue, Miami Beach | 4 star hotelfrom $198
Oceanfront, Miami Beach | 4 star hotelfrom $215
South Beach, Miami Beach | 5 star hotelfrom $378
Miami Beach, Miami Beach | 3 star hotelfrom $153
- Great hotel
- We had a FAB time staying at the RIU
- Wouldn't stay at RIU in Florida or other areas they are located.
Miami Beach, Miami Beach | 3 star hotelfrom $168
South Beach, Miami Beach | 1 star hotelfrom $83
- Better than I expected
- Haunted - Creepy - Nothing worked and no parking
- GREAT location, acceptable room
South Beach, Miami Beach | 5 star hotelfrom $221
Oceanfront, Miami Beach | 4 star hotelfrom $93
City Center, Miami Beach | 4 star hotelfrom $218
- Some of the rudest employees I have ever met
- Great style
- Just Returned from the Shore Club
Oceanfront, Miami Beach | 3 star hotelfrom $216
- An Island Resort in the City
- Wonderful stay at the Palm's
- Great atmosphere, Great staff
Miami Beach, Miami Beach | 3 star hotelfrom $180
- Hotel was reasonable but the overall service was disappointing!
- Very nice hotel
- Assistant Manager horrible
North Shores, Miami Beach | 3 star hotelfrom $69
- Would Stay here Again
- Everything was terrible
- Will not stay there again
South Beach, Miami Beach | 4 star hotelfrom $316
- Fantastic experience!
- Great Trip...Will visit again
- Beautiful hotel, uneven rooms
Downtown, Miami Beach | 1 star hotelfrom $90
- Bare Basics
- A Hairy Experience
- This is a Wrost-class hotel
Miami Beach, Miami Beach | 3 star hotelfrom $180
- Not Your Average Courtyard
- Great Stay at the Courtyard Marriott Oceanfont
- Room with a view
South Beach, Miami Beach | 4 star hotelfrom $249
- Pitiful pool, great location though
- Very Nice!
- Expensive hotel, terrible service
South Beach, Miami Beach | 3 star hotelfrom $211
- Great Location, Good Price, But small rooms
- Great Hotel
- Highly recommended!
Oceanfront, Miami Beach | 2 star hotelfrom $128
- Loved this hotel
- Not bad at all
- Wirklich nicht schlecht
City Center, Miami Beach | 2 star hotelfrom $80
- If you're thinking of staying here... don't!
- Budget hotel on the beach.
- Awful Hotel
City Center, Miami Beach | 4 star hotelfrom $191
- Wonderful service for medium size meeting
- Miami Beach vacation
- National, what a dissappointment.
Miami Beach, Miami Beach | 2 star hotelfrom $108
- Outside Construction
- Moderate oceanfront propery in a good location
South Beach, Miami Beach | 3 star hotelfrom $144
- The Park Central exceeded my expectations!
- The BEST place to stay on South Beach!
- Great Place but beware....
South Beach, Miami Beach | 1 star hotelfrom $85
- Great for the price
- Good location, Basic Room and Rude Unhelpful Staff
- Nice stay
Miami Beach, Miami Beach | Hotelfrom $50
Miami Beach, Miami Beach | 4 star hotelfrom $220
- Foolishly gave it a 2nd chance
- What a dump- Not worth it
- This is no 4-star hotel!