Colonial Inn Resort Motel
Travel Blogs from Miami Beach
... to clear & the sun started shining. People poured onto the streets & beaches. It's amazing how your perception of a place can change when the sun is shining & there's activity. We spent the rest of our time in South Beach people watching, strolling, window shopping & shopping. I brought a new pair of denim shorts that Sam picked out, he's not a bad shopping companion. We had lunch at the ...
... Airlines arena and we have tickets. First we need to get to Miami, without spending $80-$100 on a taxi. In order to get there we had to firstly check out of the Sunrise inn after breakfast by 11am and get a taxi to the closest Tri-rail station which was Cypress Creek station about 10 mins drive away. The Tri-rail is a cheap train that runs through south Florida, we arrived in time to catch the 11.30 train, we purchased 2 one way tickets for $5 each. The train ride ...
... and bridges we arrived in Miami city where we saw the Arsht Theatre, the old and new Federal Court buildings, and the original county court house for Miami which, at 28 stories was the original Miami skyscraper. The top 9 floors of this building were originally an escape proof prison. Unfortunately, not escape proof enough - 72 prisoners managed to do so during its years as a prison. Arriving at Bayfront we changed to the City loop big red bus ...
... on Hacienda Tranquila's property so we had fresh milk and cheese (until a stray dog broke in an ate all the milk). We also made delicious pizza using a brick oven made by previous volunteers. As for our work, we have been kept pretty busy, working six hours in the hot sun each day. On Wednesday we carried small boulders up and down a steep hill for material to make turtle homes, and milked the cows afterwards. Thursday morning we ...
... us to the lovely, security rampant, very industrial, chemically enhanced "Port of Miami" ..... we managed to get to Miami South Beach (SOBE) eventually
Well we made it, the trip has started!!! I have never ridden a bike of this size and although I did not let onto Glen I was a bit concerned that I may drop it as in my mind I figured that it was going to handle like a truck! How wrong I was, ...
TripAdvisor Reviews Colonial Inn Resort Motel Miami Beach
Other places to stay in Miami Beach
Miami Beach, Miami Beach | 3 star hotelfrom $120
- Had a great stay
- Better than expected
- Probably would not stay here again
West Avenue, Miami Beach | 4 star hotelfrom $198
Oceanfront, Miami Beach | 4 star hotelfrom $215
South Beach, Miami Beach | 5 star hotelfrom $378
Miami Beach, Miami Beach | 3 star hotelfrom $153
- Great hotel
- We had a FAB time staying at the RIU
- Wouldn't stay at RIU in Florida or other areas they are located.
Miami Beach, Miami Beach | 3 star hotelfrom $168
South Beach, Miami Beach | 1 star hotelfrom $83
- Better than I expected
- Haunted - Creepy - Nothing worked and no parking
- GREAT location, acceptable room
South Beach, Miami Beach | 5 star hotelfrom $221
Oceanfront, Miami Beach | 4 star hotelfrom $93
City Center, Miami Beach | 4 star hotelfrom $218
- Some of the rudest employees I have ever met
- Great style
- Just Returned from the Shore Club
Oceanfront, Miami Beach | 3 star hotelfrom $216
- An Island Resort in the City
- Wonderful stay at the Palm's
- Great atmosphere, Great staff
Miami Beach, Miami Beach | 3 star hotelfrom $180
- Hotel was reasonable but the overall service was disappointing!
- Very nice hotel
- Assistant Manager horrible
North Shores, Miami Beach | 3 star hotelfrom $69
- Would Stay here Again
- Everything was terrible
- Will not stay there again
South Beach, Miami Beach | 4 star hotelfrom $316
- Fantastic experience!
- Great Trip...Will visit again
- Beautiful hotel, uneven rooms
Downtown, Miami Beach | 1 star hotelfrom $90
- Bare Basics
- A Hairy Experience
- This is a Wrost-class hotel
Miami Beach, Miami Beach | 3 star hotelfrom $180
- Not Your Average Courtyard
- Great Stay at the Courtyard Marriott Oceanfont
- Room with a view
South Beach, Miami Beach | 4 star hotelfrom $249
- Pitiful pool, great location though
- Very Nice!
- Expensive hotel, terrible service
South Beach, Miami Beach | 3 star hotelfrom $211
- Great Location, Good Price, But small rooms
- Great Hotel
- Highly recommended!
Oceanfront, Miami Beach | 2 star hotelfrom $128
- Loved this hotel
- Not bad at all
- Wirklich nicht schlecht
City Center, Miami Beach | 2 star hotelfrom $80
- If you're thinking of staying here... don't!
- Budget hotel on the beach.
- Awful Hotel
City Center, Miami Beach | 4 star hotelfrom $191
- Wonderful service for medium size meeting
- Miami Beach vacation
- National, what a dissappointment.
Miami Beach, Miami Beach | 2 star hotelfrom $108
- Outside Construction
- Moderate oceanfront propery in a good location
South Beach, Miami Beach | 3 star hotelfrom $144
- The Park Central exceeded my expectations!
- The BEST place to stay on South Beach!
- Great Place but beware....
South Beach, Miami Beach | 1 star hotelfrom $85
- Great for the price
- Good location, Basic Room and Rude Unhelpful Staff
- Nice stay
Miami Beach, Miami Beach | Hotelfrom $50
Miami Beach, Miami Beach | 4 star hotelfrom $220
- Foolishly gave it a 2nd chance
- What a dump- Not worth it
- This is no 4-star hotel!