Colette'S Family Homes Bed And Breakfast
TripAdvisor Reviews Colette'S Family Homes Bed And Breakfast Amsterdam
Travel Blogs from Amsterdam
Hey, Where's the Grape Juice?
Options for church in Amsterdam this Sunday were non-existent. However, we came prepared. A video sermon by Don Truex and Kaysha's home made communion bread. But we had a problem. We forgot to buy grape juice at the grocery on Saturday. Surely we could just buy some on Sunday while we were out - wrong! There …
... a pre-arranged tour of Jewish Amsterdam and the Anne Frank House. Our guide was Cecilia and the first stop on our tour was at the Gassan Diamond factory. The factory was first established in the 1600s by a Jewish family and remained in the family until the descendants perished in various concentration camps in World War 2. After the war the factory was revived by another Jewish family and is the biggest diamond factory ...
Sunday 16 Aug
First night at Thea's gave us good sleep. Her house was quiet and the temperature was good. So we felt like getting out and about. Thea provided a Dutch breakfast (bread, cheese etc). There was an email from Paula stating that it would be fine to visit Pit so we sorted the route. As we couldn't arrive till 3.30 we had time for a relaxed coffee with Thea then to walk into central Amsterdam (7.5 km).
Thanks to Google we found our ...
... hour and the rain showed no sign of letting up!
Being wet, unfit, a little unwell and facing a 70km day saw Mark starting to fall behind having valiantly tackled the first 20km.
It was decided, despite initial objections from Mark, that Lisa would ride his bike and he'd take her seat on the front of the Pino.
Front seat Pino riding is very different, engendering emotions ranging from vulnerable to ...
... my walk and found flower and seed markets, and many long streets filled with great places to shop. I continued weaving steadily north, and when I found myself passing some very unusual stores, I pulled out my map and found that I had wandered into the Red Light District. It isn’t nearly as seedy in the daytime as you might imagine, but the shops were still like nothing you would see walking around Minneapolis! It was now dinner time, and I used my iPod to ...
Other places to stay in Amsterdam
Centre, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $211
- Stay Away
- Great value and truly very comfortable!
- Club Rooms do the job
Burgwallen-Nieuwe Zijde, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $196
- Seemed fine to me
- Underrated and can be good value
- Stay elsewhere
Museumplein/Vondelpark, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $86
Zeeburg, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $208
- Still has teething problems
- Very Pleasant
- Not a bad choice..
Buitenveldert-Oost, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $139
- A great choice for my family
- Comfortable and clean - no surprises
- Good Hotel
Centre, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $226
- Excellent Hotel, Room, service and Value!
- Stayed 4 times
- Really a 4 star.
Centre, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $247
- Good comfort but boring
- Chain Charming
- Request an Apartment Unit
Amsterdam South, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $119
De Pijp, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $225
- Disappointing hotel - not worth 5 stars
- A Very Nice Stay
- Its much better than portrayed
ZuidOost (Business District), Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $155
- A good Business Hotel
- Great service, clean hotel, reasonably priced
- Friendly service
Apollobuurt, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $212
- All the Hilton Perks
- Peace and Quiet
- Everything we expect from Hilton - and more
Amstel, Amsterdam | 3 star hotelfrom $105
Amstel, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $106
Museumplein/Vondelpark, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $268
- Especially liked the health club!
- Great rate, nice hotel, good location
- The most comfortable bed ever.
Centre, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $167
- Our first hotel stay in Amsterdam, it was brilliant!
- Nice hotel but...
- Excellent Location
Sloten en Riekerpolder, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $107
- Not Enough focus on the customers needs
- Nice hotel
- Pleasant room, but all the problems of a new hotel
Centre, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $236
- Beautiful, Wonderful Amrath
- Schönes, wundervolles Amrath
- What an experience!
Canal Belt/Rembrandtplein, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $333
- They treated me like a relative
- Perfect Location - aweful service!
Centre, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $235
- We would stay again without a doubt
- Nothing special
- Great Hotel in Good Location!
Canal Belt/Rembrandtplein, Amsterdam | 3 star hotelfrom $172
- Above Average European Hotel
- Not what we expected
- OK, but some problem at the check in time
Canal Belt/Rembrandtplein, Amsterdam | 3 star hotelfrom $154
- Overrated and Overpriced
- Loved the Eden Hotel
- Ordinary and overpriced
Distelkade 21, (formerly Golden Tulip City North), Amsterdam | Hotelfrom $100
Westlandgracht, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $120
Centre, Amsterdam | 3 star hotelfrom $176
- Would stay again
- A great stay!
- Great Hotel, Great People, Great City
Museumplein/Vondelpark, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $177
- Great Hotel, Great People, Great City therefore Great Time!
- LOVED IT!!!
- Great hotel
Apollolaan 2, (formerly Le Meridien Apollo), Amsterdam | Hotelfrom $220
- Basement Dungeon to Junior Suite
- Good average hotel
- Nice room, mediocre restaurant