Clarion Inn Near Baylor University
No prices found through our partners. Please contact the business directly or check some of our recommended alternatives.
TripAdvisor Reviews Hotel Terminus Caracas
Travel Blogs from Waco
... 2 litres of water I had refrigerated overnight. I cannot stress enough the importance of staying hydrated. In 100+ degree heat I stop every 30 minutes to guzzle water. My T-Shirt is literally soaking wet by the end of the day so I know I am losing fluid as fast as I put it in.
So, up and packed and on the road by 1100 I follow a diagonal hwy who's number escapes me until I hit Interstate 20. As much as I hate the Interstate (any of them) ...
It was time for my first official trip as an active full-time RVer!
There were a number of *hiccups* in my meticulously planned travel day:
- In Huntsville, all traffic was detoured because of a community leader's funeral.
- I hit more pot holes than I could count.
- There were so many more 18-wheelers & bikers on the road for a Sunday than I expected.
- It took me ...
- Visited my first Texas college today
- Baylor University is such a wonderful school
- The college was founded in 1841
- The campus is absolutely beautiful
- Their mascot is the bears and their school colors remind me of the University of Oregon's
- I can't wait to visit another Texas school! ...
... The girls all fell asleep and Tad and I enjoyed the quiet drive. We checked into the Waco Hilton, right across the street from Baylor, dropped our stuff in the room and hit the restaurant. In the lobby area, a big group of parents and boys in baseball caps were watching a replay of a Little league playoff game. The food was great and we were back in the room and in bed by 11:30, 9:30 our time. Good night's sleep and Austin ...
- Stayed in Waco, Texas for a night
- the next morning on my way to my grandparents house I visited the Texas Ranger Hall of Fame and Museum
- also checked out the Dr Pepper Museum
- paid a visit to the American Indian Cultural Center as well
- spent $103.06 on gas getting to Waco