Churchill Suites Midtown East
Travel Blogs from New York City
... and other buildings - an historically important area. In a budget -type coffee shop we had a coffee each, before walking to 6th Avenue to find a bus [ it is also called ' Avenue of the Americas']
The avenue was congested with dozens of police cars and police men blocking the bus stops.
I asked a policeman what was going on and he said that they were all meeting there for some terrorist exercise. OK, so we moved on down the avenue and found an unimpeded ...
... 160; Done very well, too, with sections of track still in place with trees and shrubs growing through. Very busy, though, and warm for a walk. What was a little surprising though was the construction of very expensive apartments built to be overlooked by the high line. I wouldn't want to live like that. We walked from 14th to 34th Streets then crossed over to the Empire State Building. I had previously ...
Well what can I say about this incredible city, its buildings that reach to the sky! We have gone from stiff necks from looking at majestic mountains to looking at majestic buildings.
As they say this is the city that never sleeps ! Loads of shops still open at 11:30 pm. And the noise is something else cars tooting, ambulances, police cars and fire engines sirens and lights going very frequently it all becomes a familiar sound - police, police dogs ...
... back on the subway and across to Grand Central Station, so that we could pick up our Hop-on/Hop-off bus tickets that we had pre-purchased. Then, we went on a little walk in search of the building used for the outside shot in the TV show 'Friends.' We managed to find it with little difficulty (yay us), took the necessary photos, and were able to cross another thing of our to-do list.
We found dinner in a little diner back ...
... back to the subway and made our way to the East Village. At Union Square station we ran into more of our fellow Witnesses. This couple was local and they were participating in metropolitan witnessing. We happy to stop and say hello and get a photo with them.
Why were we headed to the East Village? About a month ago the chef Rachel Ray mentioned her favorite New York pizza place on her show. So we had to try it out since we would be in the area. ...
Other places to stay in New York City
Midtown East, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $218
- Great value and great hotel!
- Good Location, Average Hotel
- Fabulous hotel!
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $220
- Great Value, Nice Room
- Loved it!
- Nice hotel, but ...
Garment District, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $213
- Hated it!!!
- Native NY'er says "These rooms are perfect for the price!"
- Good choice
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $211
- Great Ambiance
- Hudson Horrors
- Won't Be Back
Theater District - Times Square, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $274
- Review of ny sheraton
- Typical sheraton...nice place
- Very Nice Establishment!
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $237
- Small room
- Cool Hotel
- Not up to the usual W standards
Theater District - Times Square, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $294
- You call this a modern hotel?
- Always stay at the W Times Square!
- The most happening place in the city- Great Location
Upper East Side, New York City | 5 star hotelfrom $418
- Looooove the Pierre
- If your looking for an 'escort', this seemed the place to be..
- Not up to Four Seasons Standards
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $256
- Loved the New York Marriott East Side
- Good stay at the Marriott
- Had and enjoyable stay
Midtown, New York City | 2 star hotelfrom $209
- Nonsense-- Have Stayed Here 4 Time, Just Fine
- Know what you're getting
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $289
- Great Value, Great Location
- Great Location, great hotel
- Great Location
Upper West Side, New York City | 2 star hotelfrom $159
- Not so nice.
- Great F*kin holiday!
- Quality Hotel on Broadway Needs to Reflect Name
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $270
- Great stay!!!
- First class hotel in the heart of Manhattan
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $256
- Loved Shula's!
- Great for convention, subpar for Westin
- Excellent in every way!
Midtown Center, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $336
- The only way to see New York
- Revisiting a New York treasure
- Fit for a king... but you had to be one!
Tudor City, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $211
- Comfortable, small, quiet
- Good, but no cigar
- A tranquil oasis in the city that new sleeps !
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $198
- Excellent Room and hotel
- Loved the Sheraton Manhattan
- I loved NY
Theater District - Times Square, New York City | 2 star hotelfrom $199
- Worth the money
- Pleasantly suprised
- Great Stay
Koreatown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $278
- Wonderful experience at the Holiday Inn Martinique
- Nothing wrong with this hotel
- Loved new york, but not The Martinique
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $265
- This Hotel Is A 4Star Disappointment!
- I expect more for my money
- Would not reccomend it to anyone
Upper West Side, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $231
- Great hotel for lower Central Park West
- Nice Look but lacking atmosphere
Clinton, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $219
- Really good!
- Good location but...
- Clean, comfortable, good location
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $194
- Very good value!
- Just tolerable
- Why so negative?
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $261
- Absolutely Fabulous
- Just okay
- One of my favorites!
Midtown, New York City | 5 star hotelfrom $340
- Good upgrade from the Rhiga
- Only OK
- Above and beyond
Midtown, New York City | 1 star hotelfrom $150
- Dont Say here!
- Stay away from this hotel!!!
- Horrible? No!