Check rates and availability for this hotel
Find the best prices for Hotel Chiqui from our 5 partners. Show all partners
Travel Blogs from Santander
- Rushed out of the flat after midterms with Roxy, Callie and Casey to make it to the train station to get to out flight on time
· Left from Stanstead Airport on the Stansted Express in London and headed for Santander, Spain!!
· The airport was SO crowded, and we were so worried about not being able to make our plane, which ended …
- It was this night that Callie introduces all to a drink the Spaniards call Vodka Negro con Limon, something Jordan and I still rave about to this day. It is a vodka made by Eristoff, and is a sweet liquor that tastes like blue raspberry, and your mix it with a sparkling Lemonade like Fanta. I have warned anyone who drinks this, THEY ARE DEADLY. …
We've put 2 bits of video on this page - one is from last week. We took some shakey footage from Dave's bike of a lovely ride from Rhossili to Brechfa. It's taken us a few days to edit it to a short taster of how great Britain's B roads are on a bike.
Anyway our regular video camera doesn't like the vibes from the bike so we bought a cheap …
On to Santander, last stop before the ferry back to England. This is a seaside town of great elegance, and it would be a pity not to stop here either on the way to a holiday or on the return trip. We had booked the Hotel Chiqui and were very happy with our choice. Located at the end of the stylish promenade and looking directly over Sardinero beach …
... a shop in Santillana and buy something from everywhere. Also, samurai swords.
Nothing says Spain like a Samurai sword.
I also saw my 2nd Spanish wedding in Cantabria. I liked the wedding in San Vicente better, but they had a few things in common.
1. No limos-both weddings used the same type of old car.
2. Women wore fascinators. I wonder when this trend is going to catch on in the USA. I guess if the royal wedding didn't do it, nothing will.