Travel Blogs from Amsterdam
Cold and cloudy today, and forecast for rain, so we decided to spend the day indoors at museums today. Unfortunately, we weren't the only ones with the same idea and, as a result, both museums were very crowded. Both the Rijksmuseum (Rijks, for short) and Van Gogh Museum are located in the Museumplein, a park-like square bordered by the two museums, a third art museum called Stedelijk, and the Concertgebouw (classical music hall). Museumplein is only about a 10 ...
Care: We woke up bright and early today and got yummy breakfast at our hotel. The croissants and the quark (which is like peach yogurt) are to die for. Then we started on our museum experience. We got a little lost on the way but we finally made it to the Rijk museum. This museum was closed for ten years for renovations, but just now reopened. It was amazing. Vermeer, Rembrant, Mondriaan, Monet, Van Gogh and more were here. My favorites ...
... apple. i also ordered some profitejes which is Paulines favourite and Dior loves them too. We then checked into the hotel we were staying at the Avenue Hotel. Pretty cool bedding configuration forthr kids, they were staying in a loft style above our bed. first night Milan was too scared to stay up there so we swapped, Richy got the straw and slept up there with Dior. Today we had a 24hour canal pass, Amsterdam is made up of all canals so we got to ...
... it was located around the corner from the local farmers' market that opened everyday except Sunday. It was a treat to wander down each morning to get fresh breads and baked goods, cheese, fruits and veggies, and there was even a stall that sold delicious hummus, baba ganoush and other dips.
We also decided that we didn't want to drive in the city but preferred to get around like the locals, and rented sturdy orange bicycles for each ...
... throw them, by including questions about Formula 1 racing, NBA and NHL; while they based their questions around musical theatre, fashion and celebrities. Ultimately, we ended in a tie. Everyone had fun though, and the competitive edge in all of us subsided over pints.
The final stop of our tour was Amsterdam, and it was definitely what a lot of people were looking forward to most on the trip. The sad reality was that it meant our trip was close to ending, so ...
TripAdvisor Reviews Centrum Hotel Amsterdam
Other places to stay in Amsterdam
Centre, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $196
- Stay Away
- Great value and truly very comfortable!
- Club Rooms do the job
Burgwallen-Nieuwe Zijde, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $185
- Seemed fine to me
- Underrated and can be good value
- Stay elsewhere
Museumplein/Vondelpark, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $85
Zeeburg, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $150
- Still has teething problems
- Very Pleasant
- Not a bad choice..
Buitenveldert-Oost, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $134
- A great choice for my family
- Comfortable and clean - no surprises
- Good Hotel
Centre, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $199
- Excellent Hotel, Room, service and Value!
- Stayed 4 times
- Really a 4 star.
Centre, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $209
- Good comfort but boring
- Chain Charming
- Request an Apartment Unit
Amsterdam South, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $100
De Pijp, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $239
- Disappointing hotel - not worth 5 stars
- A Very Nice Stay
- Its much better than portrayed
ZuidOost (Business District), Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $140
- A good Business Hotel
- Great service, clean hotel, reasonably priced
- Friendly service
Apollobuurt, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $192
- All the Hilton Perks
- Peace and Quiet
- Everything we expect from Hilton - and more
Amstel, Amsterdam | 3 star hotelfrom $106
Amstel, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $96
Museumplein/Vondelpark, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $232
- Especially liked the health club!
- Great rate, nice hotel, good location
- The most comfortable bed ever.
Centre, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $159
- Our first hotel stay in Amsterdam, it was brilliant!
- Nice hotel but...
- Excellent Location
Sloten en Riekerpolder, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $102
- Not Enough focus on the customers needs
- Nice hotel
- Pleasant room, but all the problems of a new hotel
Centre, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $237
- Beautiful, Wonderful Amrath
- Schönes, wundervolles Amrath
- What an experience!
Canal Belt/Rembrandtplein, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $347
- They treated me like a relative
- Perfect Location - aweful service!
Centre, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $210
- We would stay again without a doubt
- Nothing special
- Great Hotel in Good Location!
Canal Belt/Rembrandtplein, Amsterdam | 3 star hotelfrom $140
- Above Average European Hotel
- Not what we expected
- OK, but some problem at the check in time
Canal Belt/Rembrandtplein, Amsterdam | 3 star hotelfrom $117
- Overrated and Overpriced
- Loved the Eden Hotel
- Ordinary and overpriced
Distelkade 21, (formerly Golden Tulip City North), Amsterdam | Hotelfrom $100
Westlandgracht, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $114
Centre, Amsterdam | 3 star hotelfrom $143
- Would stay again
- A great stay!
- Great Hotel, Great People, Great City
Museumplein/Vondelpark, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $154
- Great Hotel, Great People, Great City therefore Great Time!
- LOVED IT!!!
- Great hotel
Apollolaan 2, (formerly Le Meridien Apollo), Amsterdam | Hotelfrom $220
- Basement Dungeon to Junior Suite
- Good average hotel
- Nice room, mediocre restaurant