Casa de Assumar
Travelers also recommend:
TripAdvisor Reviews Casa de Assumar Portalegre
Travel Blogs from Portalegre
... we paid 2.60 E to get in. We went
to see the cistern first. It is 30 feet high and and 150 feet long. It was
about half full and had a little boat in it. The echo was fun. The castle
needed a large cistern to be able to have a 6 months supply of water in case of
a long siege. The castle is in good repair. We spent about an hour climbing up
towers to look at the amazing views.
After visiting the castle, we acrossed ...
... of the village Marvao
but we really didn’t know what to expect.
We made to dinner at 9:00 and had a fabulous meal with
outstanding service. The porter is also the bartender and our server for
dinner, but there is only one other couple dinning so we have all the attention
we might expect. (The stated restaurant occupancy is 72 guests). We can see all
the way to Spain as we are almost at elevation 3000 ft.
... enough to make one scream, which I did, of course. Even Dave, who usually stays calm and focused, bit his nails on this ride. Then one wrong turn made us have to go down and around the mountain on all the one way streets and try again. Miraculously, we scored an impossible to find vacant parking spot in the historic center. We were ready to take any spot. When we put the museum address in the smartphone, we were thrilled ...
... a breakfast served on board, we arrived in the Azores. It was rainy and overcast when we got there. We were first in line at the airline ticket counter and got our tickets for the next morning on to Porto. At this point, the rest of the plane was in line at the airline counter, looking for new tickets and hotel reservations.
We were the first ones from our plane to the hotel because we took a taxi and everyone else took ...
Half way through the second week at the vineyard and we have had enough. We sent off our designs for menus and got an email back saying they loved what we had sent and would get back to us after the weekend. We have been sat looking for an email for two days now and have heard nothing. We have decided we want to go home for at least a week before the job, if we get it, but we are struggling to find a place to stay. If we don't get the job then we will move back to England get ...