Casa Vacanze Castel Sant'Angelo
Travel Blogs from Rome
Ancient Rome's huge ampitheatre, holding up to 55,000 people, was built by Emperor Vespasian in AD 80 and was the scene of many deadly gladiatorial and wild animal fights. Apparently the morning's entertainment comprised jungle scenes with roaming wild animals. plus unarmed slaves whose fate was pretty ...
... the rain stopped and a massive double rainbow appeared above the Colosseum! It was really cool and we got some great photos! We went home to rest for a bit and then walked to That's Amore for dinner. We were greeted like we were family and we had a lovely meal there. The gave us free drinks and gave us a great send off from Rome. We walked to the Colosseum to get some photos of it by night and then went home to pack. We are so sad to be leaving beautiful ...
... ruins - I can only imagine what the buildings looked like complete.
My room wasn't quite ready so I went for a quick walk around the neighbourhood before hitting the showers and meeting up with Joao. We walked over to Piazza Navona to have a look at the fountains and then I had my first Roman meal. I will definitely be making time time to eat while I am here, Jenny Craig be damned (for the next 3 days anyway).
... the building and churches of that time, the very stone that Julius Ceaser was cremated on after his murder led by Brutus. It's quite fascinating to see these buildings and big arches that were built to honour people and to think that they were buried over time under tonnes of mud, eventually having a whole new city built on top of them. How the 2 cities now stand together, proudly displaying so much history is wonderful and i could have spent days here exploring but alas my time ...
... vendors selling jewellery and linens and their conversion rate was better than the official one, and they were prepared to bargain. I was particularly fascinated with the local "crocheted silver", which I bought for a Mothers Day gift, and also bought some costume jewellery with red coral for myself. One of our goals this trip is to discover local wines. We spotted the D 'Vino Wine Bar up one of those narrow alleys, and ordered, ...
TripAdvisor Reviews Casa Vacanze Castel Sant'Angelo Rome
Other places to stay in Rome
Viale Castello Della Magliana 65, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $112
- Good deal if you don't mind the location
- Spacious, convenient, affordable way to start/end trips
- Good ending to our Italy trip
Vatican City, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $116
- Central to all the major sites in Rome
- Hot, Noisy, You Can Do Better
- Nice but noisy
EUR, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $98
- Enjoy your stay, don't make a fuss about the distance !
- Good hotel, very friendly staff
- Depends on your priorities -- I liked the hotel a lot
Monte Mario, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $264
- Treated like royalty
- The Cavalieri Hilton is Outstanding
Historic Center, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $305
- Top Notch Hotel
- Westin Excelsior March 2004
- Fantastic Empire stile hotel
Historic Center, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $146
- A great hotel for a city break
- If you want to be next door to the station...
- Not really a 4* hotel
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $110
- Bad impression
- Thank you Trip Advisor! Spot on!
- Good hotel, questionable location!
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $139
- $$ = what you get
- Near city with a pool
- Acceptable but not great
Ciampino Airport, Rome | 2 star hotelfrom $84
Vatican City, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $182
- Visconit Palace - Excellent Value
- Good location & Reasonably priced
- Good hotel
Via Colonnello Tommaso Masala 54, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $125
- Very Nice Hotel Outside Center of Rome
- Really outside town
- Disorganised expense
Ardeatino, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $99
Castro Pretorio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $165
- Great service!
- Rome Is Calling Me Back
- What a Load of Rubbish
Historic Center, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $309
- EXCELLENT IN EVERY WAY
- Loved it
Appio Claudio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $71
Via Prenestina, 944, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $72
- A good stopping point - on your way to city centre
- One miserable experience after the other
- Not recommended
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $76
- Do not go
- This hotel is hell on Earth
- Great for tour group
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $82
- Great Hotel! Loved it!
- Great hotel
- Great hotel
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $132
- Very good hotel in a quiet place!
- Nice, but too far from major attractions
- The Villa in the Pines
EUR, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $88
- Great hotel but not for tourists
- Una mala ubicación, un buen hotel
- Un hotel muy bueno
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $100
- Great Value
- A great hotel in great grounds
- Simply Fabulous!
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $78
- Refurbished Rooms
- Come on! It wasn't that bad.
- Not a **** hotel!!!!
Historic Center, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $170
- Perfect location
- Very Central
- Great location
Historic Center, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $88
- Poor time at the Porta!
- Loved our stay here
- Very noisy hotel
Suburbio Aurelio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $68
- Generally good
- NOt very central to the sights
EUR, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $82