Casa Vacanze Castel Sant'Angelo
No prices found through our partners. Please contact the business directly or check some of our recommended alternatives.
TripAdvisor Reviews Casa Vacanze Castel Sant'Angelo Rome
Travel Blogs from Rome
... 25 mins and we were off for welcome dinner. Walked up the road had an introduction to Rome Traffic! crikey.
Dinner - 4 course
1. Tomato & procetta on bread
2. Pasta with mushroom sauce
3. Flat pasta & sauce.
4. Veal, potatoes & salad
5. Ice cream
Might need to walk heaps to get rid of the extra food. Only kiwi' s on the trip, mixed group, couple of family groups
Last yummy breakfast buffet at our hotel on the ocean - we will miss this place - definitely could have stayed longer. Took our bus to the town of Montecassino, whose Abbey is the mother church of the Benedectine order. A german stronghold during World War II, the hilltop abbey was destroyed by Allied bombing then rebuilt as a replica of the original. Beautiful looking down at the town below, and amazing new(relatively), ...
... a line by 6:30AM. One thing I have really noticed is the Italians (maybe Europeans in general) do not stand in single file lines. It is every man/woman for themselves and if you are passive, you are pushed back. It didn't matter though because our line happened to be the first gate they opened to the Vatican! People literally, RAN in. It was so exciting, we couldn't help but run too. We got seats about ten rows back from the Pope's chair! We ...
... between Biblical instructions (about idols and images) versus what is promoted and encouraged from here.
We eventually reached the objective, and were seriously awe struck by what we saw. The ability of 2D painting to look so 3D, from that long ago, is truly staggering. Arches and column headers are there, but they're not. Curtains surround the Chapel, but they don't. All are there from brilliant brushwork. The only annoyance was sharing it with ...
... s entry by informing you all that tonight we are going to our favourite Italian restaurant just down the street from the hotel where we have been twice already (we all know Michael is a creature of habit!) where I will be having lasagne and Michael the gnocchi alla bolognese - his new favourite.
Hopefully I will be invited back as a guest author, so until then - ciao!
Other places to stay in Rome
Viale Castello Della Magliana 65, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $112
- Good deal if you don't mind the location
- Spacious, convenient, affordable way to start/end trips
- Good ending to our Italy trip
Vatican City, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $116
- Central to all the major sites in Rome
- Hot, Noisy, You Can Do Better
- Nice but noisy
EUR, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $98
- Enjoy your stay, don't make a fuss about the distance !
- Good hotel, very friendly staff
- Depends on your priorities -- I liked the hotel a lot
Monte Mario, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $264
- Treated like royalty
- The Cavalieri Hilton is Outstanding
Historic Center, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $305
- Top Notch Hotel
- Westin Excelsior March 2004
- Fantastic Empire stile hotel
Historic Center, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $146
- A great hotel for a city break
- If you want to be next door to the station...
- Not really a 4* hotel
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $110
- Bad impression
- Thank you Trip Advisor! Spot on!
- Good hotel, questionable location!
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $139
- $$ = what you get
- Near city with a pool
- Acceptable but not great
Ciampino Airport, Rome | 2 star hotelfrom $84
Vatican City, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $182
- Visconit Palace - Excellent Value
- Good location & Reasonably priced
- Good hotel
Via Colonnello Tommaso Masala 54, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $125
- Very Nice Hotel Outside Center of Rome
- Really outside town
- Disorganised expense
Ardeatino, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $99
Historic Center, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $309
- EXCELLENT IN EVERY WAY
- Loved it
Via Principe Amedeo 3, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $189
- Great service!
- Rome Is Calling Me Back
- What a Load of Rubbish
Appio Claudio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $71
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $76
- Do not go
- This hotel is hell on Earth
- Great for tour group
Via Prenestina, 944, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $72
- A good stopping point - on your way to city centre
- One miserable experience after the other
- Not recommended
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $82
- Great Hotel! Loved it!
- Great hotel
- Great hotel
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $132
- Very good hotel in a quiet place!
- Nice, but too far from major attractions
- The Villa in the Pines
EUR, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $88
- Great hotel but not for tourists
- Una mala ubicación, un buen hotel
- Un hotel muy bueno
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $78
- Refurbished Rooms
- Come on! It wasn't that bad.
- Not a **** hotel!!!!
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $100
- Great Value
- A great hotel in great grounds
- Simply Fabulous!
Historic Center, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $170
- Perfect location
- Very Central
- Great location
Historic Center, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $88
- Poor time at the Porta!
- Loved our stay here
- Very noisy hotel
Suburbio Aurelio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $68
- Generally good
- NOt very central to the sights
EUR, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $82