Casa Vacanze Castel Sant'Angelo
Travel Blogs from Rome
... I was well fed and then some. The room was filled with hard wood and gold finishes. It was and neither warm nor cold but so perfectly controlled that you would never think about it unless jerked to do so. We were traveling thousands of miles just because we wanted to. The speaker was right. Billions of people want seats like this. There is nothing I have done or not done that justifies me having this seat...I just ...
... sing my part in Suor today, and I love my character - I get to be the kind of rebellious, sassy nun. ;) Both shows are still going really well. I also had my first voice lesson with Dr. Elizabeth Graham! We worked on breathing and vowel placement, and by the end of the lesson I felt really good about what we had worked on. Also, Amber (who is playing Suor Angelica) was ...
... aware we had been awake for 32 hours and desperately needed sleep, Nora had managed to get to sleep on the plane and was NOT tired. Not even a little bit. She finally went to sleep at 4am Rome time.
Lack of sleep not withstanding, we visited the colosseum.
Rome is a city of constant motion, sirens and tourists. We know this is low season but it is still tourist season in Rome. Everywhere we go we encounter other visitors ...
... and saw one of my favorite sculptures of all time, Bernini's Ecstasy of Saint Teresa of Avila. Bernini was commissioned for this sculpture because he was rumored to show the best emotion on sculptures out of all the Italian sculptors. The sculpture shows an episode of religious ecstasy from St. Teresa's autobiography. I also went to Quirinal Hill, and saw Sant'Andrea al Quirinale and Palazzo Quirinale, which is the official residence of Italy's president. ...
... Their dining room was clean, comfortable and the food was always fresh and tasty.
As students we studied Rome as part of ancient history. However, after two prior short visits and this nine day stay I would conclude that the beginning of the modern era began in Rome. Their artistic architecture of their buildings, mastery of roads, inventive water aqueducts, systems of laws and government, coinage, furnishings for the home, ...
TripAdvisor Reviews Casa Vacanze Castel Sant'Angelo Rome
Other places to stay in Rome
Viale Castello Della Magliana 65, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $93
- Good deal if you don't mind the location
- Spacious, convenient, affordable way to start/end trips
- Good ending to our Italy trip
Vatican City, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $149
- Central to all the major sites in Rome
- Hot, Noisy, You Can Do Better
- Nice but noisy
EUR, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $106
- Enjoy your stay, don't make a fuss about the distance !
- Good hotel, very friendly staff
- Depends on your priorities -- I liked the hotel a lot
Monte Mario, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $465
- Treated like royalty
- The Cavalieri Hilton is Outstanding
Historic Center, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $340
- Top Notch Hotel
- Westin Excelsior March 2004
- Fantastic Empire stile hotel
Historic Center, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $174
- A great hotel for a city break
- If you want to be next door to the station...
- Not really a 4* hotel
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $101
- Bad impression
- Thank you Trip Advisor! Spot on!
- Good hotel, questionable location!
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $140
- $$ = what you get
- Near city with a pool
- Acceptable but not great
Ciampino Airport, Rome | 2 star hotelfrom $92
Vatican City, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $150
- Visconit Palace - Excellent Value
- Good location & Reasonably priced
- Good hotel
Via Colonnello Tommaso Masala 54, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $132
- Very Nice Hotel Outside Center of Rome
- Really outside town
- Disorganised expense
Ardeatino, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $210
Castro Pretorio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $96
- Great service!
- Rome Is Calling Me Back
- What a Load of Rubbish
Historic Center, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $305
- EXCELLENT IN EVERY WAY
- Loved it
Appio Claudio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $62
Via Prenestina, 944, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $72
- A good stopping point - on your way to city centre
- One miserable experience after the other
- Not recommended
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $67
- Do not go
- This hotel is hell on Earth
- Great for tour group
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $70
- Great Hotel! Loved it!
- Great hotel
- Great hotel
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $115
- Very good hotel in a quiet place!
- Nice, but too far from major attractions
- The Villa in the Pines
EUR, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $80
- Great hotel but not for tourists
- Una mala ubicación, un buen hotel
- Un hotel muy bueno
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $159
- Refurbished Rooms
- Come on! It wasn't that bad.
- Not a **** hotel!!!!
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $92
- Great Value
- A great hotel in great grounds
- Simply Fabulous!
Historic Center, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $124
- Perfect location
- Very Central
- Great location
Historic Center, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $66
- Poor time at the Porta!
- Loved our stay here
- Very noisy hotel
Suburbio Aurelio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $85
- Generally good
- NOt very central to the sights
EUR, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $71