No prices found through our partners. Please contact the business directly or check some of our recommended alternatives.
TripAdvisor Reviews Casa Stefazio Rome
Travel Blogs from Rome
... now and turn it over to Karen for her take on the day.
Fit Bit: 13,614 steps which is 5.86 miles, we're slowing down.... ;-)
The butcher shop we went to this morning was fascinating. It was like stepping back in time several hundred years. They had uncovered cured meats hanging all over the ceiling and walls--legs of pork(?) with a hard, greenish surface ready to be carved on (ack!!), every variation of sausage imaginable ...
Rick Steves in his guide book to Rome mentions two main dangers for tourists: one is being robbed and the other is being run over. We have tried to avoid both! We separate our valuables and have nothing in our pockets and I stash notes in places you don't want to know about! We also watch each other's backs and stay alert on railway stations and crowded transport. Peter likes to remind me of the incident in Madrid a few years ago when I hit a gypsy I ...
Bought tickets to enter Trajan's Market and museum today and wandered for about 3 hours in the amazingly intact old Roman shopping district. There are many fragments of the statues and columns that adorned the entry and niches but the most wonderful part was that there were few visitors to interupt our revery. Inspired, we walked past the Constitutional Court where paparazzi ...
... 476 AD, Rome was first under the control of Odoacer and then became part of the Ostrogothic Kingdom before returning to East Roman control after the Gothic War, which devastated the city. Its population declined from more than ...
Sleeping well for the first time in a while, we had breakfast at the hotel and worked out what we were going to do. As it was the first Sunday in the month, museums were free! We bought our travel pass for the week (€24 each) and then took the train to see the Leonardo Da Vinci exhibit. Amazing stuff. Engineer. Artist. Pathologist. Inventor.
Needing some energy, we stopped at a cafeteria and found that a macchiato is ...
Other places to stay in Rome
Viale Castello Della Magliana 65, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $112
- Good deal if you don't mind the location
- Spacious, convenient, affordable way to start/end trips
- Good ending to our Italy trip
Vatican City, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $116
- Central to all the major sites in Rome
- Hot, Noisy, You Can Do Better
- Nice but noisy
EUR, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $98
- Enjoy your stay, don't make a fuss about the distance !
- Good hotel, very friendly staff
- Depends on your priorities -- I liked the hotel a lot
Monte Mario, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $264
- Treated like royalty
- The Cavalieri Hilton is Outstanding
125, Via Vittorio Veneto, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $153
- Top Notch Hotel
- Westin Excelsior March 2004
- Fantastic Empire stile hotel
Historic Center, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $146
- A great hotel for a city break
- If you want to be next door to the station...
- Not really a 4* hotel
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $110
- Bad impression
- Thank you Trip Advisor! Spot on!
- Good hotel, questionable location!
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $139
- $$ = what you get
- Near city with a pool
- Acceptable but not great
Ciampino Airport, Rome | 2 star hotelfrom $84
Vatican City, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $182
- Visconit Palace - Excellent Value
- Good location & Reasonably priced
- Good hotel
Via Colonnello Tommaso Masala 54, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $125
- Very Nice Hotel Outside Center of Rome
- Really outside town
- Disorganised expense
Ardeatino, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $99
Sannomiya Station, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $69
Castro Pretorio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $165
- Great service!
- Rome Is Calling Me Back
- What a Load of Rubbish
Appio Claudio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $71
Via di Torre Rossa 94, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $352
- Do not go
- This hotel is hell on Earth
- Great for tour group
Via Prenestina, 944, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $72
- A good stopping point - on your way to city centre
- One miserable experience after the other
- Not recommended
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $82
- Great Hotel! Loved it!
- Great hotel
- Great hotel
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $132
- Very good hotel in a quiet place!
- Nice, but too far from major attractions
- The Villa in the Pines
EUR, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $88
- Great hotel but not for tourists
- Una mala ubicación, un buen hotel
- Un hotel muy bueno
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $78
- Refurbished Rooms
- Come on! It wasn't that bad.
- Not a **** hotel!!!!
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $100
- Great Value
- A great hotel in great grounds
- Simply Fabulous!
Historic Center, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $170
- Perfect location
- Very Central
- Great location
Via Aurelia Km 8,400, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $146
- Generally good
- NOt very central to the sights
EUR, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $82