TripAdvisor Reviews Casa Stefazio Rome
Travel Blogs from Rome
... chairs and tables are set up in front of their Ristorante's ready for dinner. All the waiters are males, and stand out front enticing interested people in for a meal. If you stop to look at the menu board, they try to entice you in. So it is a great atmosphere by evening, still warm, no wind and doesn't get dark until 8.30pm..
We try a new restaurant every night, and last night we dined at a place where we choose our fish for them to cook. It was ...
... in more detail in a few days time. We stopped in a huge service centre for an early lunch at 12:00 (to dodge the traditional Italian lunch time of 1:00) I had a huge piece of pepperoni pizza Checking into our hotel at just on 3:00 we had an hour to unwind before heading out on walking tour of the Eternal City. Our local guide Paulo showed us the sights of Rome. He described what roman life may have been ...
... before we had to meet back up with our group. I am so glad we had that experience. We shared an important part of their culture and saw ornate military uniforms. We went out as a group to the Spanish Steps, Trevi Fountain, Piazzo Navona with the Fountain of Four Rivers, and were able to see the front of the Parthenon. It is hard to believe I'm seeing all of these things first hand. I have read about these places and seen pictures all my life, ...
... or thousands in the line to enter the Vatican Museum. We were rather staggered at this, and this feeling was set for the morning. True Rome returned when we entered, as we had to show our cards in exchange for entry tickets. Planning would mean this would be done at the office we'd come from, but we seem to be in the city or land of (apologies to those with Roman blood) can't be bothered and don't really care. With no direction the crowd formed a circular mob around ...
... Despite the sometimes dismal weather, we have seen and done everything I wanted to in our 5 days here: from the Colosseum, Forum and Palatine Hill to Hadrian's Mausoleum to Ostia Antica. The former and latter take joint first place as our favourite attractions. I think Michael may have got ever so slightly bored of my "historical knowledge" that I was happy to share, but if you can't use ...
Other places to stay in Rome
Viale Castello Della Magliana 65, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $112
- Good deal if you don't mind the location
- Spacious, convenient, affordable way to start/end trips
- Good ending to our Italy trip
Vatican City, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $116
- Central to all the major sites in Rome
- Hot, Noisy, You Can Do Better
- Nice but noisy
EUR, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $98
- Enjoy your stay, don't make a fuss about the distance !
- Good hotel, very friendly staff
- Depends on your priorities -- I liked the hotel a lot
Monte Mario, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $264
- Treated like royalty
- The Cavalieri Hilton is Outstanding
Historic Center, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $305
- Top Notch Hotel
- Westin Excelsior March 2004
- Fantastic Empire stile hotel
Historic Center, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $146
- A great hotel for a city break
- If you want to be next door to the station...
- Not really a 4* hotel
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $110
- Bad impression
- Thank you Trip Advisor! Spot on!
- Good hotel, questionable location!
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $139
- $$ = what you get
- Near city with a pool
- Acceptable but not great
Ciampino Airport, Rome | 2 star hotelfrom $84
Vatican City, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $182
- Visconit Palace - Excellent Value
- Good location & Reasonably priced
- Good hotel
Via Colonnello Tommaso Masala 54, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $125
- Very Nice Hotel Outside Center of Rome
- Really outside town
- Disorganised expense
Ardeatino, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $99
Historic Center, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $309
- EXCELLENT IN EVERY WAY
- Loved it
Via Principe Amedeo 3, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $189
- Great service!
- Rome Is Calling Me Back
- What a Load of Rubbish
Appio Claudio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $71
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $76
- Do not go
- This hotel is hell on Earth
- Great for tour group
Via Prenestina, 944, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $72
- A good stopping point - on your way to city centre
- One miserable experience after the other
- Not recommended
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $82
- Great Hotel! Loved it!
- Great hotel
- Great hotel
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $132
- Very good hotel in a quiet place!
- Nice, but too far from major attractions
- The Villa in the Pines
EUR, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $88
- Great hotel but not for tourists
- Una mala ubicación, un buen hotel
- Un hotel muy bueno
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $78
- Refurbished Rooms
- Come on! It wasn't that bad.
- Not a **** hotel!!!!
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $100
- Great Value
- A great hotel in great grounds
- Simply Fabulous!
Historic Center, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $170
- Perfect location
- Very Central
- Great location
Historic Center, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $88
- Poor time at the Porta!
- Loved our stay here
- Very noisy hotel
Suburbio Aurelio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $68
- Generally good
- NOt very central to the sights
EUR, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $82