TripAdvisor Reviews Casa Cara Amsterdam
Travel Blogs from Amsterdam
... in your hands. Next, we headed over to the Jordaan district to get some food. According to the boat cruise the Hordaan used to be where all the "Smith" workers resided, but now it is hipster central. On our way we stopped at the cheese museum. I'd hardly call it a museum. More like a store with samples and a few fun facts. We grabbed a drink at a local bar and then had pizza at a woodfired pizza place. Really good ...
... a standard for every city we stop at. They are very well done and give a great overview on the history of the city while allowing you to get your bearings straight so that you know where you are going later on in the day. We weaved our way through Amsterdam taking in the sights and smells of what Amsterdam had to offer. We learnt about the red light district and how it came to be, as well as the "coffee shops" which offer a special kind of latte ...
... time in years! Took a little to get used to it, but we were soon speeding off in the bike path. ( by the way the bikes are insane here, they have right of way, they knock pedestrians all the time, they have right of way over cars too, and they speed like crazy and abuse the **** out of people who get it there way) It certainly was a little dodgy in places riding a bike with all the crazy Dutch riding as usual, plus you don't have helmets either...so that felt a ...
NEMO is a really fun and interesting museum with heaps of things to do. There were 4 floors so we just did a quick run of the first floor as it was more for younger kids. Though there were a few interesting things about genetics. On the second floor we spent much longer looking at things about gravity and space. We also built our own machine that moves up ...
... like the shops, huge range of trendy places, also found this beautiful shopping centre, which was incredibly old, didn't really look at the shops apart from the cheese shop, but enjoyed the building. The cheeses are absolutely incredible, amazing variety! We had an open sandwich for lunch at one of the many little cafes, and then decided to explore the Palace. The Royal Palace Amsterdam (Koninklijk) which is one of 3 Palaces used by the Dutch ...
Other places to stay in Amsterdam
Centre, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $211
- Stay Away
- Great value and truly very comfortable!
- Club Rooms do the job
Burgwallen-Nieuwe Zijde, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $196
- Seemed fine to me
- Underrated and can be good value
- Stay elsewhere
Museumplein/Vondelpark, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $86
Zeeburg, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $208
- Still has teething problems
- Very Pleasant
- Not a bad choice..
Buitenveldert-Oost, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $139
- A great choice for my family
- Comfortable and clean - no surprises
- Good Hotel
Centre, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $226
- Excellent Hotel, Room, service and Value!
- Stayed 4 times
- Really a 4 star.
Centre, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $247
- Good comfort but boring
- Chain Charming
- Request an Apartment Unit
Amsterdam South, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $119
De Pijp, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $225
- Disappointing hotel - not worth 5 stars
- A Very Nice Stay
- Its much better than portrayed
ZuidOost (Business District), Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $155
- A good Business Hotel
- Great service, clean hotel, reasonably priced
- Friendly service
Apollobuurt, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $212
- All the Hilton Perks
- Peace and Quiet
- Everything we expect from Hilton - and more
Amstel, Amsterdam | 3 star hotelfrom $105
Amstel, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $106
Museumplein/Vondelpark, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $268
- Especially liked the health club!
- Great rate, nice hotel, good location
- The most comfortable bed ever.
Centre, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $167
- Our first hotel stay in Amsterdam, it was brilliant!
- Nice hotel but...
- Excellent Location
Sloten en Riekerpolder, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $107
- Not Enough focus on the customers needs
- Nice hotel
- Pleasant room, but all the problems of a new hotel
Centre, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $236
- Beautiful, Wonderful Amrath
- Schönes, wundervolles Amrath
- What an experience!
Canal Belt/Rembrandtplein, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $333
- They treated me like a relative
- Perfect Location - aweful service!
Centre, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $235
- We would stay again without a doubt
- Nothing special
- Great Hotel in Good Location!
Canal Belt/Rembrandtplein, Amsterdam | 3 star hotelfrom $172
- Above Average European Hotel
- Not what we expected
- OK, but some problem at the check in time
Canal Belt/Rembrandtplein, Amsterdam | 3 star hotelfrom $154
- Overrated and Overpriced
- Loved the Eden Hotel
- Ordinary and overpriced
Distelkade 21, (formerly Golden Tulip City North), Amsterdam | Hotelfrom $100
Westlandgracht, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $120
Centre, Amsterdam | 3 star hotelfrom $176
- Would stay again
- A great stay!
- Great Hotel, Great People, Great City
Museumplein/Vondelpark, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $177
- Great Hotel, Great People, Great City therefore Great Time!
- LOVED IT!!!
- Great hotel
Apollolaan 2, (formerly Le Meridien Apollo), Amsterdam | Hotelfrom $220
- Basement Dungeon to Junior Suite
- Good average hotel
- Nice room, mediocre restaurant