No availability found through our partners. Please contact the business directly or check some of our recommended alternatives.
How has this hotel rated in the past?
Historical Traveler Reviews Casa Angelina Praiano
Couldn't ask for more
all i can say is wow! i went there with high expectations and they somehow managed to exceed them. casa angelina is the perfect hotel for couples. the rooms are super clean and modern, all with amazing balconies and sea views which are truly breath taking. the staff was consistently helpful and pleasant. they really go out of their way to accomadate you and make you feel welcome. i really can't think of anything bad to say about casa angelina. i definitely recommend this hotel to anyone looking to stay on the amalfi coast. it's away from all the comotion of positano, so you can actually enjoy the quiet beauty of the region and relax.
Service, attention to detail and welcome second to none!!
My husband and I have just returned from a 2 week stay at Casa Angelina. I had always wanted to visit this area of Italy and it certainly lived up to my expectations. From the first sight of Sergio the hotel's driver at the airport we began to relax. He made our journey to the hotel part of the holiday, pointing out various locations and stopping for us to see the beautiful views on the way. It almost took my mind off the heart stopping cliff edges rather too close to the car.
We arrived at the hotel and were instantly offered a cooling drink and given a very warm welcome.
Our room was just as the brochure showed, very contemporary, (everything is white) and with a wonderful view of Positano and the Amalfi coastline.
All the staff are very helpful, and I felt that they were constantly looking for ways to make the stay as memorable as possible.
I unfortunately had an accident and injured my ankle and the hotel went out of their way to help - arranging taxi to the local hospital and liaising with the insurance company. I could not have have asked for anything more.
I cannot rate this hotel highly enough - if you had a category higher than excellent that would be ticked!!
One word to the hotel - please tell other guests to wear their slippers which are provided. The tiles on the floors do carry the noise.
Beautiful spot and warm, attentive service
This hotel has the best view on the Amalfi Coast. Ask for one of the rooms facing the sea, and the first thing you see every morning - literally, from your bed - is a pinkish blue sky with Positano and Capri in the background. The all-white decor of the rooms highlights this incredible view perfectly.
The staff was very attentive and gracious. One tip - the hotel provides a taxi to Ravello for 80 Euro, but we were able to get our own in town for 45 Euro. In fairness, though, the hotel also provided information about an even cheaper alternative, which was to take the bus for about 5 Euro. The hotel also provides a daily free shuttle to Positano.
The food and service at the restaurant was excellent, if a little bit slow at times. Also yummy are La Brace, a restaurant on the street above the hotel. The restaurant by the beach is not as good, but it's right on the water and the staff is very friendly and speaks good English.
All in all, this was one of my favorite vacation spots ever. Compared to Positano and Capri, which seem like congested outdoor malls, Praiano is an oasis of calm.
Many of the staff are pleasant, the hotel is stylish etc however, we travelled with a 1 year old child and though the management claim to "love babies" they have little understanding of the needs of parents with children. Some of our problems are outlined below:
- zero flexibility. Trying to feed a small child here is a painful experence. Supposedley 5 stars but it took numerous requests for just a small bowl of pasta and the result was as bad as offal. Pasta cooked al dente and a pot noodle quality result for 11 euros.
- Seeking millk. Having made numerous request at reception and the bar we finally received an offer of milk 5 euros for 1/2 a litre! With zero local amenities, once again unhelpful for parents - this hotel needs to understand better the needs of parents before claiming to be a family-orientated/childfriendly hotel.
- waiting staff. My wife and child waited for several minutes for service at breakfast and had to drag a baby chair over to the table whilst staff whistled-by.
- not the hotel's fault but whingeing guests who are shocked by the presence of a child in a so-called child friendly hotel is unhelpful. The fact that we were targeted for a major whinge by a whiny English lady on the balcony exacerabted matters.
What you are less likely to experience in this hotel I would presume would be a business conference for toy manafacturers and resellers. However, we have and sadly they happen to be the clients of the owner/boss - all the staff were aware of this and ergo pander to the needs of the free-rolling suits, FIRST - fyi hotel management, it'sdisconcerting to travel 2000 miles to a remote spot to be confronted by glad-handing suits, especially when one is in swimming costumes!
For a 5 star hotel, the service is mixed - 'some' of it is first class. Reception is slightly moody which I would expect in a 2 star, not here.
Otherwise, the restaurant is distinctly average though the maitre d' is charming and world class.
Beautiful contemporary hotel in idyllic setting
Great airport transfer - arranged by hotel - stops for "real" Italian coffee and views
Excellent reception and check-in
Appropriate orientation tour on way to room
Fantastic rooms - hotels own site dont do them justice
Amazing views from all rooms and public areas
Decor and artwork dramatic
All staff friendly and well trained
Outdoor and spa pools great
Restaurant truly fantastic - great menu, matched by staff and food - the welcome champagne at table before ordering sets the tone for the evening - so good that we didnt eat out of hotel
A totally relaxing experience to lie in the sun listening to the church bells and locals - never intrusive
Overall a true 5 star experience that can be 100% recomended
Great Hotel and Staff - Location may or may not be ideal
We stayed at Casa Angelina for 3 nights last week and we loved the hotel. When I return to the Amalfi coast I most likely will not stay in Praiano (I will explain that later in the review) but if I do come back to Praiano, I would definitely stay at the hotel.
Here are the highlights of the hotel:
- Absolutely beautiful lobby (and other public areas) and room. The quality of the furniture and fixtures was exceptional. As you can see from my pictures and also the hotel's website, the hotel is decorated in white with the only color being some wonderful whimsical glass statues in the public area and flowers in the room.
- The service from the front desk was top-notch. Also, when I offered a tip to one of the workers for carrying our HEAVY bags to the car when we checked out, he kindly refused to take it - this is a good sign since no one else was around to witness him taking it and we were leaving so we would not be able to tell anyone. I don't know if this was the hotel's policy or his but I took it as a good sign. It was the first time I attempted to tip anyone because they were so efficient about getting our bags to our room that I didn't have the chance to tip upon arrival.
- The view from our balcony was exceptional. We woke up to a wonderful view of the sun shining on Positano ( about 8km or 5 miles away, I think) - and in the evening we had great sunsets.
- The breakfast was excellent with a lot of choice which was a good thing because there wasn't a place to have breakfast nearby as there are in other larger towns along the coast. Breakfast was served in the restaurant - great view and very nicely furnished. We did not have dinner there, nor did we check out a menu.
- The hotel had free parking but we were there on the off season and it didn't appear to me that there were enough spaces to accommodate cars during a busier time of the year - I would check w/ the hotel first if that is a concern. Also, the driveway/parking lot is very steep and sometimes requires some tricky negotiating.
- We were there during late March so hanging out on the beach was not a concern for us; however, the beach is fairly far away from the hotel (down many steps after taking a cool elevator ride down through the cliff). If you are going to relax and hang out in the sun, don't expect to be right on a sandy beach.
- The hotel is in a very quiet area of the coast. There are not a lot of places to walk to as there would be in other towns along the coast. Also, the hotel is nestled amongst residences, so you may here some sounds from the surrounding houses. One afternoon we heard some loud children playing and we heard roosters crowing in the morning. This did not bother me at all and I think it is much better than traffic noise (which there is none).
Now that I have established how much I loved the hotel, let me say a few things about Praiano:
-It does not have a lot of businesses. There are few places to eat and as far as I could tell, no place to get fresh pastries. There is a nice local bar with a sunny front porch for morning espresso and afternoon drinks/snacks.
- There is no real town center. There are businesses along the main road.
- It is quiet but you need to drive or take the bus to get anywhere. There was no Ferry when we were there but there is one during the summer. Driving can be very frustrating because of the traffic. I loved the winding roads but some may find them a little scary if they are used to only driving on straight, flat roads.
- Walking straight up the hill out of town you find a path that will take you to Positano - it was a beautiful hike taking quiet a few hours. Just going hiking to Positano is pretty much an all day event (and a worthwhile one). Get directions before attempting this though. There are maps available but we did it without one. There are areas where the trail becomes hard to find but if you follow the red arrows, you should be fine. Also go on a day that is predicted to be sunny - I wouldn't want to be up there if the fog were to roll in.
We Absolutely Loved It
My husband and I spent a night at this hotel last week and absolutely loved it. This is the only hip hotel in the area. The hotel is even nicer that it looks on the photos. This is a design hotel where no expenses have been spared. The furnishings are very design and of a high quality. It is also filled with fantastic colourful glass scultures which contracts very nicely with the white furnishings. The white design gives the hotel a real atmosphere of serenity and works really well with the blue of the sea.
The rooms are great and bigger than they looked. Philippe Starck furniture. Also, all of them have a balcony and a sea view. Our standard room had an amazing view on Positano. We spent the evening on the balcony enjoying our glass wine and the amazing views. The attention to details is amazing. The starry ceilings of the glass lifts create an amazing atmosphere.
Same principle used in the indoor spa. The staff was very attentive. We arrived late in the evening. The Spa was closed but as we asked if it were still open, they opened it for us. This was a really nice gesture and we really appreciated it.
Best position/best view on this coastline. Way nicer than Sorrento. Great modern furnishings and peaceful atmosphere. An absolute gem. We will most definitely be back, and this time we will stay longer.
Thank you Mr Owner for creating such a nice, arty, serene space. And Thank You Staff for being so attentive. And the name is right, this is not a hotel, it is a lifestyle!
Amazing Casa Angelina!
We recently spent a week at this wonderful boutique hotel situated in the heart of the Amalfi Coast.
We pre booked a transfer and were collected from the airport by Sergio who was very friendly and helpful, pointing out places of interest and allowing us take in the views along the Amalfi coast. On arrival we were welcomed with a bottle of Champagne and given a tour of the Hotel and it's facilities.
The décor at Casa Angelina is modern and almost completely white adding an air of tranquillity and providing a perfect backdrop to the amazing collection of Sosa Bravo sculptures. Our room was bright and airy with modern furnishings, a flat screen TV and a terrace with a breathtaking view of the coastline.
The Hotel has it's own restaurant on the top floor which served an inclusive breakfast each morning before transforming into "Un Piano nel Cielo" for the evening. The staff were charming and the food was excellent - we would recommend it to non-residents too as it was a much better dining experience than the other restaurants in Praiano.
Praiano is very quiet and the hotel is situated just below the village itself, a short but steep walk from both the Amalfi Coast road and a small rocky beach from which you can take a taxi boat to nearby Positano. If you are still feeling energetic, the hotel also has a small fitness centre complete with resistance swimming pool, gym and sauna.
Overall, Casa Angelina was excellent. A peaceful hideaway, perfect for exploring the Amalfi Coast - book now before it becomes too popular!
What a wonderful place. From meeting the driver, Sergio, at the airport everything just fell into place. He was really friendly and helpful, and stopped on the way to the hotel to show us views of the coast. On arrival we were given a tour of the hotel and arrived at the room to find a "gift" of a chilling bottle of champagne waiting for us.
The hotel is very stylish, with huge windows and an amazing view along the coast to Positano. You can take a boat from the beach here to positano, it takes about 15 minutes and costs 5 EURO each.
The restaurant was also incredible, the food was exceptional and you could sit out on the balcony watching the sunset.
I would thoroughly recommend this hotel to anyone.
A remarkable small luxury hotel
For those of you looking to get away from the mayhem and madness of urban life, Casa Angelina is the perfect place. Located in Piraino, a small village between Positano and Amalfi, Casa Angelina is a wonderful luxury boutique hotel. The views are stunning, the staff are very friendly and it has a warm charm often missing from big hotels. Just try it...you won't be sorry.
TripAdvisor Reviews Casa Angelina Praiano
Travel Blogs from Praiano
We left the cold London behind and headed to Praiano for our honeymoon. The hotel was fantastic and the area was magnificent! We really loved the colours of Positano, the views of Ravello and the peace of Praiano...
We ate loads, drank lots of wine and limoncello... and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves...
We will definitely go here again...
... Siena (financial capital), and the Chianti region. We all enjoyed the day even though long. The castaways again had some wine tasting of local wines at lunch time. The girls found a lovely leather shop - and did some shopping ����� ;����ᦙ 3;����.
Our Last night in Florence we had ...
... so narrow and then bends so tight that on every corner the bus has to toot to ensure we are not going to have a head on collision... most people get the rules of these roads but not the foreign tourists that have hired a flash little convertible or scooter... there were some very close calls and while it meant for a slow hot journey it was a beautiful one! I arrived in Amalfi and have to change buses, Amalfi was packed to the rim I was quite ...
... a shop that had ceramics that I saw the day before and Steve didn't mind going there so of course we got into the bad traffic again. Two buses going through a tunnel (they are everywhere) at the same time makes for dramatic driving LOL.
We really didn't mind driving in Italy - they are crazy at times (especially the scooters) but they really are quite relaxed - they toot the horns but usually just to let ...
... a huge serving of pasta with tuna, chilli, tomato and olives I watch the lighting of the candles and the fire dancing show. It is indeed spectacular, so I'm pleased that I did get to view this, as it only has a few nights left.
Patricia (who manages Casa Privata) and I have planned to awake early tomorrow, 4.45, and walk the Sentiero degli dei (Path of the Gods). So I set alarm and mentally prepare myself for the zillions of steps!!