Camping Lido Di Ostia
Travel Blogs from Rome
... comparing renaissance to baroque architecture (well it sounds good!!), then headed to Piazza navarona. Amazing decadence in buildings. 'private' chapels with multiple masterpieces - these guys knew how to spend other peoples money! Pantheon, Trevino Fountain, then finished at Spanish Steps (with a wedding thrown in for free!). We need to retrace our steps in the daytime, but it was a good intro to ...
... to put my hand in the mouth of truth (ooooh spooky). The Cyrpt was pretty stinky, it was cool seeing some stuff and if the legends are true than the Bunnie will win the premiership.
We made it to the Cinema after the walk from the mouth of truth, this cinema was a little pricier for what you got in comparission to the place in Holland. Just the class of this place, made it all worth it and ...
... my game! Tracey and I decided not to tell Chris of that little mistake of mine!! We stood in awe and wonder at the size of the stadium . We think that it was probably nearly as big as Etihad stadium. Supposedly in its time it could fit anywhere from 40,000 to 70,000 people! It was incredible that nearly 2000 years ago that they had the no how and ability to create such a huge building. It was used for entertainment! The entertainment being that they would release animals in the ...
... figured out, "moms" perhaps. Well, I woke up in the morning on my day (much too early due to moms snoring...sorry mom) and realized as I looked in the mirror not much had changed...and I had toothpaste on my face. Yes, I was still attempting to eradicate zits which have now followed me into my thirties...another thing I thought would be gone by the time I reached 30. I did notice however the ...
... 8217; in Rome. The Spanish Steps, (widest staircase in Europe built in the 1720’s) was fun, but kind of silly. What do you do with a staircase? Look at it for a bit, take some photos, ignore the local people selling roses etc, and then head to the Trevi Fountain. Now that was cool. The Trevi Fountain is beautifully architected and something to be seen. The fountain basically pops of out the building behind it. Upon recommendation we ...
Other places to stay in Rome
Viale Castello Della Magliana 65, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $93
- Good deal if you don't mind the location
- Spacious, convenient, affordable way to start/end trips
- Good ending to our Italy trip
Vatican City, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $124
- Central to all the major sites in Rome
- Hot, Noisy, You Can Do Better
- Nice but noisy
EUR, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $106
- Enjoy your stay, don't make a fuss about the distance !
- Good hotel, very friendly staff
- Depends on your priorities -- I liked the hotel a lot
Monte Mario, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $277
- Treated like royalty
- The Cavalieri Hilton is Outstanding
Historic Center, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $327
- Top Notch Hotel
- Westin Excelsior March 2004
- Fantastic Empire stile hotel
Historic Center, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $174
- A great hotel for a city break
- If you want to be next door to the station...
- Not really a 4* hotel
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $101
- Bad impression
- Thank you Trip Advisor! Spot on!
- Good hotel, questionable location!
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $138
- $$ = what you get
- Near city with a pool
- Acceptable but not great
Ciampino Airport, Rome | 2 star hotelfrom $92
Vatican City, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $150
- Visconit Palace - Excellent Value
- Good location & Reasonably priced
- Good hotel
Via Colonnello Tommaso Masala 54, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $132
- Very Nice Hotel Outside Center of Rome
- Really outside town
- Disorganised expense
Ardeatino, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $92
Castro Pretorio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $173
- Great service!
- Rome Is Calling Me Back
- What a Load of Rubbish
Historic Center, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $301
- EXCELLENT IN EVERY WAY
- Loved it
Appio Claudio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $62
Via Prenestina, 944, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $72
- A good stopping point - on your way to city centre
- One miserable experience after the other
- Not recommended
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $67
- Do not go
- This hotel is hell on Earth
- Great for tour group
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $72
- Great Hotel! Loved it!
- Great hotel
- Great hotel
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $115
- Very good hotel in a quiet place!
- Nice, but too far from major attractions
- The Villa in the Pines
EUR, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $79
- Great hotel but not for tourists
- Una mala ubicación, un buen hotel
- Un hotel muy bueno
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $77
- Refurbished Rooms
- Come on! It wasn't that bad.
- Not a **** hotel!!!!
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $92
- Great Value
- A great hotel in great grounds
- Simply Fabulous!
Historic Center, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $162
- Perfect location
- Very Central
- Great location
Historic Center, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $66
- Poor time at the Porta!
- Loved our stay here
- Very noisy hotel
Suburbio Aurelio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $83
- Generally good
- NOt very central to the sights
EUR, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $71