Travel Blogs from Rome
A few images - words later The Collosseum, Roman Forum and Palatine were amazing- the sheer scale of even the ruins of Caesar's palaces, amphitheatres, temples and statues are mind-blowing. The boys loved it all and no complaints until the very end of the day of aching legs and sore feet (and that was mainly me!). We love d the Lonely Planet advice to buy our ticket at the Palatine so sailed past queues when we got to ...
... the shopping therapy till the end. Actually, in the end, less was being purchased than anticipated so there was lots of walking and looking but very little being done for the Italian economy, apart from keen support for the wining and dining sector. These continued to get our full attention and one restaurant [Ristorante Ottimo near the Vatican in Via Cola Di Rienzo] came up trumps for Sunday lunch. Trish had Seafood soup [mussels and clams] ...
... di Papa – The Rocca (Rock) was a fortification built on the ruins of the ancient city of Cabum and was a favourite dwelling place of Pope Eugene III (1145-1152), which is how Rocca di Papa ["Pope's fortress"]got its name. Here, in the most panoramic part of the city, the fortress is the seat of the Geodynamic Observatory, which from 1922 to 1935 witnessed the scientific experiments conducted by the father of radio, Guglielmo Marconi, and which is ...
Day 39 We caught Ryanair flight from Stansted Airport, we had to take a taxi to the bus depot and then an hour and a fifteen by bus to the Airport. It was interesting going through security, we are in this line of travellers that twist and turn like a snake, when they announced that all things that are liquid including lip sticks, lip gloss, hand cream are to be placed in a clear plastic bag no bigger than a small resealable sandwich ...
Italy 2013 Travel Blog
ROMA DAY 1
Following a much needed nap, we quickly put ourselves together and ventured out into this magical city! What a splendid day! I am having so much fun, and by fun I mean watching Keith's mouth open when he witnesses such beautiful monuments and architecture - a few others things too I might add! Him and Billy are experiencing the same feelings as I did when I first visited Roma with my wonderful ...
TripAdvisor Reviews Camilla's Villa Rome
Other places to stay in Rome
Viale Castello Della Magliana 65, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $112
- Good deal if you don't mind the location
- Spacious, convenient, affordable way to start/end trips
- Good ending to our Italy trip
Vatican City, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $116
- Central to all the major sites in Rome
- Hot, Noisy, You Can Do Better
- Nice but noisy
EUR, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $98
- Enjoy your stay, don't make a fuss about the distance !
- Good hotel, very friendly staff
- Depends on your priorities -- I liked the hotel a lot
Monte Mario, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $264
- Treated like royalty
- The Cavalieri Hilton is Outstanding
Historic Center, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $305
- Top Notch Hotel
- Westin Excelsior March 2004
- Fantastic Empire stile hotel
Historic Center, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $146
- A great hotel for a city break
- If you want to be next door to the station...
- Not really a 4* hotel
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $110
- Bad impression
- Thank you Trip Advisor! Spot on!
- Good hotel, questionable location!
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $139
- $$ = what you get
- Near city with a pool
- Acceptable but not great
Ciampino Airport, Rome | 2 star hotelfrom $84
Vatican City, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $182
- Visconit Palace - Excellent Value
- Good location & Reasonably priced
- Good hotel
Via Colonnello Tommaso Masala 54, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $125
- Very Nice Hotel Outside Center of Rome
- Really outside town
- Disorganised expense
Ardeatino, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $99
Historic Center, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $309
- EXCELLENT IN EVERY WAY
- Loved it
Castro Pretorio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $165
- Great service!
- Rome Is Calling Me Back
- What a Load of Rubbish
Appio Claudio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $71
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $76
- Do not go
- This hotel is hell on Earth
- Great for tour group
Via Prenestina, 944, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $72
- A good stopping point - on your way to city centre
- One miserable experience after the other
- Not recommended
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $82
- Great Hotel! Loved it!
- Great hotel
- Great hotel
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $132
- Very good hotel in a quiet place!
- Nice, but too far from major attractions
- The Villa in the Pines
EUR, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $88
- Great hotel but not for tourists
- Una mala ubicación, un buen hotel
- Un hotel muy bueno
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $100
- Great Value
- A great hotel in great grounds
- Simply Fabulous!
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $78
- Refurbished Rooms
- Come on! It wasn't that bad.
- Not a **** hotel!!!!
Historic Center, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $170
- Perfect location
- Very Central
- Great location
Historic Center, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $88
- Poor time at the Porta!
- Loved our stay here
- Very noisy hotel
Suburbio Aurelio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $68
- Generally good
- NOt very central to the sights
EUR, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $82