Oakwood at Longacre House
TripAdvisor Reviews Oakwood at Longacre House New York City
Travel Blogs from New York City
... only 30 metres away. He talked about a few things. He was of sub continent descent, had lost his job in management as the result of the GFC, drives a taxi 12 hours a day and earns 30%25 of the take which for him is about 1600-1700 euro per month. The taxi's all have a single owner, we think he said Government owned. The taxi ride was about half an hour and cost 54 euro. Our check in bags weighed 55kgs. Ang had all her shoes in a carry on bag. ...
... by looking up and even that doesn't help. The lights and screens are everywhere flickering a million adverts, films and celebrity images over and over. Overwhelming is an understatement. And that's just up top. On the ground you have evangelists, man babies wearing nappies and about 90% of the world's population taking selfies of the understandably popular square. And we were amongst it all.
A good taste of what's to come. Stay tuned...
... you because there's no place to stop. When we get into the crown, there were 2 guys whose job it is to sit up there all day and answer questions about the Statue. Apparently the crown wobbles back and fourth about 4 inches, and they only put in a cooling system 3 years ago.
There's not a lot of room up the top, so you don't really get a lot of time to take everything in. What you really want time for though is to catch your ...
... Central Park together. We did that, and it was lovely to see everyone enjoying themselves and the horse carriages trotting along too. We came to a very attractive restaurant/bar area and sat under an umbrella at the table and had a beer (Arnah had sparkling water). It was all very pleasant, with Central Park as our backdrop. We'd met at 4.30pm, and finally parted at 7pm back at the entrance to ...
... everyone had their passports to get over to the Canadian side and the Japanese lady sort of did a scream yell combination, got up and ran up to the front of the bus because she couldn't get back into the US if she left. If she'd let the driver finish she would have learnt that you didn't have to go across the border. What a muppet, but it did make my day.
She continued to have a half worried half shocked face for the entire journey which a few of us ...
Other places to stay in New York City
Midtown East, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $218
- Great value and great hotel!
- Good Location, Average Hotel
- Fabulous hotel!
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $220
- Great Value, Nice Room
- Loved it!
- Nice hotel, but ...
Garment District, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $213
- Hated it!!!
- Native NY'er says "These rooms are perfect for the price!"
- Good choice
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $211
- Great Ambiance
- Hudson Horrors
- Won't Be Back
Theater District - Times Square, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $274
- Review of ny sheraton
- Typical sheraton...nice place
- Very Nice Establishment!
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $237
- Small room
- Cool Hotel
- Not up to the usual W standards
Theater District - Times Square, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $294
- You call this a modern hotel?
- Always stay at the W Times Square!
- The most happening place in the city- Great Location
Upper East Side, New York City | 5 star hotelfrom $418
- Looooove the Pierre
- If your looking for an 'escort', this seemed the place to be..
- Not up to Four Seasons Standards
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $256
- Loved the New York Marriott East Side
- Good stay at the Marriott
- Had and enjoyable stay
Midtown, New York City | 2 star hotelfrom $209
- Nonsense-- Have Stayed Here 4 Time, Just Fine
- Know what you're getting
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $289
- Great Value, Great Location
- Great Location, great hotel
- Great Location
Upper West Side, New York City | 2 star hotelfrom $159
- Not so nice.
- Great F*kin holiday!
- Quality Hotel on Broadway Needs to Reflect Name
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $270
- Great stay!!!
- First class hotel in the heart of Manhattan
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $256
- Loved Shula's!
- Great for convention, subpar for Westin
- Excellent in every way!
Midtown Center, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $336
- The only way to see New York
- Revisiting a New York treasure
- Fit for a king... but you had to be one!
Tudor City, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $211
- Comfortable, small, quiet
- Good, but no cigar
- A tranquil oasis in the city that new sleeps !
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $198
- Excellent Room and hotel
- Loved the Sheraton Manhattan
- I loved NY
Theater District - Times Square, New York City | 2 star hotelfrom $199
- Worth the money
- Pleasantly suprised
- Great Stay
Koreatown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $278
- Wonderful experience at the Holiday Inn Martinique
- Nothing wrong with this hotel
- Loved new york, but not The Martinique
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $265
- This Hotel Is A 4Star Disappointment!
- I expect more for my money
- Would not reccomend it to anyone
Upper West Side, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $231
- Great hotel for lower Central Park West
- Nice Look but lacking atmosphere
Clinton, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $219
- Really good!
- Good location but...
- Clean, comfortable, good location
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $194
- Very good value!
- Just tolerable
- Why so negative?
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $261
- Absolutely Fabulous
- Just okay
- One of my favorites!
Midtown, New York City | 5 star hotelfrom $340
- Good upgrade from the Rhiga
- Only OK
- Above and beyond
Midtown, New York City | 1 star hotelfrom $150
- Dont Say here!
- Stay away from this hotel!!!
- Horrible? No!