Oakwood at Longacre House
Travel Blogs from New York City
The concert starts. The audience is certainly different than the ones elsewhere. Some are dressed if they are at a string quartet concert. Sitting back tonight in the first row of the mezzanine I get a good view for people watching. I get an insight on how ridiculous 50+ year old men can look trying to dance and pump their fists as if it was 1979. It is just as well I am only 49, as I clearly don’t look like that.
The show ...
Today started really well, with a great run in Central Park which just reopened today after Sandy. It was full of frustrated marathon runners who were very upset since the race was cancelled just yesterday by 6:00 pm. After the run, we had a good breakfast at "The Corner", the café just down the road from our apartment. It was a New York style breakfast: plenty of food and a Coffee that can't be compared at any level to the one in Sydney. For lunch we had our first ...
... we buy the conceit. Magic.
We went for dinner to Olea in Brooklyn, which has outstanding tapas--discovered a new one this year: something they call Spanish Pizza. It's a pita bread with Guava spread, Manchego Cheese, and roasted garlic. Out of this world.
I was back in the hotel by 7:30, which gives me time to write these blogs and then grade some papers. I am disinclined to go back to Newark next year.
... Plaza to the Today Show. We made a sign telling about our anniversary celebration. We were able to meet Al Roker and Matt Lauer. Matt Lauer is very thin and not very tall. I think we got on camera when they panned the crowd. We walked to St. Patrick's Cathedral and were able to see the inside. It is beautiful and very ornate. F.A.O. Schwartz was next on our agenda. We saw the big piano they used in the movie Big. the ...
... br> Empire State Building and Rockefeller Centre - awe-inspiring views from the top of Manhattan.
Shopping at Macy's and Century 21 proved that while patient David isn't as good a shopping companion as some of the opposite gender.
A taste of Broadway, we attended the 'Cirque Du Soleil' performing Zarkana. Exceptionally enjoyable in a fantastic theatre called 'Radio City Music Hall'.
We enjoyed very good, ...
TripAdvisor Reviews Oakwood at Longacre House New York City
Other places to stay in New York City
Midtown East, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $139
- Great value and great hotel!
- Good Location, Average Hotel
- Fabulous hotel!
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $230
- Great Value, Nice Room
- Loved it!
- Nice hotel, but ...
Garment District, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $242
- Hated it!!!
- Native NY'er says "These rooms are perfect for the price!"
- Good choice
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $224
- Great Ambiance
- Hudson Horrors
- Won't Be Back
Theater District - Times Square, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $256
- Review of ny sheraton
- Typical sheraton...nice place
- Very Nice Establishment!
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $264
- Small room
- Cool Hotel
- Not up to the usual W standards
Theater District - Times Square, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $335
- You call this a modern hotel?
- Always stay at the W Times Square!
- The most happening place in the city- Great Location
Upper East Side, New York City | 5 star hotelfrom $470
- Looooove the Pierre
- If your looking for an 'escort', this seemed the place to be..
- Not up to Four Seasons Standards
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $297
- Loved the New York Marriott East Side
- Good stay at the Marriott
- Had and enjoyable stay
Midtown, New York City | 2 star hotelfrom $245
- Nonsense-- Have Stayed Here 4 Time, Just Fine
- Know what you're getting
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $291
- Great Value, Great Location
- Great Location, great hotel
- Great Location
Upper West Side, New York City | 2 star hotelfrom $170
- Not so nice.
- Great F*kin holiday!
- Quality Hotel on Broadway Needs to Reflect Name
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $271
- Great stay!!!
- First class hotel in the heart of Manhattan
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $305
- Loved Shula's!
- Great for convention, subpar for Westin
- Excellent in every way!
Midtown Center, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $335
- The only way to see New York
- Revisiting a New York treasure
- Fit for a king... but you had to be one!
Tudor City, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $248
- Comfortable, small, quiet
- Good, but no cigar
- A tranquil oasis in the city that new sleeps !
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $245
- Excellent Room and hotel
- Loved the Sheraton Manhattan
- I loved NY
Theater District - Times Square, New York City | 2 star hotelfrom $217
- Worth the money
- Pleasantly suprised
- Great Stay
Koreatown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $309
- Wonderful experience at the Holiday Inn Martinique
- Nothing wrong with this hotel
- Loved new york, but not The Martinique
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $267
- This Hotel Is A 4Star Disappointment!
- I expect more for my money
- Would not reccomend it to anyone
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $200
- Very good value!
- Just tolerable
- Why so negative?
Clinton, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $116
- Really good!
- Good location but...
- Clean, comfortable, good location
Upper West Side, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $301
- Great hotel for lower Central Park West
- Nice Look but lacking atmosphere
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $264
- Absolutely Fabulous
- Just okay
- One of my favorites!
Midtown, New York City | 5 star hotelfrom $385
- Good upgrade from the Rhiga
- Only OK
- Above and beyond
Midtown, New York City | 1 star hotelfrom $99
- Dont Say here!
- Stay away from this hotel!!!
- Horrible? No!