Oakwood at 777 6th Avenue
No prices found through our partners. Please contact the business directly or check some of our recommended alternatives.
TripAdvisor Reviews Oakwood at 777 6th Avenue New York City
Travel Blogs from New York City
... hour and we decided to forgo food until later = Jakes Dilemma. After feeling suitably rested and watered we decided to explore the local neighborhood of Upper West Side. What a great part of NYC, friendly, not too busy, not touristy but filled with local cafes, restaurants and bars alongside the best coffee in NYC (reportedly).
We had 5 nights before we collected a rental car for the drive to Boston so planning out which of the many things to see ...
... option. The meter is relentlessly ticking over and you are going nowhere! I noticed that in the square outside the Plaza Hotel the 'Zimbabwe brothers' were performing - it seemed a bit tacky in their proximity to such an esteemed hotel.
Seeing the next bus wasn't due for about an hour, we went into the Dave Burke Cafe on the ground floor of Bloomingdales. As we had once before we sat on stools watching life going on outside the windows, while we sipped on our Earl ...
... managed to haul a sleeping toddler, a collapsible stroller, and a diaper bag down the Subway steps and through the entry gate, all by himself. He was basically the epitome of Parenting Bad-ass at that moment.
The next day was a blur of preparation, culminating in a late night drive to JFK for the red-eye to Copenhagen. Nothing much to report, so the next entry will pick up in Denmark, where nothing was rotten.
... both shocked at the destruction, loss and sadness of that day that we got on the subway to go home and were speechless the whole way.
Hotel stop in, to put the go pro away and off we went for a happy hour meal and beers. Lovely little Mexican joint. Beers, 2 tacos each and some amazing guacamole. But why not finish off your night at ...
... was clear for some great photo opportunities.
Lots of great photos of the Manhattan skyline, lady liberty and the two bridges.
After the cruise we spent some time walking around the SoHo shopping district. Mardi found another Sephora (that's 3), plus a Muji store, always fun. After shopping for a few hours we caught the subway back to the hotel and had a light dinner, Mexican again. Yum. A trio of dips. Yum. ...
Other places to stay in New York City
Midtown East, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $218
- Great value and great hotel!
- Good Location, Average Hotel
- Fabulous hotel!
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $220
- Great Value, Nice Room
- Loved it!
- Nice hotel, but ...
Garment District, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $213
- Hated it!!!
- Native NY'er says "These rooms are perfect for the price!"
- Good choice
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $211
- Great Ambiance
- Hudson Horrors
- Won't Be Back
Theater District - Times Square, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $274
- Review of ny sheraton
- Typical sheraton...nice place
- Very Nice Establishment!
Theater District - Times Square, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $294
- You call this a modern hotel?
- Always stay at the W Times Square!
- The most happening place in the city- Great Location
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $237
- Small room
- Cool Hotel
- Not up to the usual W standards
Upper East Side, New York City | 5 star hotelfrom $418
- Looooove the Pierre
- If your looking for an 'escort', this seemed the place to be..
- Not up to Four Seasons Standards
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $256
- Loved the New York Marriott East Side
- Good stay at the Marriott
- Had and enjoyable stay
Midtown, New York City | 2 star hotelfrom $209
- Nonsense-- Have Stayed Here 4 Time, Just Fine
- Know what you're getting
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $289
- Great Value, Great Location
- Great Location, great hotel
- Great Location
Upper West Side, New York City | 2 star hotelfrom $159
- Not so nice.
- Great F*kin holiday!
- Quality Hotel on Broadway Needs to Reflect Name
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $270
- Great stay!!!
- First class hotel in the heart of Manhattan
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $256
- Loved Shula's!
- Great for convention, subpar for Westin
- Excellent in every way!
Midtown Center, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $336
- The only way to see New York
- Revisiting a New York treasure
- Fit for a king... but you had to be one!
Tudor City, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $211
- Comfortable, small, quiet
- Good, but no cigar
- A tranquil oasis in the city that new sleeps !
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $198
- Excellent Room and hotel
- Loved the Sheraton Manhattan
- I loved NY
Theater District - Times Square, New York City | 2 star hotelfrom $199
- Worth the money
- Pleasantly suprised
- Great Stay
Koreatown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $278
- Wonderful experience at the Holiday Inn Martinique
- Nothing wrong with this hotel
- Loved new york, but not The Martinique
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $265
- This Hotel Is A 4Star Disappointment!
- I expect more for my money
- Would not reccomend it to anyone
Upper West Side, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $231
- Great hotel for lower Central Park West
- Nice Look but lacking atmosphere
Clinton, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $219
- Really good!
- Good location but...
- Clean, comfortable, good location
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $194
- Very good value!
- Just tolerable
- Why so negative?
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $261
- Absolutely Fabulous
- Just okay
- One of my favorites!
Midtown, New York City | 5 star hotelfrom $340
- Good upgrade from the Rhiga
- Only OK
- Above and beyond
Clinton, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $293
- Great stay
- Problems with Cleanliness of Rooms
- Nasty, not worth the $$$