Oakwood at 777 6th Avenue
No availability found through our partners. Please contact the business directly or check some of our recommended alternatives.
Travel Blogs from New York City
... has a sore knee and would like to use the seat." The burka clan person scooted the large red suitcase to the left and I sat down. I watch as the bag moved (To see how heavy it was),. I hate to say I was stereotyping, but if you were in my seat, you too would wonder, as you rode the subway to Grand Central Station next to a Burka Clad person, a couple of days after 9/11 if you were about to be vaporized by a big red Samsonite Suitcase.... The ...
... highest building in case the new Freedom Tower gets taken out. The Freedom Tower, not finished yet, is a vulgar glass monstrosity of the type that is quite de rigueur the world over these days. The Twin Towers, which in my pre-Institute days, I saw in their final stages of construction, had nothing going for them either, except height.
There really are two Manhattan skylines. Manhattan was built as a city of skyscrapers, except that the initial skyscrapers, from the beginning ...
... along the Manhattan skyline at sunset was not just the highlight of the day but, in retrospect (because I am slack and catching up on this blog at the end of our trip?!) was one of the absolute highlights of our whole trip. I think the girls were very impressed as they saw the sights of NYC, including the Freedom Tower, Empire State and Chrysler Buildings all lit up, the Brooklyn Bridge and best of all the Statue of Liberty.
I had forgotten ...
... so welcoming that we decided to stay for the rest of her set. Amanda suggested a walk down the High Line so we went directly West a few blocks to join onto it. This was about 9pm so the sun had just gone down. The walk was really relaxing, such a cool idea turning old overground tracks into a kind of linear park - a real must see for anyone visiting the city. We then headed back to the apartment after getting my fifth hot dog of that day. A note about New Yorkers: I was ...
... swayed back and forth reflecting light beams all over the theater. It's a wonder the dancers could do all of their energetic dances without losing balance. Especially since the theater is right in the bow of the boat. It was a fun show to watch.
When we left Bermuda, a smaller Celebrity cruise ship left about an hour before us. As the next day passed, we eventually caught up and passed that vessel. Their smaller size required a slower speed. I can ...
TripAdvisor Reviews Oakwood at 777 6th Avenue New York City
Other places to stay in New York City
Midtown East, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $220
- Great value and great hotel!
- Good Location, Average Hotel
- Fabulous hotel!
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $244
- Great Value, Nice Room
- Loved it!
- Nice hotel, but ...
Garment District, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $225
- Hated it!!!
- Native NY'er says "These rooms are perfect for the price!"
- Good choice
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $218
- Great Ambiance
- Hudson Horrors
- Won't Be Back
Theater District - Times Square, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $307
- Review of ny sheraton
- Typical sheraton...nice place
- Very Nice Establishment!
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $280
- Small room
- Cool Hotel
- Not up to the usual W standards
Theater District - Times Square, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $363
- You call this a modern hotel?
- Always stay at the W Times Square!
- The most happening place in the city- Great Location
Upper East Side, New York City | 5 star hotelfrom $563
- Looooove the Pierre
- If your looking for an 'escort', this seemed the place to be..
- Not up to Four Seasons Standards
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $267
- Loved the New York Marriott East Side
- Good stay at the Marriott
- Had and enjoyable stay
Midtown, New York City | 2 star hotelfrom $242
- Nonsense-- Have Stayed Here 4 Time, Just Fine
- Know what you're getting
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $308
- Great Value, Great Location
- Great Location, great hotel
- Great Location
Upper West Side, New York City | 2 star hotelfrom $144
- Not so nice.
- Great F*kin holiday!
- Quality Hotel on Broadway Needs to Reflect Name
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $274
- Great stay!!!
- First class hotel in the heart of Manhattan
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $316
- Loved Shula's!
- Great for convention, subpar for Westin
- Excellent in every way!
Midtown Center, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $336
- The only way to see New York
- Revisiting a New York treasure
- Fit for a king... but you had to be one!
Tudor City, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $245
- Comfortable, small, quiet
- Good, but no cigar
- A tranquil oasis in the city that new sleeps !
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $203
- Excellent Room and hotel
- Loved the Sheraton Manhattan
- I loved NY
Theater District - Times Square, New York City | 2 star hotelfrom $209
- Worth the money
- Pleasantly suprised
- Great Stay
Koreatown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $248
- Wonderful experience at the Holiday Inn Martinique
- Nothing wrong with this hotel
- Loved new york, but not The Martinique
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $289
- This Hotel Is A 4Star Disappointment!
- I expect more for my money
- Would not reccomend it to anyone
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $225
- Very good value!
- Just tolerable
- Why so negative?
Clinton, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $195
- Really good!
- Good location but...
- Clean, comfortable, good location
Upper West Side, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $270
- Great hotel for lower Central Park West
- Nice Look but lacking atmosphere
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $293
- Absolutely Fabulous
- Just okay
- One of my favorites!
Midtown, New York City | 5 star hotelfrom $431
- Good upgrade from the Rhiga
- Only OK
- Above and beyond
Midtown, New York City | 1 star hotelfrom $155
- Dont Say here!
- Stay away from this hotel!!!
- Horrible? No!