Oakwood at 777 6th Avenue
TripAdvisor Reviews Oakwood at 777 6th Avenue New York City
Travel Blogs from New York City
... out the sites then headed over to the Hornblower harbor cruise. After lunch, Cindy and I headed uptown on the subway to catch the Blue loop on the Big Bus tour. After catching the bus at TImes Square, we took about two hours to loop around the uptown portion of Manhattan, including Central Park, Harlem, and Billionaire's Row. By the time we got back to Times Square, it was almost rush hour, so we stopped for a quick slice of pizza, then headed downtown to ...
... Avenue to explore the American Girl store which sells dolls personalised to look like their owner. The 3 story store was incredible - boasting a hair salon for the dolls, a hospital and cafe. It sold matching clothes for girls and their dolls, and was crazy in a whole lot of levels. Alex, predictably loved it and bought a few pieces for her doll at home. Next stop - the diamond district where Ben planned to either buy ...
... a NY chain - where lattes are served in bowls large enough to bathe your feet in. Patty ordered an avocado toast (pictured) and I a breakfast parfait that was delicious. Once having checked our luggage at the hotel, we met my sister Lisa, who subway-ed in from her home in Brooklyn. Gorgeous day yesterday in New York - with the barest hint of the humidity that will roll into town full force sometime in June.
Walking to Central Park, we stopped at a ...
... then went to see the Broadway show, Matilda! The stars were the kids in the show - just amazing, I could definitely recognise Tim Minchins writing :-) Also quite cool to see 'T I M' on the blocks of the set. Subtle but cool. Great show :-) Just loving New York, such a cool city, so much to do, so much history, such great people. Love it. Never want to leave! How have we left it 4 years to return to the ...
... Doves and a beautiful male Cardinal. We crossed the boating lake over an elegant bridge, then made our way to a fountain, popular with Chinese newly weds. Under some arches, past a busking musician playing Bach on a double bass. Stopped to watch a street act, then exited the park at the south east corner, where horse drawn carriages were lined up. Passed a bizarre animal stall with guinea pigs, cockatiels and three cats.
It was such ...
Other places to stay in New York City
Midtown East, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $218
- Great value and great hotel!
- Good Location, Average Hotel
- Fabulous hotel!
45 East 45th Street at Madison Avenue, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $61
- Great Value, Nice Room
- Loved it!
- Nice hotel, but ...
Garment District, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $213
- Hated it!!!
- Native NY'er says "These rooms are perfect for the price!"
- Good choice
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $211
- Great Ambiance
- Hudson Horrors
- Won't Be Back
Theater District - Times Square, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $274
- Review of ny sheraton
- Typical sheraton...nice place
- Very Nice Establishment!
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $237
- Small room
- Cool Hotel
- Not up to the usual W standards
Theater District - Times Square, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $294
- You call this a modern hotel?
- Always stay at the W Times Square!
- The most happening place in the city- Great Location
Upper East Side, New York City | 5 star hotelfrom $418
- Looooove the Pierre
- If your looking for an 'escort', this seemed the place to be..
- Not up to Four Seasons Standards
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $256
- Loved the New York Marriott East Side
- Good stay at the Marriott
- Had and enjoyable stay
Midtown, New York City | 2 star hotelfrom $209
- Nonsense-- Have Stayed Here 4 Time, Just Fine
- Know what you're getting
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $289
- Great Value, Great Location
- Great Location, great hotel
- Great Location
Upper West Side, New York City | 2 star hotelfrom $159
- Not so nice.
- Great F*kin holiday!
- Quality Hotel on Broadway Needs to Reflect Name
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $270
- Great stay!!!
- First class hotel in the heart of Manhattan
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $256
- Loved Shula's!
- Great for convention, subpar for Westin
- Excellent in every way!
Midtown Center, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $336
- The only way to see New York
- Revisiting a New York treasure
- Fit for a king... but you had to be one!
304 E. 42nd Street, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $23
- Comfortable, small, quiet
- Good, but no cigar
- A tranquil oasis in the city that new sleeps !
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $198
- Excellent Room and hotel
- Loved the Sheraton Manhattan
- I loved NY
Theater District - Times Square, New York City | 2 star hotelfrom $199
- Worth the money
- Pleasantly suprised
- Great Stay
Koreatown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $278
- Wonderful experience at the Holiday Inn Martinique
- Nothing wrong with this hotel
- Loved new york, but not The Martinique
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $265
- This Hotel Is A 4Star Disappointment!
- I expect more for my money
- Would not reccomend it to anyone
Upper West Side, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $231
- Great hotel for lower Central Park West
- Nice Look but lacking atmosphere
Clinton, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $219
- Really good!
- Good location but...
- Clean, comfortable, good location
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $194
- Very good value!
- Just tolerable
- Why so negative?
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $261
- Absolutely Fabulous
- Just okay
- One of my favorites!
Midtown, New York City | 5 star hotelfrom $340
- Good upgrade from the Rhiga
- Only OK
- Above and beyond
Midtown, New York City | 1 star hotelfrom $150
- Dont Say here!
- Stay away from this hotel!!!
- Horrible? No!