Travel Blogs from Rome
Saturday, June 28
Today we had a walking tour of the city at 9 am. We got to see where we would be going to class and a little bit of the city. Other than that tour we had several boring intro meetings that just sort of need to happen...blah blah blah.
Something I learned in the speech from the Italian Police Officer was that there are two national sports in Italy. Soccer of course ...
... street (Via Giustiniani, where the supermarket was) to a little shop and try some. Abby got Nutella, Cass got Bounty, Shari had wildberry and I had a cheesecake one - all amazing! As we left the gelato shop, we kept walking to the east to go around to our apartment from the opposite direction, and we stumbled into the Piazza della Rotunda - the plaza outside the Pantheon. We had no idea the Pantheon was so close to where we are staying - ...
... from the river and major flooding, resulted in the shoreline moving further out to sea and today Ostia Antica while still bordering the Tiber is land bound. There is an upside to all that - the expanded delta created land for the development of Lido di Ostia on the southern bank of its mouth and on the north side, space for Fiumicino, Rome's main airport. Who said they aren't making any more coastline?
Formal preservation of the site did not ...
Day 44 Today started slowly an after one of Ricard's delicious breakfasts we headed into the squire because the food market was on. Well all the shops had tables with merchandise, out the front of the shops and there were stands of fruit and vegetables, seafood, meat, pastries and bread, sausages, pates and terrines, cheeses, plants and flowers, oils and truffles, you ...
... at. No, no no. Should be overhead cable to the roof, and stringing wires to each premise down the outside of the building then in thru a drill hole in the brickwork. The drops really are drops! Minor policy change, but would probably save billions. Phil, Andrew, Cam - you should think about weaving this into your IGB. The attached photo illustrates the technique perfectly.
Other places to stay in Rome
Viale Castello Della Magliana 65, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $112
- Good deal if you don't mind the location
- Spacious, convenient, affordable way to start/end trips
- Good ending to our Italy trip
Vatican City, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $116
- Central to all the major sites in Rome
- Hot, Noisy, You Can Do Better
- Nice but noisy
EUR, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $98
- Enjoy your stay, don't make a fuss about the distance !
- Good hotel, very friendly staff
- Depends on your priorities -- I liked the hotel a lot
Monte Mario, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $264
- Treated like royalty
- The Cavalieri Hilton is Outstanding
Historic Center, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $305
- Top Notch Hotel
- Westin Excelsior March 2004
- Fantastic Empire stile hotel
Historic Center, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $146
- A great hotel for a city break
- If you want to be next door to the station...
- Not really a 4* hotel
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $110
- Bad impression
- Thank you Trip Advisor! Spot on!
- Good hotel, questionable location!
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $139
- $$ = what you get
- Near city with a pool
- Acceptable but not great
Ciampino Airport, Rome | 2 star hotelfrom $84
Vatican City, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $182
- Visconit Palace - Excellent Value
- Good location & Reasonably priced
- Good hotel
Via Colonnello Tommaso Masala 54, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $125
- Very Nice Hotel Outside Center of Rome
- Really outside town
- Disorganised expense
Ardeatino, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $99
Castro Pretorio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $165
- Great service!
- Rome Is Calling Me Back
- What a Load of Rubbish
Historic Center, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $309
- EXCELLENT IN EVERY WAY
- Loved it
Appio Claudio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $71
Via Prenestina, 944, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $72
- A good stopping point - on your way to city centre
- One miserable experience after the other
- Not recommended
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $76
- Do not go
- This hotel is hell on Earth
- Great for tour group
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $82
- Great Hotel! Loved it!
- Great hotel
- Great hotel
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $132
- Very good hotel in a quiet place!
- Nice, but too far from major attractions
- The Villa in the Pines
EUR, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $88
- Great hotel but not for tourists
- Una mala ubicación, un buen hotel
- Un hotel muy bueno
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $100
- Great Value
- A great hotel in great grounds
- Simply Fabulous!
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $78
- Refurbished Rooms
- Come on! It wasn't that bad.
- Not a **** hotel!!!!
Historic Center, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $170
- Perfect location
- Very Central
- Great location
Historic Center, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $88
- Poor time at the Porta!
- Loved our stay here
- Very noisy hotel
Suburbio Aurelio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $68
- Generally good
- NOt very central to the sights
EUR, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $82