No prices found through our partners. Please contact the business directly or check some of our recommended alternatives.
Travel Blogs from Rome
... has the wow factor and was the residence of early popes until the vatican took over that role in the 16th century.
The St John Baptistry, just up the road, has a different kind of splendour. from the outside it doesn't look like much, but as you walk through the door you just go wow, how beautiful is this place in its simplicity of design and ornamentation (compared to what you have just seen at the basilica.) ...
... Union), and also played host to the official signing of the proposed European Constitution in July 2004.
Rome is the seat of the NATO Defense College and is the place where the Statute of the International Criminal Court and the European Convention on Human Rights were formulated.
... century Constantine the Great turned everything on its head when he embraced Christianity and made it the State religion. Now the catacombs were no longer needed as Christians could be buried in Rome. The catacombs were forgotten until they were re-discovered again thirteen hundred years later. Of course the next thing that happened was that the tombs were looted just in case there were valuables and the marble covers were stolen and burned to make lime for making cement. ...
... broke your vows you were buried alive), the Basilica of Fulvia-Aemilia (197 BC) and Julia (commissioned by Caesar in 54 BC), the Curia (House of Senate- erected by order of Julius Caesar and completed by Augustus 29 BC) and then finally past the Arch of Septimius Severus (203 AD- erected to commemorate the victories against the Partians, a people of Asia Minor). The Tabularium still stands in reasonable condition at the end of the forum. We ...
... than us. As we
pushed on down about 30 stairs, we stumbled on people sitting sprawled out on the stairs, on land they had staked out. After the stairs, the walk slowed to it's-Betsy st eps with people and their arms, legs and bodies pushing to Advance 4 inches. The scene was now dangerous and we decided to Turn back. It took us a half hour to extricate ourselves from this not moving crowd, and back through the tunnel we went. We thought ...
Other places to stay in Rome
Viale Castello Della Magliana 65, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $112
- Good deal if you don't mind the location
- Spacious, convenient, affordable way to start/end trips
- Good ending to our Italy trip
Vatican City, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $116
- Central to all the major sites in Rome
- Hot, Noisy, You Can Do Better
- Nice but noisy
EUR, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $98
- Enjoy your stay, don't make a fuss about the distance !
- Good hotel, very friendly staff
- Depends on your priorities -- I liked the hotel a lot
Monte Mario, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $264
- Treated like royalty
- The Cavalieri Hilton is Outstanding
Historic Center, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $305
- Top Notch Hotel
- Westin Excelsior March 2004
- Fantastic Empire stile hotel
Historic Center, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $146
- A great hotel for a city break
- If you want to be next door to the station...
- Not really a 4* hotel
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $110
- Bad impression
- Thank you Trip Advisor! Spot on!
- Good hotel, questionable location!
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $139
- $$ = what you get
- Near city with a pool
- Acceptable but not great
Ciampino Airport, Rome | 2 star hotelfrom $84
Vatican City, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $182
- Visconit Palace - Excellent Value
- Good location & Reasonably priced
- Good hotel
Via Colonnello Tommaso Masala 54, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $125
- Very Nice Hotel Outside Center of Rome
- Really outside town
- Disorganised expense
Ardeatino, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $99
Historic Center, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $309
- EXCELLENT IN EVERY WAY
- Loved it
Castro Pretorio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $165
- Great service!
- Rome Is Calling Me Back
- What a Load of Rubbish
Appio Claudio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $71
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $76
- Do not go
- This hotel is hell on Earth
- Great for tour group
Via Prenestina, 944, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $72
- A good stopping point - on your way to city centre
- One miserable experience after the other
- Not recommended
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $82
- Great Hotel! Loved it!
- Great hotel
- Great hotel
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $132
- Very good hotel in a quiet place!
- Nice, but too far from major attractions
- The Villa in the Pines
EUR, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $88
- Great hotel but not for tourists
- Una mala ubicación, un buen hotel
- Un hotel muy bueno
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $78
- Refurbished Rooms
- Come on! It wasn't that bad.
- Not a **** hotel!!!!
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $100
- Great Value
- A great hotel in great grounds
- Simply Fabulous!
Historic Center, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $170
- Perfect location
- Very Central
- Great location
Historic Center, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $88
- Poor time at the Porta!
- Loved our stay here
- Very noisy hotel
Suburbio Aurelio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $68
- Generally good
- NOt very central to the sights
EUR, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $82