Travel Blogs from Rome
... were my fav, R loved the map "hall" and the Sistine Chapel, although we all know the work and Christian stories painted there, still created a sense of awe in both of us. Happened to be there when a mini blessing occurred which was cool.
3 1/2 hours later a refreshing beer and pizza (Italian pizza is only thin crust so guess who is super happy!!) was heavenly. Ragno D'Oro - hidden away a bit from the ...
... s dome in Florence. St. Peter's dome is not as wide at 42 meters, but it is far taller. We took the elevator to the first level and climbed 320 stairs instead of walking all 551. The staircase became narrower and narrower as we climbed between the twin dome structure. At the top we were rewarded with a spectacular 360 view of Rome. Back to the hotel for relaxing by the pool from 6-8 p.m. Then dinner at a lovely cafe on the ...
... train ride all over the town and around the narrow back streets where cars fear to go and we ended up on top of the city at a beautiful monastry with a superb view of the magnificent harbour. We had a very lovely French meal for lunch and Lauren her her first Pate d Fois Gras (with cocktail!) and we were back to Nice last night.
We were up and out early this morning as we have had a huge drive.
Tonight we are on the Cinque terra.
We drove via ...
... of that week that she asked who was from Baltimore. Of course, I raised my hand and so did Torsten although he is from gaithersburg (close enough). she proceeded to ask us if we watched football and who we cheered for. Once we assured her that we were both big Ravens fans she told us that her husband is the President of the Baltimore Ravens, Dick Cass! Everything clicked and made sense now. I got to talk to her ...
... to the front of the building we noticed it was a museum, and although we didn't have time to go in today we decided we would definitely come back and have a better look before we left.
With an hour before we needed to be at the meeting place for our Vatican tour we stopped and had an antipasto platter and a vino for lunch. This platter was most interesting and had many different little Roman specialities on ...
Other places to stay in Rome
Viale Castello Della Magliana 65, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $112
- Good deal if you don't mind the location
- Spacious, convenient, affordable way to start/end trips
- Good ending to our Italy trip
Vatican City, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $116
- Central to all the major sites in Rome
- Hot, Noisy, You Can Do Better
- Nice but noisy
EUR, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $98
- Enjoy your stay, don't make a fuss about the distance !
- Good hotel, very friendly staff
- Depends on your priorities -- I liked the hotel a lot
Monte Mario, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $264
- Treated like royalty
- The Cavalieri Hilton is Outstanding
Historic Center, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $305
- Top Notch Hotel
- Westin Excelsior March 2004
- Fantastic Empire stile hotel
Historic Center, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $146
- A great hotel for a city break
- If you want to be next door to the station...
- Not really a 4* hotel
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $110
- Bad impression
- Thank you Trip Advisor! Spot on!
- Good hotel, questionable location!
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $139
- $$ = what you get
- Near city with a pool
- Acceptable but not great
Ciampino Airport, Rome | 2 star hotelfrom $84
Vatican City, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $182
- Visconit Palace - Excellent Value
- Good location & Reasonably priced
- Good hotel
Via Colonnello Tommaso Masala 54, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $125
- Very Nice Hotel Outside Center of Rome
- Really outside town
- Disorganised expense
Ardeatino, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $99
Historic Center, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $309
- EXCELLENT IN EVERY WAY
- Loved it
Castro Pretorio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $165
- Great service!
- Rome Is Calling Me Back
- What a Load of Rubbish
Appio Claudio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $71
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $76
- Do not go
- This hotel is hell on Earth
- Great for tour group
Via Prenestina, 944, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $72
- A good stopping point - on your way to city centre
- One miserable experience after the other
- Not recommended
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $82
- Great Hotel! Loved it!
- Great hotel
- Great hotel
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $132
- Very good hotel in a quiet place!
- Nice, but too far from major attractions
- The Villa in the Pines
EUR, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $88
- Great hotel but not for tourists
- Una mala ubicación, un buen hotel
- Un hotel muy bueno
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $100
- Great Value
- A great hotel in great grounds
- Simply Fabulous!
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $78
- Refurbished Rooms
- Come on! It wasn't that bad.
- Not a **** hotel!!!!
Historic Center, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $170
- Perfect location
- Very Central
- Great location
Historic Center, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $88
- Poor time at the Porta!
- Loved our stay here
- Very noisy hotel
Suburbio Aurelio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $68
- Generally good
- NOt very central to the sights
EUR, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $82