No availability found through our partners. Please contact the business directly or check some of our recommended alternatives.
Travel Blogs from Rome
... welcome dinner at 5pm. PS...the skies opened up and it started to rain as soon as we had to walk to our restaurant, Mino! Dinner was wonderful...new friends, wine, gelato! Even serenaded by two Italian entertainers. Kisses and roses for all the ladies from the waiters. The next day we were up and in the bus by ...
... Pompeii might present us or else prompt some very strong Latin ("pestis, fucifer!!"), which, incidentally, the kids have already picked up on.
The train to the Colosseum station was normal, and we weaved our way around and out to the street. Juls wondered where all the scaffolding had come from, so mustn't have looked up to see it given it covers about 25% of the exterior. This was only getting us halfway to the Pantheon, so we had some path to cover first. ...
... but have a fluffy warm layer inside! We then went to the post office and posted some amazing Christmas postcards we found! (in Finland it looks like they don't do Christmas cards, they do Christmas postcards! They were cheap and looked amazing!!!) For lunch we ate at a Mexican take out place just up the road from our hotel! Young Americans ran it! And the cook had a Johnny cupcakes tattoo! Before we were picked up from ...
... wondered around inside a bit lost for a little bit. Saw something else massive with tons of sculptures but because I haven't studied up on this stuff it's a bit lost on me so decided I need to do it as a guided tour. Not sure if ill wait for my top deck or do it beforehand though. So by this stage it was fricking hot, must be mid 30s today, so decided to head back to the hostel for a snooze. Adjusting to the loneliness is ...
... cross the river, taking pix, and hmm.. Looks like rain. Let's head back to the hotel. Then the thunderstorm breaks! So glad to be inside! So we search for an .outlet to plug in the fan - and find that there is but one by the bed, occupied by the minibar. Outgrows the minibar, in goes the fan. Aaah. Check emails, battery is low. Uh oh.. Fan or communication? Let's go eat ! The rain has stopped. But I take my handy raincoat, ...
Other places to stay in Rome
Viale Castello Della Magliana 65, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $112
- Good deal if you don't mind the location
- Spacious, convenient, affordable way to start/end trips
- Good ending to our Italy trip
Vatican City, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $116
- Central to all the major sites in Rome
- Hot, Noisy, You Can Do Better
- Nice but noisy
EUR, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $98
- Enjoy your stay, don't make a fuss about the distance !
- Good hotel, very friendly staff
- Depends on your priorities -- I liked the hotel a lot
Monte Mario, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $264
- Treated like royalty
- The Cavalieri Hilton is Outstanding
Historic Center, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $305
- Top Notch Hotel
- Westin Excelsior March 2004
- Fantastic Empire stile hotel
Historic Center, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $146
- A great hotel for a city break
- If you want to be next door to the station...
- Not really a 4* hotel
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $110
- Bad impression
- Thank you Trip Advisor! Spot on!
- Good hotel, questionable location!
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $139
- $$ = what you get
- Near city with a pool
- Acceptable but not great
Ciampino Airport, Rome | 2 star hotelfrom $84
Vatican City, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $182
- Visconit Palace - Excellent Value
- Good location & Reasonably priced
- Good hotel
Via Colonnello Tommaso Masala 54, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $125
- Very Nice Hotel Outside Center of Rome
- Really outside town
- Disorganised expense
Ardeatino, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $99
Historic Center, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $309
- EXCELLENT IN EVERY WAY
- Loved it
Castro Pretorio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $165
- Great service!
- Rome Is Calling Me Back
- What a Load of Rubbish
Appio Claudio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $71
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $76
- Do not go
- This hotel is hell on Earth
- Great for tour group
Via Prenestina, 944, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $72
- A good stopping point - on your way to city centre
- One miserable experience after the other
- Not recommended
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $82
- Great Hotel! Loved it!
- Great hotel
- Great hotel
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $132
- Very good hotel in a quiet place!
- Nice, but too far from major attractions
- The Villa in the Pines
EUR, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $88
- Great hotel but not for tourists
- Una mala ubicación, un buen hotel
- Un hotel muy bueno
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $100
- Great Value
- A great hotel in great grounds
- Simply Fabulous!
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $78
- Refurbished Rooms
- Come on! It wasn't that bad.
- Not a **** hotel!!!!
Historic Center, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $170
- Perfect location
- Very Central
- Great location
Historic Center, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $88
- Poor time at the Porta!
- Loved our stay here
- Very noisy hotel
Suburbio Aurelio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $68
- Generally good
- NOt very central to the sights
EUR, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $82