Best Western Country Squire
TripAdvisor Reviews Best Western Country Squire Atlantic
Travel Blogs from Atlantic
- We made it to Atlantic, Iowa
- Got a hotel at the Best Western.
- Went to Applebees for food.
- Got back to the room and went to sleep.
- July 10th
- Got up at 10 A.M.
- Got gas, snacks and dry ice at the chevron.
- Gas Cost: $45.92
- Dry Ice: $7
- Snacks $25
Ever wonder what it takes to get that ear of corn harvested. May you thought it was just running the combine over the field. Well it is a little more involved than that. Here is a few short raw videos of getting that corn in from the field. Watch them in order to get the full story. Randy makes the combine look easy but it is constant attention to many different controls, settings and listening to the sound. ...
We got an early start and spent all day on the road to get to the South Dakota campground before dark. Beautiful state with rolling hills and stunning views.
Stopped at famous Wall Drug shopping mall and got some cowboy hats and other stuff.
The KOA Campground is amazing and is located in the middle of the Black Hills. Had a nice dinner and some well deserved and needed cocktails at the restaurant on site. Tomorrow we tour Mt ...
- 4 A.M.
- These constant 4 hour drives are starting to get on my nerves.
- Knowing we are almost there is the only thing keeping me going.
- Gassed up at Chevron.
- Bought some dry ice which should last us the rest of the way.
- We get back to it after stretching and walking around a bit.
- Gas Cost: $47.15
- Ice Cost: $7
... to pick up some fried chicken for lunch.
Then it is up to the first farm to do some planting and filming, what a great afternoon. The planter has a GPS system that will keep track of the rows planted turning off rows if needed so you do not over plant. This makes a swath of 40 feet.
Paul also did some filming with the GoPro from ...