Best Western Ambassador Hotel
TripAdvisor Reviews Best Western Ambassador Hotel York
Travel Blogs from York
The alarm went off at 7:30 and breakfast at 8 (what an amazing spread) followed by a walk down the hill to pick up the skis - followed by yes - the walk up the hill !! Here we go - skiing time !! 2 hours later and we have skied half the mountain round to corchevel 1650 verdons, crux, pyramide. Lac ariondaz, marquis - all blue runs but great to get back into ...
... chatted to our new friends We have a really good group of people. - it's going to be a good week The sun left us this afternoon for low cloud and a very light caster sugar sprinkling of snow but it's great to be here Evening meal chalet style was great - good food starting with sparkling wine and canapés and good chatting round the table Early to bed though at 10pm (we have been up since 4am ...
... with pivots, this kinda took the wind out of his sails, so we left. So back on the A1 north, and we hit Friday night traffic so it was a bit of a crawl and took longer than expected We scoped a place out for the rugby in the am, found a nice seafood restaurant and then went to a bar playing live music which was good. Prob not the best day on tour with the visits today but you can't win em all. Right onward and upward with Scotland ...
... We also stopped at Stonehenge, it was an eerily amazing sight. We did a tour around the sight to learn about its history or what is known about it. After leaving Stonehenge we arrived in England where we caught up with friends from our Scotland tour. We went to the real Abbey road this time and then went out that night for last drinks. I then few out of London to Bankok in Thailand to travel with Andy.
... Went to our room.........still no heating but manager had disconnected the fan. Aaaahhhh, relief.....hopefully a good night's sleep. Here's our night's story.......ensuite light joined the other annoying lights for J, an even louder fan started up in the ceiling just outside our room (?????), woken at 3am by loud bull elephants in the corridor outside as they arrived after a good night out and thought it was ...
Other places to stay in York
North Street, York | 4 star hotelfrom $130
- Not a 4 star!!
- Kind-of dumpy and overpriced
- Perfectly fine, but not insipring.
Tadcaster Road, York | 3 star hotelfrom $113
- Handy for town and good value.
- Poor standard, staff untrained in the art of customer relations
- Holiday Inn "Style"
Station Road, York | 3 star hotelfrom $147
- The Shambles - don't go
- Awful, don't waste your money!!
- A perfect weekend
Tadcaster Road, York | 4 star hotelfrom $167
- So-So hotel
- Pleasant but not central
Fishergate, York | 3 star hotelfrom $131
- Probably not again
- There must be better
- Highly recommend the Novotel York
One Tower Street, York | 3 star hotelfrom $162
- What a disapointment - will never return
- How dare they call this a hotel!!! B&B would be too much
- Location, location, location ...
Micklegate, York | 3 star hotelfrom $76
- Hen weekend
- Good value, reliable
- Great budget hotel in York
53 Piccadilly, York | 3 star hotelfrom $130
St. Maurices Road, York | 1 star hotelfrom $144
- Lovely place to stay
- Don't Expect a Bed for the Night!!
- A very welcoming place to stay!
Queens Staith, York | 2 star hotelfrom $109
- "Great for the price"
- Good value and position
- Never mind the customer!
15 Saint Peters Grove, York | 4 star hotelfrom $136
77 the Mount, York | 2 star hotelfrom $81
- Woeful !
- DO NOT STAY HERE !
- Some of the hotel staff were just plain rude!
The Mount, York | 3 star hotelfrom $77
- Great Hotel
- Beautiful hotel but disappointing room
Malton Road, York | 3 star hotelfrom $120
Skeldergate, York | 1 star hotelfrom $143
- Quiet, convenient and tired
- Mixed opinions
- The worst hotel in the UK?
3 Bootham Terrace, York | 3 star hotelfrom $149
- Average Overpriced Hotel
- Lovely little hotel !
- Clean basic good location,overpriced for small family room
1 Clifton, York | 4 star hotelfrom $162
- A average dinner experience
- Petit Dejeuner!
- Fantastic stay
Clifton Green, Clifton | 3 star hotelfrom $100
Shipton Road, York | Hotelfrom $81
147 Mount Vale, York | 2 star hotelfrom $140
- What's the fuss!? We loved it!
- Could have been great, sadly it was poor
- Had a brilliant stay
90 Piccadilly, York | Hotelfrom $88
- Looking a wee bit tired
- Satisfactory stay at the York Travelodge
- Cheap and nice location
65 Bootham, York | 3 star hotelfrom $147
- Rooms have grand names, but grand hotel it is not!!!
- Lovely service and food, bed was horrible!
- FANTASTIC! (and I'm fussy!)
Duncombe Place, York | 4 star hotelfrom $203
- Great location
- In need of a kick up the backside
- Excellent Location and Friendly Staff
Bishopthorpe Rd, York | 4 star hotelfrom $224
- Nothing to write home about.
- First class service and cuisine
- Exellence meets near Perfection
89 The Mount, York | Hotelfrom $199
- LOVELY HOTEL FIRST CLASS
- Perfect chill out in York
- Perfetto per rilassarsi a York
White Rose Close - York Business Park, York | Hotelfrom $124