Best Western Ambassador Hotel
Travel Blogs from York
... favourite, with the cathedral's plain ceiling covering a series of smaller shrines, including that of St Cuthbert. Back outside, we visited the Cathedral Library via the cloisters. A librarian (a Kiwi) gave us an impromptu chat about the 13th century building, which used to house the refectory and the dormitories. Went back through the cobble paved alleys of town. Drove to York. Found the hostel and had dinner at Michael's Brasserie. Yorkshire Pudding for each. Lots of liver. Ate it ...
... to the challenge of eating soup with chop sticks on the plane. (Yes, it is possible!) I couldn't use chop sticks yesterday but with an empty belly and lack of choice i can be a fast learner! I'm gonna see if I can put my new found skills to work and ask a stewardess for some noodles. Wonder if I can seat surf in the dark back to my chair without spilling? :-) the sun's just starting to come up outside and it's beautiful watching it from above the ...
Officially, I think our trip starts today... our leaving do! Thanks for all the friends and family that were able to make it and we hope you enjoyed the little buffet we prepared. Thank you for the gifts we received too, a delicious cake from Richard and ...
... take us to our B&B in a nearby village. It was touch and go as we schlepped our bags through the quiet city streets in search of our bus stop. Luckily, we managed to find the right one. The B&B owner assured us that the bus driver would know where the B&B was. So, of course, the driver didn’t have a clue. We told him the name of the village, which he did know, so we hoped it would all work out once we got there. And it did, too, as ...
Taxi from Batley to Leeds at 10am as my coach down to London is at 10:40. Driver doesn't know where the bus station is but we get there with plenty of time to spare. Supposed to get there 15 minutes early so the driver can check you on. By 10:40 the bus isn't even there. 11:00 still no show. At 11:15 the 11:30 coach turns up and tells a group of about ten people that we'll have to wait for the 10:40 bus as he can't take us. Our bus has broken down and is running approx ...
TripAdvisor Reviews Best Western Ambassador Hotel York
Other places to stay in York
North Street, York | 4 star hotelfrom $106
- Not a 4 star!!
- Kind-of dumpy and overpriced
- Perfectly fine, but not insipring.
Tadcaster Road, York | 3 star hotelfrom $95
- Handy for town and good value.
- Poor standard, staff untrained in the art of customer relations
- Holiday Inn "Style"
Station Road, York | 3 star hotelfrom $135
- The Shambles - don't go
- Awful, don't waste your money!!
- A perfect weekend
Tadcaster Road, York | 4 star hotelfrom $127
- So-So hotel
- Pleasant but not central
Fishergate, York | 3 star hotelfrom $110
- Probably not again
- There must be better
- Highly recommend the Novotel York
One Tower Street, York | 3 star hotelfrom $138
- What a disapointment - will never return
- How dare they call this a hotel!!! B&B would be too much
- Location, location, location ...
Micklegate, York | 3 star hotelfrom $46
- Hen weekend
- Good value, reliable
- Great budget hotel in York
53 Picadilly, York | 3 star hotelfrom $100
St. Maurices Road, York | 1 star hotelfrom $133
- Lovely place to stay
- Don't Expect a Bed for the Night!!
- A very welcoming place to stay!
Queens Staith, York | 2 star hotelfrom $89
- "Great for the price"
- Good value and position
- Never mind the customer!
15 Saint Peters Grove, York | 4 star hotelfrom $124
77 the Mount, York | 2 star hotelfrom $67
- Woeful !
- DO NOT STAY HERE !
- Some of the hotel staff were just plain rude!
The Mount, York | 3 star hotelfrom $70
- Great Hotel
- Beautiful hotel but disappointing room
Skeldergate, York | 1 star hotelfrom $121
- Quiet, convenient and tired
- Mixed opinions
- The worst hotel in the UK?
Malton Road, York | 3 star hotelfrom $100
3 Bootham Terrace, York | 3 star hotelfrom $139
- Average Overpriced Hotel
- Lovely little hotel !
- Clean basic good location,overpriced for small family room
1 Clifton, York | 4 star hotelfrom $136
- A average dinner experience
- Petit Dejeuner!
- Fantastic stay
90 Piccadilly, York | Hotel
- Looking a wee bit tired
- Satisfactory stay at the York Travelodge
- Cheap and nice location
Clifton Green, Clifton | 3 star hotelfrom $84
Shipton Road, York | Hotelfrom $81
147 Mount Vale, York | 2 star hotelfrom $117
- What's the fuss!? We loved it!
- Could have been great, sadly it was poor
- Had a brilliant stay
65 Bootham, York | 3 star hotelfrom $136
- Rooms have grand names, but grand hotel it is not!!!
- Lovely service and food, bed was horrible!
- FANTASTIC! (and I'm fussy!)
Duncombe Place, York | 4 star hotelfrom $170
- Great location
- In need of a kick up the backside
- Excellent Location and Friendly Staff
Bishopthorpe Rd, York | 4 star hotelfrom $182
- Nothing to write home about.
- First class service and cuisine
- Exellence meets near Perfection
89 The Mount, York | Hotelfrom $176
- LOVELY HOTEL FIRST CLASS
- Perfect chill out in York
- Perfetto per rilassarsi a York
White Rose Close - York Business Park, York | Hotelfrom $108