Best Western Ambassador Hotel
No availability found through our partners. Please contact the business directly or check some of our recommended alternatives.
TripAdvisor Reviews Best Western Ambassador Hotel York
Travel Blogs from York
Driving to York today with Ruth and Charlie we stopped to view Hadrian's Wall at two locations. Maps 1-2. An 83 year old woman riding nearby said that on a clear day you can see it to the horizon. Running virtually from coast to coast we realise the Romans were making a serious effort to keep the Scots out of their domain. Not a lot has changed in 2000 years has it. We are still building walls either virtually or in other ways to keep others out. Thanks to Charlie for the long ...
... under 4 hours to explore and entire city. As it's getting closer to winter it is quite dark before 5pm so most places close at 4pm or 5pm if lucky. So after a quick backpack drop off and some lunch, it was straight into the action....in the cold, miserable rain. For only the second time this trip the rain fell constantly (and last time it was just getting from train to hostel in Inverness). Still the show must go on.... - first up was the The Jorvik Viking ...
... It has some spectacular stained glass windows. The Great East Window is currently being repaired. It contains pictures from the book and genesis and revelations. There is a special area where you can see some of the windows which have been fixed, close up. The detail on the glass is amazing. We took a guided tour which we found very interesting, especially having all the small details in ...
... the box at 2kg, it's going to be expensive to post the box back home, so we'll see how that goes! We are staying at an apartment just 5mins from the centre of york. Tonight is fireworks/bonfire night at we have just finished watching a spectacular fireworks display from mums bedroom window. Even while I'm writing I can hear more fireworks going off in the distance. Tomorrow we have the day in ...
... set fire to the tower. Those who tried to escape were murdered by the mob. It survived the civil war but in 1684 an accidental explosion destroyed the interior. After dinner we go to an interactive play, Sherlock Holmes: A Working Hypothesis. It is performed in the City Council Chambers. This lovely highly decorated room is meant to impress. The audience sits in the Council Seats and the play is performed all around you. It ...
Other places to stay in York
North Street, York | 4 star hotelfrom $130
- Not a 4 star!!
- Kind-of dumpy and overpriced
- Perfectly fine, but not insipring.
Tadcaster Road, York | 3 star hotelfrom $113
- Handy for town and good value.
- Poor standard, staff untrained in the art of customer relations
- Holiday Inn "Style"
Station Road, York | 3 star hotelfrom $147
- The Shambles - don't go
- Awful, don't waste your money!!
- A perfect weekend
Tadcaster Road, York | 4 star hotelfrom $167
- So-So hotel
- Pleasant but not central
Fishergate, York | 3 star hotelfrom $131
- Probably not again
- There must be better
- Highly recommend the Novotel York
One Tower Street, York | 3 star hotelfrom $162
- What a disapointment - will never return
- How dare they call this a hotel!!! B&B would be too much
- Location, location, location ...
Micklegate, York | 3 star hotelfrom $76
- Hen weekend
- Good value, reliable
- Great budget hotel in York
53 Picadilly, York | 3 star hotelfrom $130
St. Maurices Road, York | 1 star hotelfrom $144
- Lovely place to stay
- Don't Expect a Bed for the Night!!
- A very welcoming place to stay!
Queens Staith, York | 2 star hotelfrom $109
- "Great for the price"
- Good value and position
- Never mind the customer!
15 Saint Peters Grove, York | 4 star hotelfrom $136
77 the Mount, York | 2 star hotelfrom $81
- Woeful !
- DO NOT STAY HERE !
- Some of the hotel staff were just plain rude!
The Mount, York | 3 star hotelfrom $77
- Great Hotel
- Beautiful hotel but disappointing room
Malton Road, York | 3 star hotelfrom $120
Skeldergate, York | 1 star hotelfrom $143
- Quiet, convenient and tired
- Mixed opinions
- The worst hotel in the UK?
3 Bootham Terrace, York | 3 star hotelfrom $149
- Average Overpriced Hotel
- Lovely little hotel !
- Clean basic good location,overpriced for small family room
1 Clifton, York | 4 star hotelfrom $162
- A average dinner experience
- Petit Dejeuner!
- Fantastic stay
Clifton Green, Clifton | 3 star hotelfrom $100
Shipton Road, York | Hotelfrom $81
147 Mount Vale, York | 2 star hotelfrom $140
- What's the fuss!? We loved it!
- Could have been great, sadly it was poor
- Had a brilliant stay
90 Piccadilly, York | Hotelfrom $88
- Looking a wee bit tired
- Satisfactory stay at the York Travelodge
- Cheap and nice location
65 Bootham, York | 3 star hotelfrom $147
- Rooms have grand names, but grand hotel it is not!!!
- Lovely service and food, bed was horrible!
- FANTASTIC! (and I'm fussy!)
Duncombe Place, York | 4 star hotelfrom $203
- Great location
- In need of a kick up the backside
- Excellent Location and Friendly Staff
Bishopthorpe Rd, York | 4 star hotelfrom $224
- Nothing to write home about.
- First class service and cuisine
- Exellence meets near Perfection
89 The Mount, York | Hotelfrom $199
- LOVELY HOTEL FIRST CLASS
- Perfect chill out in York
- Perfetto per rilassarsi a York
White Rose Close - York Business Park, York | Hotelfrom $124