Best Western Ambassador Hotel
No availability found through our partners. Please contact the business directly or check some of our recommended alternatives.
TripAdvisor Reviews Best Western Ambassador Hotel York
Travel Blogs from York
... are the lovely big lake and the endless woodlands and green spaces. Kids, dogs, bikes, games, picnics, ice creams, even cricket matches, it all happens in Clumber! We did the 10 mile cycling circuit (with a brief stop for sandwiches half way round) and had a great time. At the end we rewarded ourselves with a good old Mr Whippy!!
Nico headed back to Nottingham early evening for a day of work on Wednesday and the girls got themselves an overdue early night!
... The unusual thing with this hall was that there was no fireplace, they would build a fire in the middle of the room on the rock floor. Up we go to the roof top. Talk about steep stairs that have the center worn out from centuries of use! The views up here are amazing. The weather is a little misty so we can't see that far, but on a clear day you could see for miles. Easy way to keep an eye on the peasants!
Well time to go and we are off to our B&B. We ...
A slight annoyance has now resulted in Chris and I going to York for the day whilst Ken, Theresa and Michael visit Scarborough.
York Minster is as beautiful as I remember it many years ago. A great city with so much history. we wandered the old cobbled ...
... do with castles, it has exhibits of the interiors of various rooms from different periods of history and a recreated Victorian street which is just what it says, a Victorian Street with various shops, bank, etc and it didn't disappoint. The "from birth to death" display shows items from different era and simple day to day activities like exhibits on how people washed themselves and their clothes and how people were buried at different times, wedding ...
... sample the ales. Both nice dark pulled ales at 7.2%- yummee!!
We also had meat pies( one steak/ale, one chicken/mushroom) and mushy peas- very good too.
Continued to explore the old city visiting the Viking Centre, an underground excavation of a Viking town from many many years ago.
Back to the Marriott by 5pm to get ready for supper in the hotel.
Other places to stay in York
North Street, York | 4 star hotelfrom $130
- Not a 4 star!!
- Kind-of dumpy and overpriced
- Perfectly fine, but not insipring.
Tadcaster Road, York | 3 star hotelfrom $113
- Handy for town and good value.
- Poor standard, staff untrained in the art of customer relations
- Holiday Inn "Style"
Station Road, York | 3 star hotelfrom $147
- The Shambles - don't go
- Awful, don't waste your money!!
- A perfect weekend
Tadcaster Road, York | 4 star hotelfrom $167
- So-So hotel
- Pleasant but not central
Fishergate, York | 3 star hotelfrom $131
- Probably not again
- There must be better
- Highly recommend the Novotel York
One Tower Street, York | 3 star hotelfrom $162
- What a disapointment - will never return
- How dare they call this a hotel!!! B&B would be too much
- Location, location, location ...
Micklegate, York | 3 star hotelfrom $76
- Hen weekend
- Good value, reliable
- Great budget hotel in York
53 Piccadilly, York | 3 star hotelfrom $130
St. Maurices Road, York | 1 star hotelfrom $144
- Lovely place to stay
- Don't Expect a Bed for the Night!!
- A very welcoming place to stay!
Queens Staith, York | 2 star hotelfrom $109
- "Great for the price"
- Good value and position
- Never mind the customer!
15 Saint Peters Grove, York | 4 star hotelfrom $136
77 the Mount, York | 2 star hotelfrom $81
- Woeful !
- DO NOT STAY HERE !
- Some of the hotel staff were just plain rude!
The Mount, York | 3 star hotelfrom $77
- Great Hotel
- Beautiful hotel but disappointing room
Malton Road, York | 3 star hotelfrom $120
Skeldergate, York | 1 star hotelfrom $143
- Quiet, convenient and tired
- Mixed opinions
- The worst hotel in the UK?
3 Bootham Terrace, York | 3 star hotelfrom $149
- Average Overpriced Hotel
- Lovely little hotel !
- Clean basic good location,overpriced for small family room
1 Clifton, York | 4 star hotelfrom $162
- A average dinner experience
- Petit Dejeuner!
- Fantastic stay
Clifton Green, Clifton | 3 star hotelfrom $100
Shipton Road, York | Hotelfrom $81
147 Mount Vale, York | 2 star hotelfrom $140
- What's the fuss!? We loved it!
- Could have been great, sadly it was poor
- Had a brilliant stay
90 Piccadilly, York | Hotelfrom $88
- Looking a wee bit tired
- Satisfactory stay at the York Travelodge
- Cheap and nice location
65 Bootham, York | 3 star hotelfrom $147
- Rooms have grand names, but grand hotel it is not!!!
- Lovely service and food, bed was horrible!
- FANTASTIC! (and I'm fussy!)
Duncombe Place, York | 4 star hotelfrom $203
- Great location
- In need of a kick up the backside
- Excellent Location and Friendly Staff
89 The Mount, York | Hotelfrom $199
- LOVELY HOTEL FIRST CLASS
- Perfect chill out in York
- Perfetto per rilassarsi a York
Bishopthorpe Rd, York | 4 star hotelfrom $224
- Nothing to write home about.
- First class service and cuisine
- Exellence meets near Perfection
White Rose Close - York Business Park, York | Hotelfrom $124