Best Western Ambassador Hotel
No prices found through our partners. Please contact the business directly or check some of our recommended alternatives.
TripAdvisor Reviews Best Western Ambassador Hotel York
Travel Blogs from York
... this was is that the town and seafront are on slightly different levels; probably about 40 metres different. We walked through the town learning of its origins; being foundered by Henry Pease as a village for his workers to find some recreation. He had Quaker beliefs so the village seemed similar to its midlands equivalent in Bournville. We walked into the gardens which are maintained around the salt burn and walked back along the stream to the sea ...
The day began like all the previous days; with sun streaming into the bedroom. We have been fortunate with the weather as it has been bright sunshine at times and when it has rained we have missed most of the downpours. Today we had planed to head west into the Yorkshire Dales National Park and enjoy a walk in delightful surroundings.
The start of the walk was to be Burnsall and we parked in ...
The weather today was supposed to be reasonable so, after a walk in the grounds of the Abbey, we set off in sunshine for a couple of visits to National Trust properties near York. The Abbey has opened a new orc************ on the other side of the river to the Hall and this is a grab meadow to wander through as well as giving great views of the Hall itself.
The fist stop was Beningbrough Hall just north of ...
Awake at a little before 6am. Breakfast bags out & left by 8am for York. A short stop & we were in Lincoln at 10.30 for our castle visit. An nearly an hour's talk by an historian & then it was onto our visit at our leisure. A beautiful old city with old town / castle dating back to roman times in 700's. Hard to believe. After lunch was onto our overnight stop in York. Arriving in mid afternoon after checkin ...
... was packed with Yorkers and we almost didn't get a table. Richard had pizza and I had Carbonara (hey, I had a long run this morning). Interestingly, we Americans were the only ones who used our little bit of Italian to speak to our waitress, whose English was a bit spotty. Highlight of the night was when the owner's son told Richard he looked like a Texas cop. "But more like a Sheriff, like Walker Texas Ranger". Oh, if he only ...
Other places to stay in York
North Street, York | 4 star hotelfrom $130
- Not a 4 star!!
- Kind-of dumpy and overpriced
- Perfectly fine, but not insipring.
Tadcaster Road, York | 3 star hotelfrom $113
- Handy for town and good value.
- Poor standard, staff untrained in the art of customer relations
- Holiday Inn "Style"
Station Road, York | 3 star hotelfrom $147
- The Shambles - don't go
- Awful, don't waste your money!!
- A perfect weekend
Tadcaster Road, York | 4 star hotelfrom $100
- So-So hotel
- Pleasant but not central
Fishergate, York | 3 star hotelfrom $184
- Probably not again
- There must be better
- Highly recommend the Novotel York
One Tower Street, York | 3 star hotel
- What a disapointment - will never return
- How dare they call this a hotel!!! B&B would be too much
- Location, location, location ...
Micklegate, York | 3 star hotelfrom $76
- Hen weekend
- Good value, reliable
- Great budget hotel in York
53 Piccadilly, York | 3 star hotelfrom $130
St. Maurices Road, York | 1 star hotelfrom $144
- Lovely place to stay
- Don't Expect a Bed for the Night!!
- A very welcoming place to stay!
Queens Staith, York | 2 star hotelfrom $109
- "Great for the price"
- Good value and position
- Never mind the customer!
15 Saint Peters Grove, York | 4 star hotelfrom $136
77 the Mount, York | 2 star hotelfrom $81
- Woeful !
- DO NOT STAY HERE !
- Some of the hotel staff were just plain rude!
The Mount, York | 3 star hotelfrom $77
- Great Hotel
- Beautiful hotel but disappointing room
Skeldergate, York | 1 star hotelfrom $143
- Quiet, convenient and tired
- Mixed opinions
- The worst hotel in the UK?
Malton Road, York | 3 star hotelfrom $120
2 High Road, Cornish | B&Bfrom $149
1 Clifton, York | 4 star hotelfrom $162
- A average dinner experience
- Petit Dejeuner!
- Fantastic stay
Clifton Green, Clifton | 3 star hotelfrom $100
Shipton Road, York | Hotelfrom $81
147 Mount Vale, York | 2 star hotelfrom $140
- What's the fuss!? We loved it!
- Could have been great, sadly it was poor
- Had a brilliant stay
90 Piccadilly, York | Hotelfrom $88
- Looking a wee bit tired
- Satisfactory stay at the York Travelodge
- Cheap and nice location
65 Bootham, York | 3 star hotelfrom $99
- Rooms have grand names, but grand hotel it is not!!!
- Lovely service and food, bed was horrible!
- FANTASTIC! (and I'm fussy!)
Duncombe Place, York | 4 star hotelfrom $203
- Great location
- In need of a kick up the backside
- Excellent Location and Friendly Staff
89 The Mount, York | Hotelfrom $199
- LOVELY HOTEL FIRST CLASS
- Perfect chill out in York
- Perfetto per rilassarsi a York
Bishopthorpe Rd, York | 4 star hotelfrom $224
- Nothing to write home about.
- First class service and cuisine
- Exellence meets near Perfection
White Rose Close - York Business Park, York | Hotelfrom $124