Best Western Ambassador Hotel
No availability found through our partners. Please contact the business directly or check some of our recommended alternatives.
Travel Blogs from York
... stained windows, the best I have ever seen. They were even more beautiful with the sun shining through them. We decided to do the tower tour which was an extra £5 on top of the visitor fee. We climbed up 275 steps and 230 feet. The view from the top was quite something, you can see all across the city and out across the Yorkshire dales, we could even see the Kilburn White Horse carved on the hillside in the far distance. From our viewpoint we could ...
The journey was good and fortunately without incident, although logs and "floating islands" were two a penny to make sure we were paying attention and not just lapping up the sun.
Much to our surprise we spotted salmon leaping two or there feet out of the water just before Naburn Lock, and there are salmon steps at the side of the weir which were introduced a couple of years ...
Very relaxing evening in the pub with John and Vanessa catching up on what we had both been doing for the last 10 days. They had a good trip down to Sheffield after we left them and then up to Leeds where John used to work before he retired!
Another sunny day for our 3 hour trip from Beale Lock up to Selby, via The River Aire, and The Selby Canal. We had heard ...
We are on the way again after a week at home. John and Vanessa join us at Lemonroyd Lock by the Marina and we head off on the second stage of our summer trip. First stop is Castleford to fill up with diesel, a simple process you might think, just like filling the car!!
Not quite so easy on the boat.
Two hours later after the chap at the Marina who was ...
... and there were dozens of people on the sands, probably looking for fossils. The town is famous for its ammonites.
It was still raining and we took the road back up onto the moors, then down into Scarborough. We didn't much like the look of Scarborough. It is a resort town, full of casinos, fun parks, tacky shops, and lots of traffic. Even though the rain had stopped we kept going, back through some gentle green country, back home to York.
TripAdvisor Reviews Best Western Ambassador Hotel York
Other places to stay in York
North Street, York | 4 star hotelfrom $130
- Not a 4 star!!
- Kind-of dumpy and overpriced
- Perfectly fine, but not insipring.
Tadcaster Road, York | 3 star hotelfrom $113
- Handy for town and good value.
- Poor standard, staff untrained in the art of customer relations
- Holiday Inn "Style"
Station Road, York | 3 star hotelfrom $147
- The Shambles - don't go
- Awful, don't waste your money!!
- A perfect weekend
Tadcaster Road, York | 4 star hotelfrom $167
- So-So hotel
- Pleasant but not central
Fishergate, York | 3 star hotelfrom $131
- Probably not again
- There must be better
- Highly recommend the Novotel York
One Tower Street, York | 3 star hotelfrom $162
- What a disapointment - will never return
- How dare they call this a hotel!!! B&B would be too much
- Location, location, location ...
Micklegate, York | 3 star hotelfrom $76
- Hen weekend
- Good value, reliable
- Great budget hotel in York
53 Picadilly, York | 3 star hotelfrom $130
St. Maurices Road, York | 1 star hotelfrom $144
- Lovely place to stay
- Don't Expect a Bed for the Night!!
- A very welcoming place to stay!
Queens Staith, York | 2 star hotelfrom $109
- "Great for the price"
- Good value and position
- Never mind the customer!
15 Saint Peters Grove, York | 4 star hotelfrom $136
77 the Mount, York | 2 star hotelfrom $81
- Woeful !
- DO NOT STAY HERE !
- Some of the hotel staff were just plain rude!
The Mount, York | 3 star hotelfrom $77
- Great Hotel
- Beautiful hotel but disappointing room
Malton Road, York | 3 star hotelfrom $120
Skeldergate, York | 1 star hotelfrom $143
- Quiet, convenient and tired
- Mixed opinions
- The worst hotel in the UK?
3 Bootham Terrace, York | 3 star hotelfrom $149
- Average Overpriced Hotel
- Lovely little hotel !
- Clean basic good location,overpriced for small family room
1 Clifton, York | 4 star hotelfrom $162
- A average dinner experience
- Petit Dejeuner!
- Fantastic stay
Clifton Green, Clifton | 3 star hotelfrom $100
Shipton Road, York | Hotelfrom $81
147 Mount Vale, York | 2 star hotelfrom $140
- What's the fuss!? We loved it!
- Could have been great, sadly it was poor
- Had a brilliant stay
90 Piccadilly, York | Hotelfrom $88
- Looking a wee bit tired
- Satisfactory stay at the York Travelodge
- Cheap and nice location
65 Bootham, York | 3 star hotelfrom $147
- Rooms have grand names, but grand hotel it is not!!!
- Lovely service and food, bed was horrible!
- FANTASTIC! (and I'm fussy!)
Duncombe Place, York | 4 star hotelfrom $203
- Great location
- In need of a kick up the backside
- Excellent Location and Friendly Staff
Bishopthorpe Rd, York | 4 star hotelfrom $224
- Nothing to write home about.
- First class service and cuisine
- Exellence meets near Perfection
89 The Mount, York | Hotelfrom $199
- LOVELY HOTEL FIRST CLASS
- Perfect chill out in York
- Perfetto per rilassarsi a York
White Rose Close - York Business Park, York | Hotelfrom $124