Best Western Ambassador Hotel
TripAdvisor Reviews Best Western Ambassador Hotel York
Travel Blogs from York
... feeling going to somewhere that you can't really imagine! I've looked at pictures for months of Vietnam and can't believe we will be there this time tomorrow! First stop is Ho Chi Minh city (formerly Saigon) which by all accounts sounds mental! I'm a bit concerned I may get run over crossing the road! There are even tips online of the best way ...
... thinking and doing and hoping for...and fearing... The ruined abbey is there as a result of the beloved king I keep hearing about all over England and Scotland - Henry VIII and his order to demolish abbeys - we can only imagine the impact of the demolition of a whole lifestyle for so many people right here in York. I headed to the museum for some education, contributed to the donation box as usual and, as I walked through the entry, ...
... remembers that the mill was sold by the last of the Waltons to Joseph Carson in around 1920. He's not sure when the mill moved from the river into a warehouse - probably somewhere in the 1930s or 40s. He knows Byard's Lodge and Stockwell Lodge, but has not known that Waltons ever lived there and has never socialised with any Waltons except Ronald Walton, who was the same age as Dennis, went to the same school and played cricket ...
... of food from Mediterranean to Asian Fusion to "American", Mexican, Chinese, and a huge desert bar with ice cream and a chocolate fountain. We were informed that we could only stay an hour and a half and I could see why. The food was really good and, in some cases, was cooked right there on the spot for you. We'll save tomorrow when we don't have to eat out.
Tomorrow we will tour York and do a Ghost walk in the evening!
... has changed now. There are even a lot of sex offences, its
the tourists who come to York affect you in any way?
-Yes its very good for us, especially in
the summer people come and buys lots of stuff, which helps us.
you think York will change in the coming years?
- It’s hard to tell, a lot of supermarkets
open and ...
Other places to stay in York
North Street, York | 4 star hotelfrom $130
- Not a 4 star!!
- Kind-of dumpy and overpriced
- Perfectly fine, but not insipring.
Tadcaster Road, York | 3 star hotelfrom $113
- Handy for town and good value.
- Poor standard, staff untrained in the art of customer relations
- Holiday Inn "Style"
Station Road, York | 3 star hotelfrom $147
- The Shambles - don't go
- Awful, don't waste your money!!
- A perfect weekend
Tadcaster Road, York | 4 star hotelfrom $100
- So-So hotel
- Pleasant but not central
Fishergate, York | 3 star hotelfrom $131
- Probably not again
- There must be better
- Highly recommend the Novotel York
One Tower Street, York | 3 star hotelfrom $162
- What a disapointment - will never return
- How dare they call this a hotel!!! B&B would be too much
- Location, location, location ...
Micklegate, York | 3 star hotelfrom $76
- Hen weekend
- Good value, reliable
- Great budget hotel in York
53 Piccadilly, York | 3 star hotelfrom $130
St. Maurices Road, York | 1 star hotelfrom $144
- Lovely place to stay
- Don't Expect a Bed for the Night!!
- A very welcoming place to stay!
Queens Staith, York | 2 star hotelfrom $109
- "Great for the price"
- Good value and position
- Never mind the customer!
15 Saint Peters Grove, York | 4 star hotelfrom $136
77 the Mount, York | 2 star hotelfrom $81
- Woeful !
- DO NOT STAY HERE !
- Some of the hotel staff were just plain rude!
The Mount, York | 3 star hotelfrom $77
- Great Hotel
- Beautiful hotel but disappointing room
Skeldergate, York | 1 star hotelfrom $143
- Quiet, convenient and tired
- Mixed opinions
- The worst hotel in the UK?
Malton Road, York | 3 star hotelfrom $120
3 Bootham Terrace, York | 3 star hotelfrom $149
- Average Overpriced Hotel
- Lovely little hotel !
- Clean basic good location,overpriced for small family room
1 Clifton, York | 4 star hotelfrom $162
- A average dinner experience
- Petit Dejeuner!
- Fantastic stay
Clifton Green, Clifton | 3 star hotelfrom $100
Shipton Road, York | Hotelfrom $81
147 Mount Vale, York | 2 star hotelfrom $140
- What's the fuss!? We loved it!
- Could have been great, sadly it was poor
- Had a brilliant stay
90 Piccadilly, York | Hotelfrom $88
- Looking a wee bit tired
- Satisfactory stay at the York Travelodge
- Cheap and nice location
65 Bootham, York | 3 star hotelfrom $99
- Rooms have grand names, but grand hotel it is not!!!
- Lovely service and food, bed was horrible!
- FANTASTIC! (and I'm fussy!)
Duncombe Place, York | 4 star hotelfrom $203
- Great location
- In need of a kick up the backside
- Excellent Location and Friendly Staff
10 Fortune Boulevard, Milford | 3 star hotelfrom $199
Bishopthorpe Rd, York | 4 star hotelfrom $224
- Nothing to write home about.
- First class service and cuisine
- Exellence meets near Perfection
White Rose Close - York Business Park, York | Hotelfrom $124