Best Western Ambassador Hotel
Travel Blogs from York
... surround the city.
York is located at the junction of the Rivers Ouse and Foss. York has a rich heritage and has been in existence for 2000 years. The city was founded by the Romans as Eboracum in 71 AD. It became the capital of the Roman province of Britannia Inferior, and later of the kingdoms of Northumbria and Jorvik.
The day was spent exploring the city. There are a number of well touristed areas. The city offers many ...
Today started off great, we woke up! It really only went one way after that. We had decided to go to Horsham St Faiths this morning. We loaded the car and headed off on the Carman trail again. Driving along the road we were coming up to an island in the middle of the road at the same time as a cyclist. Not wanting to kill the cyclist I swerved to avoid him and hit the high kerb at 30mph. Not good. The front tyre ...
... made our way to watch the World Cup game in a local pub. What an experience that was! Everyone was cheering and yelling, especially with that game that ended in a 7-1 Germany win against Brazil. It was the worst loss in World Cup history. Interesting facts: When it rains, it pours The minster costs £20,000 a day to run The creator and maker of kitkat is in York There are tons of Canadian ...
... the clergy men and parishioners would walk past hear her and walk on. Everyone was so fearful of the plague that they chose to ignore the cries of a 6yr old girl. When someone finally entered the house, the little girl had died. She has not died from the plague, she had died from starvation. She never had the plague. That is how fearful everyone was in those days.
The tour guide asked the question who was the person/people who acted the ...
... of things, we wandered over to Clifford's Tower where we had a look from the outside and we wanted to go for tea near the river. Unfortunately the tea house was closed so we went to TCS coffee shop as it had started to rain. We had chips and sandwich here, the lady made the chips in front of us which were freshly made from potatoes, my friend had pot of tea and I had lovely cup of coffee. There were few locals but no tourists at this coffee house, ...
TripAdvisor Reviews Best Western Ambassador Hotel York
Other places to stay in York
North Street, York | 4 star hotelfrom $130
- Not a 4 star!!
- Kind-of dumpy and overpriced
- Perfectly fine, but not insipring.
Tadcaster Road, York | 3 star hotelfrom $113
- Handy for town and good value.
- Poor standard, staff untrained in the art of customer relations
- Holiday Inn "Style"
Station Road, York | 3 star hotelfrom $147
- The Shambles - don't go
- Awful, don't waste your money!!
- A perfect weekend
Tadcaster Road, York | 4 star hotelfrom $167
- So-So hotel
- Pleasant but not central
Fishergate, York | 3 star hotelfrom $131
- Probably not again
- There must be better
- Highly recommend the Novotel York
One Tower Street, York | 3 star hotelfrom $162
- What a disapointment - will never return
- How dare they call this a hotel!!! B&B would be too much
- Location, location, location ...
Micklegate, York | 3 star hotelfrom $76
- Hen weekend
- Good value, reliable
- Great budget hotel in York
53 Picadilly, York | 3 star hotelfrom $130
St. Maurices Road, York | 1 star hotelfrom $144
- Lovely place to stay
- Don't Expect a Bed for the Night!!
- A very welcoming place to stay!
Queens Staith, York | 2 star hotelfrom $109
- "Great for the price"
- Good value and position
- Never mind the customer!
15 Saint Peters Grove, York | 4 star hotelfrom $136
77 the Mount, York | 2 star hotelfrom $81
- Woeful !
- DO NOT STAY HERE !
- Some of the hotel staff were just plain rude!
The Mount, York | 3 star hotelfrom $77
- Great Hotel
- Beautiful hotel but disappointing room
Malton Road, York | 3 star hotelfrom $120
Skeldergate, York | 1 star hotelfrom $143
- Quiet, convenient and tired
- Mixed opinions
- The worst hotel in the UK?
3 Bootham Terrace, York | 3 star hotelfrom $149
- Average Overpriced Hotel
- Lovely little hotel !
- Clean basic good location,overpriced for small family room
1 Clifton, York | 4 star hotelfrom $162
- A average dinner experience
- Petit Dejeuner!
- Fantastic stay
Clifton Green, Clifton | 3 star hotelfrom $100
Shipton Road, York | Hotelfrom $81
147 Mount Vale, York | 2 star hotelfrom $140
- What's the fuss!? We loved it!
- Could have been great, sadly it was poor
- Had a brilliant stay
90 Piccadilly, York | Hotelfrom $88
- Looking a wee bit tired
- Satisfactory stay at the York Travelodge
- Cheap and nice location
65 Bootham, York | 3 star hotelfrom $147
- Rooms have grand names, but grand hotel it is not!!!
- Lovely service and food, bed was horrible!
- FANTASTIC! (and I'm fussy!)
Duncombe Place, York | 4 star hotelfrom $203
- Great location
- In need of a kick up the backside
- Excellent Location and Friendly Staff
Bishopthorpe Rd, York | 4 star hotelfrom $224
- Nothing to write home about.
- First class service and cuisine
- Exellence meets near Perfection
89 The Mount, York | Hotelfrom $199
- LOVELY HOTEL FIRST CLASS
- Perfect chill out in York
- Perfetto per rilassarsi a York
White Rose Close - York Business Park, York | Hotelfrom $124