Best Western Ambassador Hotel
No availability found through our partners. Please contact the business directly or check some of our recommended alternatives.
TripAdvisor Reviews Best Western Ambassador Hotel York
Travel Blogs from York
Everything is now set to go. Just charging this ipad for the airport check. Sadly, we have to say goodbye to Katie Moragh. She is suspicious as there is a suitcase in the hall and her food and other "doggy" essentials are in the basket at the foot of the stairs ready for her to go to become an Honorary Pitman. Raggy the Airedale and KM will be pals tomorrow. We leave home at 7a.m. so early brekkie and off to the station and Manchester ...
... after Christmas and into the New Year. There are also loads of photos of the family, especially the children, scattered throughout the house, a really lovely touch. Thursday again was cold and wet, so I managed to get in to York and do some shopping. It seems that all my toiletries are running out at exactly the same time, so a trip to Boots was needed to stock up. Yesterday was another curled up in front of the fire reading day, quite a satisfactory way to end the ...
... made combs out of deer antlers. They found fossilised head lice in the combs they discovered. We had a look at York Minster, which is a huge old cathedral. It had lots of stained glass windows and big paintings. Then we went for a walk around on the city walls, which were built by the ...
Today we went to Robin Hoods bay and walked along the beach looking for. Fossils but didn't find any. Then we went and had lunch , then went back to the beach to have another look. But we didn't find anything in that part of the bay either. We looked in rock pools and found hermit crabs. Then I built a sandcastle with Isabella, who is only 3. Then mum went to Sainsburys, which is a supermarket, whilst I finished nano virus on plague ...
... past the ruins of the keep of Scarborough Castle and St Marys Church to overlook the main promenade of South Bay, before returning to the car park.
On the way to tonight's stopover, we ducked into Castle Howard: the ancestral home of the Howard family for over 300 years, and the iconic location for the TV series 'Brideshead Revisited' (as well as various episodes of Blackadder). Although the house had closed for the day, we ...
Other places to stay in York
North Street, York | 4 star hotelfrom $130
- Not a 4 star!!
- Kind-of dumpy and overpriced
- Perfectly fine, but not insipring.
Tadcaster Road, York | 3 star hotelfrom $113
- Handy for town and good value.
- Poor standard, staff untrained in the art of customer relations
- Holiday Inn "Style"
Station Road, York | 3 star hotelfrom $147
- The Shambles - don't go
- Awful, don't waste your money!!
- A perfect weekend
Tadcaster Road, York | 4 star hotelfrom $167
- So-So hotel
- Pleasant but not central
Fishergate, York | 3 star hotelfrom $131
- Probably not again
- There must be better
- Highly recommend the Novotel York
One Tower Street, York | 3 star hotelfrom $162
- What a disapointment - will never return
- How dare they call this a hotel!!! B&B would be too much
- Location, location, location ...
Micklegate, York | 3 star hotelfrom $76
- Hen weekend
- Good value, reliable
- Great budget hotel in York
53 Picadilly, York | 3 star hotelfrom $130
St. Maurices Road, York | 1 star hotelfrom $144
- Lovely place to stay
- Don't Expect a Bed for the Night!!
- A very welcoming place to stay!
Queens Staith, York | 2 star hotelfrom $109
- "Great for the price"
- Good value and position
- Never mind the customer!
15 Saint Peters Grove, York | 4 star hotelfrom $136
77 the Mount, York | 2 star hotelfrom $81
- Woeful !
- DO NOT STAY HERE !
- Some of the hotel staff were just plain rude!
The Mount, York | 3 star hotelfrom $77
- Great Hotel
- Beautiful hotel but disappointing room
Malton Road, York | 3 star hotelfrom $120
Skeldergate, York | 1 star hotelfrom $143
- Quiet, convenient and tired
- Mixed opinions
- The worst hotel in the UK?
3 Bootham Terrace, York | 3 star hotelfrom $149
- Average Overpriced Hotel
- Lovely little hotel !
- Clean basic good location,overpriced for small family room
1 Clifton, York | 4 star hotelfrom $162
- A average dinner experience
- Petit Dejeuner!
- Fantastic stay
Clifton Green, Clifton | 3 star hotelfrom $100
Shipton Road, York | Hotelfrom $81
147 Mount Vale, York | 2 star hotelfrom $140
- What's the fuss!? We loved it!
- Could have been great, sadly it was poor
- Had a brilliant stay
90 Piccadilly, York | Hotelfrom $88
- Looking a wee bit tired
- Satisfactory stay at the York Travelodge
- Cheap and nice location
65 Bootham, York | 3 star hotelfrom $147
- Rooms have grand names, but grand hotel it is not!!!
- Lovely service and food, bed was horrible!
- FANTASTIC! (and I'm fussy!)
Duncombe Place, York | 4 star hotelfrom $203
- Great location
- In need of a kick up the backside
- Excellent Location and Friendly Staff
Bishopthorpe Rd, York | 4 star hotelfrom $224
- Nothing to write home about.
- First class service and cuisine
- Exellence meets near Perfection
89 The Mount, York | Hotelfrom $199
- LOVELY HOTEL FIRST CLASS
- Perfect chill out in York
- Perfetto per rilassarsi a York
White Rose Close - York Business Park, York | Hotelfrom $124