Best Western Ambassador Hotel
No availability found through our partners. Please contact the business directly or check some of our recommended alternatives.
TripAdvisor Reviews Best Western Ambassador Hotel York
Travel Blogs from York
... is a great roman wall that goes around the city, reminds me of the Great Wall of China. We stared out by just walking around and sightseeing. Later on in the day we went to google to see the landmarks to catch a bus too. Turns out we hit them all just walking. Such a beautiful town, very old ...
... a container. 1 pound, refrigerated section, bug and meat in a container. It looks repulsive! And it's good for a month. Lettuce, tomato, mustard, perfect for two uses! I got a comment from a local, I would NEVER eat that. I know I usually don't eat meat, so i should be happy about this, but I'm not. Upon reading the ingredients I come across, 54% chicken. What the hell is the other 45% Off to bed now, earplugs and all. Locked the door! I'll tell you later how this experience ...
... the minster.
the tourists coming to York bothering you?
- They bring money into the city, so it’s
hard to be bothered by them
do you do for a living?
- I work at the railway station, which is a
pretty nice job
... I then headed to the walls again, got back on top and walked along it. I got off the walls at Micklegate and walked down the main street back to where the hostel was. I used the hostel to use the toilet and then went next door to a sandwich shop to pick up lunch.
I ate my lunch returning to the wall. At the wall was the Henry 7th museum. Like the Richard 3rd museum it was small but interesting. I had a quick look and ...
... back to the hostel, checked in and then went to my room. This hostel had no lift and my room was at the top of the building. Up 80 stairs, carrying my luggage, not a fun thing to do. I found my room and unpacked. I also meet my roommates. Two Aussie girls who had been staying in the same hostel in Edinburgh, but we never saw each other because it was a big place. I did some reading and then tried to use the WiFi in the room. That failed so ...
Other places to stay in York
North Street, York | 4 star hotelfrom $130
- Not a 4 star!!
- Kind-of dumpy and overpriced
- Perfectly fine, but not insipring.
Tadcaster Road, York | 3 star hotelfrom $113
- Handy for town and good value.
- Poor standard, staff untrained in the art of customer relations
- Holiday Inn "Style"
Station Road, York | 3 star hotelfrom $147
- The Shambles - don't go
- Awful, don't waste your money!!
- A perfect weekend
Tadcaster Road, York | 4 star hotelfrom $167
- So-So hotel
- Pleasant but not central
Fishergate, York | 3 star hotelfrom $131
- Probably not again
- There must be better
- Highly recommend the Novotel York
One Tower Street, York | 3 star hotelfrom $162
- What a disapointment - will never return
- How dare they call this a hotel!!! B&B would be too much
- Location, location, location ...
Micklegate, York | 3 star hotelfrom $76
- Hen weekend
- Good value, reliable
- Great budget hotel in York
53 Piccadilly, York | 3 star hotelfrom $130
St. Maurices Road, York | 1 star hotelfrom $144
- Lovely place to stay
- Don't Expect a Bed for the Night!!
- A very welcoming place to stay!
Queens Staith, York | 2 star hotelfrom $109
- "Great for the price"
- Good value and position
- Never mind the customer!
15 Saint Peters Grove, York | 4 star hotelfrom $136
77 the Mount, York | 2 star hotelfrom $81
- Woeful !
- DO NOT STAY HERE !
- Some of the hotel staff were just plain rude!
The Mount, York | 3 star hotelfrom $77
- Great Hotel
- Beautiful hotel but disappointing room
Malton Road, York | 3 star hotelfrom $120
Skeldergate, York | 1 star hotelfrom $143
- Quiet, convenient and tired
- Mixed opinions
- The worst hotel in the UK?
3 Bootham Terrace, York | 3 star hotelfrom $149
- Average Overpriced Hotel
- Lovely little hotel !
- Clean basic good location,overpriced for small family room
1 Clifton, York | 4 star hotelfrom $162
- A average dinner experience
- Petit Dejeuner!
- Fantastic stay
Clifton Green, Clifton | 3 star hotelfrom $100
Shipton Road, York | Hotelfrom $81
147 Mount Vale, York | 2 star hotelfrom $140
- What's the fuss!? We loved it!
- Could have been great, sadly it was poor
- Had a brilliant stay
90 Piccadilly, York | Hotelfrom $88
- Looking a wee bit tired
- Satisfactory stay at the York Travelodge
- Cheap and nice location
65 Bootham, York | 3 star hotelfrom $147
- Rooms have grand names, but grand hotel it is not!!!
- Lovely service and food, bed was horrible!
- FANTASTIC! (and I'm fussy!)
Duncombe Place, York | 4 star hotelfrom $203
- Great location
- In need of a kick up the backside
- Excellent Location and Friendly Staff
89 The Mount, York | Hotelfrom $199
- LOVELY HOTEL FIRST CLASS
- Perfect chill out in York
- Perfetto per rilassarsi a York
Bishopthorpe Rd, York | 4 star hotelfrom $224
- Nothing to write home about.
- First class service and cuisine
- Exellence meets near Perfection
White Rose Close - York Business Park, York | Hotelfrom $124