Best Western Ambassador Hotel
No prices found through our partners. Please contact the business directly or check some of our recommended alternatives.
TripAdvisor Reviews Best Western Ambassador Hotel York
Travel Blogs from York
Down the the M40 motorway, 6 lanes of traffic and our first stop is at Oxford for a coffee and stretch the legs. Guess what, no hassle at the checkout everyone speaks English.
Continue on to Stratford upon Avon, Avon being a river where we have a group photo for the tour and a couples photo as well with Anne Hathaway's cottage in the background.
Left in the car alone at 1.00 pm. Kathleen has a hen party today so I am going to drive down to London and meet her at Heathrow tomorrow. Arrive at Premier Inn at Pontefract at 8.00 pm. Just in time to watch the end of the Champions League final between Barcelona and Juventus. Barcelona win of ...
Up and out by 9:30 to catch the train to York. As it was Saturday and we were unaware, we hadn't reserved specific seats and found almost every one had been booked by someone for some portion of the journey. After being bounced out of three different seats at different times, JR ended up in a different carriage halfway thru the trip. One stupid chick left her case out in the aisle next to me, which tripped one young man with a full can of beer, which shot a large stream of lager ...
... with limited reception it was as good as useless. Although it did manage to take us a rather circuitous route when it was working and then effectively dumped us in the middle of nowhere. Lucky we had a trusty paper map, and we managed to navigate ourselves out of trouble. The Yorkshire Dales were beautiful, but unfortunately there is nowhere to stop to get photos, so our memories will have to do. Today I had my first turn at ...
The second day was our only full day in York, as tomorrow we are heading to Edinburgh. So we spent the morning in the York Abbey. It is colossal! It also has some of the best stain glass that I have seen thus far in my journey. We passed on the tower tour, because they were not running until the afternoon, but I imagine that would the cherry on the top of the visit. There is also a lot of history behind ...
Other places to stay in York
North Street, York | 4 star hotelfrom $130
- Not a 4 star!!
- Kind-of dumpy and overpriced
- Perfectly fine, but not insipring.
Tadcaster Road, York | 3 star hotelfrom $113
- Handy for town and good value.
- Poor standard, staff untrained in the art of customer relations
- Holiday Inn "Style"
Station Road, York | 3 star hotelfrom $147
- The Shambles - don't go
- Awful, don't waste your money!!
- A perfect weekend
Tadcaster Road, York | 4 star hotelfrom $167
- So-So hotel
- Pleasant but not central
Fishergate, York | 3 star hotelfrom $131
- Probably not again
- There must be better
- Highly recommend the Novotel York
One Tower Street, York | 3 star hotelfrom $162
- What a disapointment - will never return
- How dare they call this a hotel!!! B&B would be too much
- Location, location, location ...
Micklegate, York | 3 star hotelfrom $76
- Hen weekend
- Good value, reliable
- Great budget hotel in York
53 Piccadilly, York | 3 star hotelfrom $130
St. Maurices Road, York | 1 star hotelfrom $144
- Lovely place to stay
- Don't Expect a Bed for the Night!!
- A very welcoming place to stay!
Queens Staith, York | 2 star hotelfrom $109
- "Great for the price"
- Good value and position
- Never mind the customer!
15 Saint Peters Grove, York | 4 star hotelfrom $136
77 the Mount, York | 2 star hotelfrom $81
- Woeful !
- DO NOT STAY HERE !
- Some of the hotel staff were just plain rude!
The Mount, York | 3 star hotelfrom $77
- Great Hotel
- Beautiful hotel but disappointing room
Malton Road, York | 3 star hotelfrom $120
Skeldergate, York | 1 star hotelfrom $143
- Quiet, convenient and tired
- Mixed opinions
- The worst hotel in the UK?
3 Bootham Terrace, York | 3 star hotelfrom $149
- Average Overpriced Hotel
- Lovely little hotel !
- Clean basic good location,overpriced for small family room
1 Clifton, York | 4 star hotelfrom $162
- A average dinner experience
- Petit Dejeuner!
- Fantastic stay
Clifton Green, Clifton | 3 star hotelfrom $100
Shipton Road, York | Hotelfrom $81
147 Mount Vale, York | 2 star hotelfrom $140
- What's the fuss!? We loved it!
- Could have been great, sadly it was poor
- Had a brilliant stay
90 Piccadilly, York | Hotelfrom $88
- Looking a wee bit tired
- Satisfactory stay at the York Travelodge
- Cheap and nice location
65 Bootham, York | 3 star hotelfrom $147
- Rooms have grand names, but grand hotel it is not!!!
- Lovely service and food, bed was horrible!
- FANTASTIC! (and I'm fussy!)
Duncombe Place, York | 4 star hotelfrom $203
- Great location
- In need of a kick up the backside
- Excellent Location and Friendly Staff
89 The Mount, York | Hotelfrom $199
- LOVELY HOTEL FIRST CLASS
- Perfect chill out in York
- Perfetto per rilassarsi a York
Bishopthorpe Rd, York | 4 star hotelfrom $224
- Nothing to write home about.
- First class service and cuisine
- Exellence meets near Perfection
White Rose Close - York Business Park, York | Hotelfrom $124