Best Western Ambassador Hotel
No availability found through our partners. Please contact the business directly or check some of our recommended alternatives.
Travel Blogs from York
... the trip but she said that as the flight wasn't full she couldn't upgrade us but instead she upgraded our luggage to priority and got us the best seats she could in economy. We were really chuffed that they were so pleased to see us as It confirmed that we had got on well with them on the trip. Waving us off and wishing us a good flight we head ...
... and propagate.
The last leg of our journey was described as a very steep slope - not an understatement! After following a very narrow path for at least a mile, we had a steep descent to a rapidly flowing stream which we had to cross. Then looked up to see the path continued almost straight up. What a feeling of accomplishment to climb it!
Our reward, once again, was another terrific pub ...
Another Thursday arrived and we realized it was time to get back to our walks. It was Peter's turn to plan where we would go. After about a 45 minute drive towards Helmsley, we arrived at our destination - a walk on the moorland at ArdenHawnby Estate.
Weatherwise, the day looked promising. Temperatures were moderate and the skies were blue. England has had a very rainy winter and we were prepared ...
Sunday 23rd. Over Africa. We're on the plane now heading home, Air France this time not KL-bloody-M, so I'm full of Cahmpagne, Cognac and Camembert, feeling mellow. Robbie's watching The Great Gatsby, and I've just been listening to Led Zep on the in flight entertainment facilities. This morning the howling wind still raged across Camps Bay. The Swiss landlady at the B&B said it's quite ...
... the end of one stage of my trip, and the beginning of another. Tomorrow I am off to Durham, where I will move into residence and enjoy 12 days of freshers activities. This will certainly change the frequency and tone of my blog. Expect less frequent posts, thinner entries and probably a lot more pictures. What won't change, however, is my commitment to keeping you posted on all of the big events here in England.
Keep on reading Canada!
TripAdvisor Reviews Best Western Ambassador Hotel York
Other places to stay in York
North Street, York | 4 star hotelfrom $108
- Not a 4 star!!
- Kind-of dumpy and overpriced
- Perfectly fine, but not insipring.
Tadcaster Road, York | 3 star hotelfrom $92
- Handy for town and good value.
- Poor standard, staff untrained in the art of customer relations
- Holiday Inn "Style"
Station Road, York | 3 star hotelfrom $138
- The Shambles - don't go
- Awful, don't waste your money!!
- A perfect weekend
Tadcaster Road, York | 4 star hotelfrom $131
- So-So hotel
- Pleasant but not central
Fishergate, York | 3 star hotelfrom $105
- Probably not again
- There must be better
- Highly recommend the Novotel York
One Tower Street, York | 3 star hotelfrom $145
- What a disapointment - will never return
- How dare they call this a hotel!!! B&B would be too much
- Location, location, location ...
Micklegate, York | 3 star hotelfrom $47
- Hen weekend
- Good value, reliable
- Great budget hotel in York
53 Picadilly, York | 3 star hotelfrom $103
St. Maurices Road, York | 1 star hotelfrom $129
- Lovely place to stay
- Don't Expect a Bed for the Night!!
- A very welcoming place to stay!
Queens Staith, York | 2 star hotelfrom $89
- "Great for the price"
- Good value and position
- Never mind the customer!
15 Saint Peters Grove, York | 4 star hotelfrom $126
77 the Mount, York | 2 star hotelfrom $61
- Woeful !
- DO NOT STAY HERE !
- Some of the hotel staff were just plain rude!
The Mount, York | 3 star hotelfrom $75
- Great Hotel
- Beautiful hotel but disappointing room
Skeldergate, York | 1 star hotelfrom $132
- Quiet, convenient and tired
- Mixed opinions
- The worst hotel in the UK?
Malton Road, York | 3 star hotelfrom $99
3 Bootham Terrace, York | 3 star hotelfrom $126
- Average Overpriced Hotel
- Lovely little hotel !
- Clean basic good location,overpriced for small family room
1 Clifton, York | 4 star hotelfrom $137
- A average dinner experience
- Petit Dejeuner!
- Fantastic stay
Clifton Green, Clifton | 3 star hotelfrom $76
Shipton Road, York | Hotelfrom $81
147 Mount Vale, York | 2 star hotelfrom $108
- What's the fuss!? We loved it!
- Could have been great, sadly it was poor
- Had a brilliant stay
90 Piccadilly, York | Hotelfrom $72
- Looking a wee bit tired
- Satisfactory stay at the York Travelodge
- Cheap and nice location
65 Bootham, York | 3 star hotelfrom $126
- Rooms have grand names, but grand hotel it is not!!!
- Lovely service and food, bed was horrible!
- FANTASTIC! (and I'm fussy!)
Duncombe Place, York | 4 star hotelfrom $153
- Great location
- In need of a kick up the backside
- Excellent Location and Friendly Staff
Bishopthorpe Rd, York | 4 star hotelfrom $175
- Nothing to write home about.
- First class service and cuisine
- Exellence meets near Perfection
89 The Mount, York | Hotelfrom $167
- LOVELY HOTEL FIRST CLASS
- Perfect chill out in York
- Perfetto per rilassarsi a York
White Rose Close - York Business Park, York | Hotelfrom $112