No prices found through our partners. Please contact the business directly or check some of our recommended alternatives.
How has this hotel rated in the past?
- Continental Breakfast
- Free High-Speed Internet
- Business Services
- Fitness/Health center
- Wheelchair accessibility
Travelers also recommend:
Historical Traveler Reviews Hotel Zico Mountain View
There are much nicer places to stay
I too am amazed at some of the reviews this place has received. My non-smoking room reeked of cigarettes. The police came by in the middle of the night to arrest a guest down the hall. The walls are thin so that you hear whatever is going on in the night (like the cops busting your neighbor.) The hotel retains a dingy early 80s look and the walls look dated. On the plus side, they do short order breakfasts and the coffee is good. High speed internet works great. Consider this place a notch above the worst Motel 6 you have ever stayed at.
A very pleasant stay
Clean rooms, good service. Special thanks to Jim the Night Manager who was courteous, helpful and professional. I will look forward to staying at this Best Value Inn on my next trip to the Bay Area.
The Best of the Best
My stay at the Best Value in has been very enjoyable. I have had surgery during my stay here. I found the staff to be very helpful during my recovery. I have had no problems that couldn't be resolved in a short space of time.
This hotel has a hot breakfast every morning and the staff are happy and helpful, they even smile. :=)
I even recommend this hotel to my friends.
Good Place to Stay
I am a corporate traveller and I stay at this hotel few times a month and for me Best Value Inn has worked out the best. I am not sure about the couple of bad reviews this hotel got -- employees are friendly---the full cook-to-order breakfast in the morning is a huge plus--ya I agree the room decor needs some work, but for the price and all the values they offer I am willing to pass on that. Well try it out for yourself and hope your experience is a better one---I highly reccomend this place.
Worst Place Ever
I checked out of this property October 1st. This had to be one of the worst experiences I have ever had. The room left a great deal to be desired in decor and ombience but since I just needed a clean, quiet spot to sleep, I was hopeful this would be suitable. One of the many issues I encountered was finding a fairly new blood stain on the shower curtain which housekeeping should have noticed but obviously didn't...I felt this was pretty important so asked the desk clerk to speak to the manager and she informed me she was the manager - one person runs the motel (desk clerk, manager, etc.)... & I was told "the real manager" drops in once a day! Along with much needed maintenance & security, the worst episode concerned noise. I returned to my room on 9/30 at about 11:30pm totally exhausted from a full day of work - dropped into bed and that is when it started...From that moment until I finally fell asleep at 4:45AM there was loud noises from the room above me - sounded like a herd of elephants walking around. My calls & finally a visit to the front desk, at 3:00AM, (where the night cleak was sound asleep on a sofa) to ask for help brought no results. He did try to resolve the problem, however, he was unsuccessfull. A nice young man but obviously not prepared to deal with any out of the ordinary issues. On checking out this morning I informed the day desk clerk of the noise and all she said was "no one else complained" - I responded that it was the room above me so maybe noone else heard it! There was no "I'm sorry or anything"...Not sure if they rent by the hour but stay away from this place. It is bad news with no or poor type management & no concern for their customers. I could not move because I had reserved/prepaid this through Expedia. Live and learn but beware of Best Value Inn in Mountain View, CA.
We regret that this guest had a negative experience with our hotel. We take all comments, positive and negative, to heart and continue to strive to improve our hotel. We would like to comment on the specific concerns that this guest mentioned in her review.
1) Decor and ambience- We are currently in the process of renovating this hotel and have hired a designer to change the look and feel. While the current decor is not spectacular, we can assure you that we keep exceptionally clean rooms in complete working order and offer a great deal of value for the rates that we charge. We offer all the amenities of a full service hotel including a fully cooked made-to-order breakfast at aboslutely no extra charge.
2) Cleanliness of the rooms- Our housekeeping staff is extensively trained at cleaning hotel rooms in a safe and sanitary manner. We maintain a zero tolerance policy in these types of situations. We take every but of constructive criticism seriously and responded to this guest's concerns by completely replacing the shower curtain in that room despite not finding any evidence of blood on it. We acknowledge that the guest may have taken care of the problem prior to our housekeeping staff getting into the room the following morning. Nonetheless, we understand the seriousness of that complaint and acted swiftly as a result. Additionally it should be noted that we do have a full time maintenance person at this hotel and have never had any major maintenance issues in the past.
3) Noise levels in the room- Unfortunately, there are times when guests are overly rambunctious and make noise that disturbs their neighbors. However, in this case our staff made every attempt to locate the problem and solve it. The room above this guest was rented to a couple who were sound asleep when our staff member contacted them. Our staff member went with the guest into her room to hear for himself. He spent fifteen minutes in the room and heard nothing. Subsequently, after failing to find the root of the problem, our staff member offered to upgrade the guest and move her to a new room. The guest declined to be moved. Once again, we take all criticism to heart and worked hard to determine the nature of the guest's compaint. In this case despite not hearing any noise himself, our staff member nonetheless offered to upgrade the guest and move them free of charge. As the guest noted in her complaint, this was an "out of the ordinary" circumstance. Our hotel is set back off of the El Camino and is generally a very peaceful environment.
At the Best Value Inn & Suites, we strive to continually evaluate our hotel and improve it based on your suggestions. Like any other complaint, this one was taken to heart and we have worked to resolve any issues that came up. I would invite this guest to call the hotel directly and ask for me, Bimal, to personally discuss her experience so that we can win her back as a customer.
Best Value Inn Management
Not so hot
I can't believe some of the reviews I've seen on this site. This place is barely mediocre. My room (108) was depressing....badly in need of a paint job, and just one small picture to break up the monotony of the white walls. I felt like I was in an institution. The room badly needs a renovation. The bathroom sink was stained. The bed was comfortable, I'll give it that. But I found the Quality Inn & Suites in Mt. View a FAR better value. For just a little more money during the week, you get a much newer, better room. And on the weekends the price is the same. My advice is to spend a few more bucks and stay at the Quality Inn.
Cannot praise this excellent motel highly enough
I cannot praise this excellent motel highly enough. By far the 'best value' of my 2 week trip, at $59.
It is worth staying here even if you have a distance to travel, as you will be completely satisfied with the rooms and service from the staff.
Big room, air-con, fridge, microwave, TV and bathroom. Free use of internet in lobby- this is being extended to 6 stations!
Fantastic choice of restaurants and take-aways a short drive away on main street.
Check this out!
Incredibly friendly, warm, and courteous
I arrived in mountain view with my dad to help move in for a job in the area, and picked the Best Value Inn via a listing board service. The deal was very good, 280 for a week and breakfast included.
A week later having moved into my new apartment, all I can say is I am thankful I stayed where I did! These guys were incredibly friendly for out of staters, and by that I mean willing to tell you the darn truth about the valley area, its businesses, and hotspots. We had problem at the initial room with keys and wireless internet, and they moved us into a new room right away, no questions asked. One of the managers even provided his own wireless internet modem upon observation that my connection was having problems connecting to his setup.
The hosting was great, the cleaning people did a fabulous job of keeping the place tidy, and one of the best perks was FREE BREAKFAST. Yup, up to 9 am you could go and grab a bite to eat, and they would cook you anything from omletes and hashbrowns to pancakes.
While moving into my new permanent place of residence the manager offered to give me some of his old furniture too from a different hotel, to make the transition to this house smoother!
And after the move was made, my dad left back for the east coast, and I realized that I had left some important items at the hotel, after a simple call I was able to find that my items had been found and kept safely for pickup by a front desk attendent!
Overall they made the experience of transitioning incredibly comfortable; I would highly recommend this hotel for anyone who is looking for quality service, friendly people, and some good free breakfast while you are at it!
Great Place; firendly people
The people are great, the rooms large and clean, cooked breakfast, and super convenient location. The price is more than reasoable. This will definately be our place to stay when we are in the central Silicon Valley area.
TripAdvisor Reviews Hotel Zico Mountain View
Travel Blogs from Mountain View
... funny. They say it has been a drought and clearly they have not seen rain in a while cos everywhere we went they were banging on about a storm. The rain came straight down!! They never got the 50km wind. Forecasting it seems is a world issue to get right. Being good kiwis we had our "storm" rain coats no problems. It may clear tomorrow but ...
... Next we hike up the hill (why are there ALWAYS hills?) to Coit Tower, which to me sounds like three quarters of a naughty word. The 210 foot Coit Tower is designed in the shape of a fire-hose nozzle in a hats-off to the SF firefighters who battled blazes during the 1906 earthquake fires. It looks like a large penis, but the views are quite spectacular.
Next we again get to go down (and down and down) multiple flights of stairs, emerging at the base near the Levi headquarters. ...
At the end of a trip, I like to look back at various things I might not have blogged about but which, in retrospect, were interesting to me. Here are the ones for this trip:
- Greenland has no soil to speak of. It is all rock so infrastructure like water, electricity, etc. runs through pipes laid on the surface.
- Seagate Wireless Plus: trying this gadget out for this trip. Very handy and light weight. Used iPad as primary interface but iPhone also works. ...
Heading for Vegas Negotiated the multiple freeway deviations and made our way out of town early. Passed through very dry and rugged landscape with little sign of life other than the odd truck stop and many cars and trucks. Fascinating and quite different to OZ. Arrived in Vegas around 2pm and found our hotel with ease but actually finding check ...
... Bay views from the park rivals the action on the field.
Where one of baseball's most hallowed franchises plays inside an architectural landmark.
On the tour of the ballpark, you will ...