TripAdvisor Reviews Beekman Apartments New York City
Travel Blogs from New York City
Forgot! Dinner last night.....sensational!! Wandered aimlessly looking for pizza. (I'd made a vow that I was eating pizza every night in New York.) We walked a few blocks & we found this great place in Chelsea called Jo's & we bought pizza by the slice. No tables & chairs, just a small round table in the centre that we stood at. Shared it with a family from Albany visiting their grown daughter who lived in NY. We told them we were going to Albany so ...
... was better. Lightweight stuff--serial murdering hero a la Sweeny Todd, but very entertaining.
Tomorrow we're going to see a staged version of Shakespeare's Sonnets in Brooklyn at the Academy of Music. I'm skeptical, as I suppose they will drag in all the pseudo-autobiographical **** that I hate, but we shall see! At least we will eat dinner at Olea, a theater-weekend tradition with us, and always something to look forward to.
... works, what she does, who she works with, who her boyfriend (was) as she has just split up, how long they were going out, what she wanted from the relationship....you get the picture. Funny really. They also have this idea that NY is at the centre of the universe and even though they know logically you can actually leave- why would you?
But enough of the melodrama, none of that detracts from this amazing, vibrant, alive city! I love this place. When the washing ...
... Bryant Park on the corner. The park was packed as there is a mid summer film festival happening right now but the atmosphere was amazing! I then walked to Grand Central Station. It's not called grand for nothing!! After a good wander round and dodging the rush hour commuters, I went to the Magnolia Bakery for a slice of cake (especially because it's the bakery Carrie Bradshaw loves in Sex and The City!) and in line I got chatting to a woman who has just employed a ...
Other places to stay in New York City
Midtown East, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $218
- Great value and great hotel!
- Good Location, Average Hotel
- Fabulous hotel!
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $220
- Great Value, Nice Room
- Loved it!
- Nice hotel, but ...
Garment District, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $213
- Hated it!!!
- Native NY'er says "These rooms are perfect for the price!"
- Good choice
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $211
- Great Ambiance
- Hudson Horrors
- Won't Be Back
Theater District - Times Square, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $274
- Review of ny sheraton
- Typical sheraton...nice place
- Very Nice Establishment!
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $237
- Small room
- Cool Hotel
- Not up to the usual W standards
Theater District - Times Square, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $294
- You call this a modern hotel?
- Always stay at the W Times Square!
- The most happening place in the city- Great Location
Upper East Side, New York City | 5 star hotelfrom $418
- Looooove the Pierre
- If your looking for an 'escort', this seemed the place to be..
- Not up to Four Seasons Standards
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $256
- Loved the New York Marriott East Side
- Good stay at the Marriott
- Had and enjoyable stay
Midtown, New York City | 2 star hotelfrom $209
- Nonsense-- Have Stayed Here 4 Time, Just Fine
- Know what you're getting
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $289
- Great Value, Great Location
- Great Location, great hotel
- Great Location
Upper West Side, New York City | 2 star hotelfrom $159
- Not so nice.
- Great F*kin holiday!
- Quality Hotel on Broadway Needs to Reflect Name
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $270
- Great stay!!!
- First class hotel in the heart of Manhattan
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $256
- Loved Shula's!
- Great for convention, subpar for Westin
- Excellent in every way!
Midtown Center, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $336
- The only way to see New York
- Revisiting a New York treasure
- Fit for a king... but you had to be one!
Tudor City, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $211
- Comfortable, small, quiet
- Good, but no cigar
- A tranquil oasis in the city that new sleeps !
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $198
- Excellent Room and hotel
- Loved the Sheraton Manhattan
- I loved NY
Theater District - Times Square, New York City | 2 star hotelfrom $199
- Worth the money
- Pleasantly suprised
- Great Stay
Koreatown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $278
- Wonderful experience at the Holiday Inn Martinique
- Nothing wrong with this hotel
- Loved new york, but not The Martinique
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $265
- This Hotel Is A 4Star Disappointment!
- I expect more for my money
- Would not reccomend it to anyone
Upper West Side, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $231
- Great hotel for lower Central Park West
- Nice Look but lacking atmosphere
Clinton, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $219
- Really good!
- Good location but...
- Clean, comfortable, good location
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $194
- Very good value!
- Just tolerable
- Why so negative?
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $261
- Absolutely Fabulous
- Just okay
- One of my favorites!
Midtown, New York City | 5 star hotelfrom $340
- Good upgrade from the Rhiga
- Only OK
- Above and beyond
Midtown, New York City | 1 star hotelfrom $150
- Dont Say here!
- Stay away from this hotel!!!
- Horrible? No!