Bayside Walk Cottage
Travel Blogs from San Diego
... Diego began. Much like any town in the early 1800's you can find the jail, bank, store, hotel and church which in this case was the first of 21 missions. The evening ended with a wonderful dinner on the aircraft carrier USS Midway. We were entertained by a Bob Hope impersonator and the Andrew Sisters. If that wasn't enough it was all capped of by a fireworks show off the bow of the deck. WOW what a ...
... the animals in the zoo. We went searching in the zoo store for t-shirts, but no good ones. Our ticket came with a free ride on the aerial tram, so we decided to take the tram over the zoo to where it ends by the polar bears, and check out some of the gift shops on the way back to the entrance. It turned out the zoo store sold every t-shirt that was available at any of the gift shops we looked at. So by the end, Jody got a snow leopard shirt and I got nothing. ...
... everyone was back in B.C.
Dan invited Maureen and Larry to join us for a dinner of spaghetti and meatballs. We had a fine evening that included an on-speaker telephone call to our mutual friend Valerie in Burnaby. Maureen, Valerie, and Dan had worked together for many years at Peace Arch Community Services.
Pangea Gifts, in Pacific Beach, is a very cool gift store with something for everyone. We picked up some draft beer flavoured Jelly Bellies for Larry then ...
... But now, every merchant is in their own glass-enclosed little store. It is typical of the way that the Chinese "fix" things. They modernize and lose all the cultural significance and charm that a place once had. It is still fun to shop here, just not as much as it once was. I love how the vendors yell at you -- either to come into their store or to come back when they haven't lowered the price enough. I just bought a "Rolex" for $30. I got 3 for $25 each 9 years ago, so not ...
... in the hire car they gave us the wrong cord so it went flat and we had to do a U turn and head back to Target at Westfield and get some free WIFI so I could direct brad to the hotel. Arrived here and went to the gym. After the gym we put some washing on, had showers and then went to Hunters steak house for tea. Brad enjoyed his first steak for the trip. Came back to the room and watched a movie. Seaworld tomorrow I am very excited! Night ...
Other places to stay in San Diego
Core-Columbia, San Diego | 3 star hotelfrom $141
- It was a holiday inn....
- Holiday Inn - never again!
- Good experience in September
Old Town/Hotel Circle, San Diego | 4 star hotelfrom $196
- Not my choice
- Wonderful Staff, Excellent Hotel
- Not worth the PRice
Horton Plaza, San Diego | 5 star hotelfrom $218
- Beautifully restored hotel.
- Truly 5 Star experience
- One of the Nicest Hotels We have Stayed at!
Core-Columbia, San Diego | 4 star hotelfrom $160
- Very poor customer communication
- Great location and service
- Poor Customer Service!
Old Town/Hotel Circle, San Diego | 3 star hotelfrom $81
- Shuttles are great
- Not What Expected
- Disgusted with treatment of military personal
411 Hotel Circle South, San Diego | 3 star hotelfrom $89
- Very small room
- Ok at best
- Best Western 7 Seas is an excellent choice
La Jolla, San Diego | 5 star hotelfrom $178
- Decent stay, but could use a little updating
- Wasn't that bad
- Investment needed
Midway District, San Diego | 3 star hotelfrom $156
- Paradise Found at the West Tower
- $14.00 parking fee for overnight guests???
- Bad attutude Manager named Dave
Mission Beach/Pacific Beach, San Diego | 4 star hotelfrom $197
- Absolutely not worth the money
- Good Hotel
- Overpriced - don't recommend
Carmel Valley, San Diego | 3 star hotelfrom $155
- Great Hotel!
- Great hotel- near I-5
- Great Hotel
University City, San Diego | 3 star hotelfrom $175
- Great Hotel!
- Our New San Diego Area Hotel
- I expected more.
Old Town/Hotel Circle, San Diego | 3 star hotelfrom $142
- Great Family Vacation!
- Bad room assignments
- Great Rom and Friendly Staff
Barrio Logan, San Diego | 4 star hotelfrom $181
Old Town/Hotel Circle, San Diego | 3 star hotelfrom $151
- Spacious room, lacking service
- Pricey but OK
- Great stay at the Sheraton Suites San Diego!
Central San Diego, San Diego | 5 star hotelfrom $198
- Beautiful Hotel, Beautifully Managed
- An Enjoyable Stay
- You can't go wrong.
Core-Columbia, San Diego | 4 star hotelfrom $194
- !Never Stay There Again!
- Stay maybe...eat...no way...
- Not worth it
Old Town/Hotel Circle, San Diego | 3 star hotelfrom $126
- A big thumbs-up on this hotel--I would definitely stay again.
- Pretty good
- Not glamorous
Mission Valley East, San Diego | 3 star hotelfrom $154
- Beautiful hotel, Very Helpful staff.
- You will not believe this
- Loved this Doubletree!
3737 Sports Arena Boulevard, San Diego | 3 star hotel$174 average
- Pleasantly surprised
- A Disappointing experience
- Great Vacation- would return again
Old Town/Hotel Circle, San Diego | 3 star hotelfrom $148
ดินแดง, San Diego | 3 star hotelfrom $147
Old Town/Hotel Circle, San Diego | 3 star hotelfrom $77
- Loved the Town and Country
- Definitely stay again
- Good Value for the $$$
Marina, San Diego | 3 star hotelfrom $199
- A wonderful place to stay
- Wonderful and Relaxing Getaway
- Great value
Mission Valley East, San Diego | 3 star hotelfrom $142
- Great deal at the Del Mar Hilton
- Very nice!
- We will return !
Rancho Bernardo, San Diego | 5 star hotelfrom $196
- Not a 4 or 5 star at all!!
- Nice place for the price
- Distinctly average
East Village, San Diego | 5 star hotelfrom $187
- Don't stay at the lower level or bring an ear plug
- Two thumbs up!
- Great Room, Great Rate