BEST WESTERN Blue Ridge Plaza
How has this hotel rated in the past?
- Continental Breakfast
- Free High-Speed Internet
- Swimming pool
- Business Services
- Wheelchair accessibility
TripAdvisor Reviews BEST WESTERN Blue Ridge Plaza Boone
Travel Blogs from Boone
... British physician, comes to the Colony of Carolina to study the dreaded disease smallpox, bringing his wife, Martha, and their teenage son, Jack.In May of 1771, a band of North Carolina colonists who call themselves “Regulators” take up arms against the British authorities and Governor William Tryon. After being soundly defeated at the Battle of Alamance Creek, the band of ragtag rebels and their families are forced to ...
- Bethel Baptist Church puts on a Bethel Blast every 4th of July. They furnish pulled pork, baked beans, cole slaw, rolls, bottled water, soda, various desserts and watermelon. Local bands play in the big tent and fireworks at dark thirty. All this is free! ...
- It is amazing that this town has a 4th of July parade every year with the most simple of floats and entries and the whole town turns out and appreciates it as much as a Macy's parade. You can certainly feel the American pride and patriotism in this town.
- After the parade free watermelon and cake (made by the local bakery) are served on the lawn of the Jones ...
Back in Durham we were able to pay a visit to Cam's place of work and meet with his work colleagues. His office is in the redeveloped American Tobacco Campus. It was so good to meet his colleagues, and there was a real advantage for us as well - on Cam's return to the office after our lunch he was called into his boss's office. Together Bill and Cam then planned our six week trip north and by the time Cam came home I had links to five maps of stages and printed out directions. ...
- Met up with Jim and Darlene, who were with us on the Panama Canal cruise my sister and I took last November for lunch. They are staying in Ashville, NC so half way was Spruce Pines. We found a great restaurant for lunch.....Mountain View. It certainly lived up to their name.
- On the way back to Boone, I stopped at Linville Caverns.
- Next adventure was a trip to West Jefferson to go to the Ashe County cheese factory and get some ...