TripAdvisor Reviews Ashoka Hotel Pune
Travel Blogs from Pune
... sauce are completely mixed, and that the chicken is covered. Cover the pot, and leave to simmer whilst you do the vegetables
11. Boil peeled and sliced potatoes until soft. Drain, and return to pan. Add few splashes of milk, a bit of butter, black pepper and nutmeg. Set aside.
12. Steam carrot batons for 3 minutes, then add spinach ...
... to me. As we started heading back to the top of the stairs, a boy came up and asked for a picture.
And, well, it happened all over again.
With all of the commotion, it was handy that Jijoy was using the camera at this point, because a scrum of kids came beaming up: "Owar yoo?" "What is yoor name?" "Just one photo please?"
Everyone left with at least one photo, and about 10 minutes later, Jijoy, Karma and I were waving bye-bye to the crowd. A ...
... peanuts. Ground to paste, removing the shell is optional.
1. Fry cumin seeds in oil until they begin to crackle
2. Add nut paste and stir until heated. It should have a sloppy texture.
3. Add salt until it "tastes good"
4. Add diced onion.
5. After 5 mins add chopped chilies. Wait until onion goes brown
... Karma, who Jijoy says "can be a little boisterous". Right on cue a four year old boy comes bounding from the bed to grapple onto his Dad.
"He's a bit of a cheeky monkey" I said, to which Karma, who is learning English immediately found hilarious.
"Cheeky monkey? Cheeky monkey! No you the cheeky monkey!"
I calmly assured Karma that in fact he was the cheeky monkey out of the two us, to which he politely rebutted. This was a ...
... After a short wander around a couple of malls we went to an area of many offices, which is where many big companies are such as British gas and aviva. In the centre of all the offices was a lovely park, where we sat for a while, listening to the patriotic Indian songs pumping out of the speakers.
It was such a lovely and relaxing day. I'm so lucky to have met such lovely people already, and a shame I'm already leaving them, but I shall return again one day!