Art Panorama Hotel Roma
Travel Blogs from Rome
... time to see everything.
A few of the highlights of the Musei Vaticani:
- Laoco÷n and His Sons (Gruppo del Laocoonte) - This sculpture is thought to have been created around 40 BCE, and it depicts the Trojan priest, Laoco÷n, and his sons being strangled by a sea serpent. This piece was rediscovered in the 16th century, and Michelangelo was brought in to help reconstruct it. It's a masterpiece, ...
... is not so reliable. We headed back to the flat around 7pm to meet our host since we had been having some problems with the wifi connection. Roberto came over and after unable to fix the problem he enjoyed some wine with us on the balcony, it was really fun talking with him and discussing the differences of Italy from other parts of the world. While out on the balcony, a lady from across the courtyard in another apartment yelled something really loud in Italian and ...
... got a few scant flurries. Our arrival was somewhat less than climatic. We stumble into the station, spot the golden arches, and break down. This is the first time I've succumbed to American food, and I am not ashamed to admit it was delicious. We were fully warm for what seemed to be the first time in this country, and feasting on Big Macs. Life is sweet.
It was just the teensiest bit humiliating to conform to such a firm stereotype (though as I said, no ...
... I really feel spoiled to be seeing one of my favorite spots in Europe for the third time and have a totally new experience there. After being away from the sea for 3 whole days, I can't wait to jump right into the Mediterranean and share the perfection with my Canadian sidekick! For now, I better strap on the good old backpack and get going, there's pesto waiting to be eaten and wine waiting to be drank! Updates from the next destination soon to ...
... meal is worth 40 minutes... of course walking around for 40 minutes you get to witness the amazing real life of the Romans... sitting around a fountain, drinking a beer, or kicking around a ball like a hackey sack, or driving a scooter up a pedestrian laden street, or finding little knick knack stores that pique your interest. all worth a 40 minute dinner delay....
Well, needless to say this restaurant we waited for, Le Carbonara.... totally exceeded all expectations, it came ...
TripAdvisor Reviews Art Panorama Hotel Roma Rome
Other places to stay in Rome
Viale Castello Della Magliana 65, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $93
- Good deal if you don't mind the location
- Spacious, convenient, affordable way to start/end trips
- Good ending to our Italy trip
Vatican City, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $149
- Central to all the major sites in Rome
- Hot, Noisy, You Can Do Better
- Nice but noisy
EUR, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $106
- Enjoy your stay, don't make a fuss about the distance !
- Good hotel, very friendly staff
- Depends on your priorities -- I liked the hotel a lot
Monte Mario, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $465
- Treated like royalty
- The Cavalieri Hilton is Outstanding
Historic Center, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $340
- Top Notch Hotel
- Westin Excelsior March 2004
- Fantastic Empire stile hotel
Historic Center, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $174
- A great hotel for a city break
- If you want to be next door to the station...
- Not really a 4* hotel
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $101
- Bad impression
- Thank you Trip Advisor! Spot on!
- Good hotel, questionable location!
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $140
- $$ = what you get
- Near city with a pool
- Acceptable but not great
Ciampino Airport, Rome | 2 star hotelfrom $92
Vatican City, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $150
- Visconit Palace - Excellent Value
- Good location & Reasonably priced
- Good hotel
Via Colonnello Tommaso Masala 54, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $132
- Very Nice Hotel Outside Center of Rome
- Really outside town
- Disorganised expense
Ardeatino, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $210
Castro Pretorio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $96
- Great service!
- Rome Is Calling Me Back
- What a Load of Rubbish
Historic Center, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $305
- EXCELLENT IN EVERY WAY
- Loved it
Appio Claudio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $62
Via Prenestina, 944, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $72
- A good stopping point - on your way to city centre
- One miserable experience after the other
- Not recommended
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $67
- Do not go
- This hotel is hell on Earth
- Great for tour group
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $70
- Great Hotel! Loved it!
- Great hotel
- Great hotel
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $115
- Very good hotel in a quiet place!
- Nice, but too far from major attractions
- The Villa in the Pines
EUR, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $80
- Great hotel but not for tourists
- Una mala ubicaciˇn, un buen hotel
- Un hotel muy bueno
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $159
- Refurbished Rooms
- Come on! It wasn't that bad.
- Not a **** hotel!!!!
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $92
- Great Value
- A great hotel in great grounds
- Simply Fabulous!
Historic Center, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $124
- Perfect location
- Very Central
- Great location
Historic Center, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $66
- Poor time at the Porta!
- Loved our stay here
- Very noisy hotel
Suburbio Aurelio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $83
- Generally good
- NOt very central to the sights
EUR, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $71