Andrea on Sea Hotel
No prices found through our partners. Please contact the business directly or check some of our recommended alternatives.
Travel Blogs from Barbados
... font-size: 17px; line-height: normal; -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto;">
As we left Barbados the taxi driver was grilling us to make sure we had had a good time and asking if we had already booked to return next year. You have to admire the locals for their constant promotion of their country. Next stop will be our final destination ...
3 hrs, 4 kms Up a ridge is a nice wooded park around the ruins of a colonial estate. There's an entrance fee for cars but... for pedestrians its free! I knew walking everywhere would pay off eventually... From the top of the ridge I get a nice view of the Atlantic coast. There are some hills, wooded areas and villages spaced well apart--quite a contrast with the overcrowded ...
... unimposing. Many were what are called 'chattel houses' small wooden or concrete 'movable' cottages derived from slave quarters. The bus ride was bumpy; the roads are in terrible shape, and again according to Mona, not likely to be improved any time soon.
We had heard more about the island from John Chandler, last night's host and dinner partner, who said straight out what our guide had perhaps only implied: for example, that the country is ...
... and her four kittens were hiding in the bushes so Matt and I had "seconds" of chicken… After lunch we drove along the coast past Speightstown and Holetown – the ritzier part of the island before getting back to Bridgetown. We were the second last drop-off and were absolutely buggered! We tried a local restaurant serving Bashian food called “Sweet Potatoes”. Most local dishes either include fish or chicken and they do a great curry chicken.
... to Ushuaia on 13th January 2006.
As we hadn't managed to do the tour of Kensington Oval when we arrived here, we decided to make that our first stop after breakfast. We had to be out of our cabin by 8.00am anyway, so we left our bags in the Arena theatre for safekeeping, then took a walk to the famous cricket ground which opened for tours at 9.00am. So we were their first visitors of the day :-)
Other places to stay in Barbados
Needham's Point, Saint Michael | 5 star hotelfrom $181
- Excellent hotel and wonderful staff
- First Class Resort
- Fantastic Hotel
Hastings, Hastings | 3 star hotelfrom $280
- Decent hotel & good locati…
- Wonderfully ROMANTIC and GREAT Service
- Worst Service Ever Pathetic
PO Box 429, Paynes Bay | 4 star hotelfrom $237
- Not very luxurious...
- Sadly disappointed
- Don't come here if you want good service
Rockley at Accra Beach, Christ Church | 3 star hotelfrom $122
Porters, St. James, Porters | 4 star hotelfrom $257
- Nice Hotel
- Our day at the colony club
- Just loved it
Maxwell Main Road, Christ Church | 3 star hotelfrom $89
- Not bad for what you get
- The worst hotel I've ever stayed in
- Recently Returned from Barbados
Rockley Beach 1, Christ Church | 3 star hotelfrom $108
- A Dump
- Beautiful, Friendly and Romantic....
- Would recommend!
Maxwell Coast Road, Christ Church | 3 star hotelfrom $335
- Amemorable two weeks
- November paradise
- We've found paradise at the seabreeze
2nd Street, Holetown | 3 star hotelfrom $300
- OK hotel in a great position
- Best holiday ever, Have been TWICE
- Incredible staff
\N, Christ Church | 3 star hotelfrom $87
Porters, St. James | 4 star hotelfrom $458
- Faultless - 11th September 2004
- The best hotel in Barbados
\N, Christ Church | 3 star hotelfrom $94
- Good accomodations for the price, but........
- The Best Place I ever stayed.
St. James Beach, St. James | 3 star hotelfrom $228
- A day pass to use their be…
- Discovery Bay is A-OK
- Great place to stay
Palm Avenue, Sunset Crest | 3 star hotelfrom $80
Paynes Bay, St. James | Hotelfrom $280
- Friendly nicely presented
- Dinning in a sauna!!!!!!
- Poor mans hotel
Maynards, Saint Peter | 3 star hotelfrom $134
Paynes Bay, St. James | 4 star hotelfrom $265
- Eigentlich nicht so toll
- Understated luxury for those in the know
- Shame about the Cruise Ships
Oldbury, Saint Philip | Hotelfrom $111
St. Lawrence Gap, St Lawrence Gap | 3 star hotelfrom $95
- Fantasic views, ideal location
- Had a great time at the Ocean South Gap
- Awesome view!
Holetown, St. James | 5 star hotelfrom $476
- Great place
- The best holiday we have ever had
Mullins Bay, Barbados | 2 star hotelfrom $123
Holetown, St. James | 4 star hotelfrom $294
- Beautiful setting...
- Fantastic little hotel / "villa" complex
- Perfect for families and couples looking for relaxation!
Sunset Crest, St. James | 3 star hotelfrom $102
Paynes Bay, St. James | 4 star hotelfrom $290
- Stay at The House . . . Refinance yours!
- Great Concept, Staff, Just Needs a little Polish
- An Upgrade, but needs more attention
Long Bay, Saint Philip | 3 star hotelfrom $69