Ancelle Amore Misericordioso Hotel
Travel Blogs from Rome
... Titus' victories, which included the seige of Jerusalem. Amazingly, this arch inspired the Arc de Triomphe in Paris!
Our tour of the Roman Forum continued down to the Arch of Constantine, which is the most recent surviving triumphal arch and was erected by the Senate to celebrate Constantine I's victories.
The first structure you see as you ...
... one hike. Now I just need to add one more town and a couple dozen more kilometres and I can create a "Rome Superhike". But first, Iet’s check out the Tibertina cemetery on the other side of the street.
Cemeteries often give fascinating clues into the culture, and Tibertina cemetery turns out to be my most fascinating cemetery to date. It’s more than a cemetery—it’s more like a City of the Dead, with its own internal ...
... as people might find things in the drain at the MCG in years to come and make judgements on our culture (or lack thereof). The items they found include toothpicks made of bone, and peach and cherry pips that looked just like the ones my stone-fruit loving brother used to leave everywhere when we were young. Such day to day items that we still see today (although my tooth picks have never been bone, but ...
... sight-seeing. It was about 2 p.m. by now and we took an underground subway to Piazza del Popolo to start our walk around Rome. I’ve been in New York subways so it didn’t really bother me but Lynnette was slightly concerned with being underground in a dark, semi-deserted train station. We made it on the underground bus just fine and managed to get off at the right stop.
First thing we saw when we climbed the stairs back up to to enter the real above ground ...
... sale, the guy came down to 130 euros for a supposedly 390 euro purse! The sales pitch was a highlight for the boys, it was quite a show!
At this point in the game I really couldn't make up my mind about any of the purses I'd seen, so ended up not buying anything, same thing that happended in Venice! oh well, I'll just have to go again to try to find one ;-)
We sat for a few minutes on the steps of Lan Lorenzo then walked upVia del Melarancio
to the train ...
TripAdvisor Reviews Ancelle Amore Misericordioso Hotel Rome
Other places to stay in Rome
Viale Castello Della Magliana 65, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $93
- Good deal if you don't mind the location
- Spacious, convenient, affordable way to start/end trips
- Good ending to our Italy trip
Vatican City, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $149
- Central to all the major sites in Rome
- Hot, Noisy, You Can Do Better
- Nice but noisy
EUR, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $106
- Enjoy your stay, don't make a fuss about the distance !
- Good hotel, very friendly staff
- Depends on your priorities -- I liked the hotel a lot
Monte Mario, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $465
- Treated like royalty
- The Cavalieri Hilton is Outstanding
Historic Center, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $340
- Top Notch Hotel
- Westin Excelsior March 2004
- Fantastic Empire stile hotel
Historic Center, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $174
- A great hotel for a city break
- If you want to be next door to the station...
- Not really a 4* hotel
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $101
- Bad impression
- Thank you Trip Advisor! Spot on!
- Good hotel, questionable location!
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $140
- $$ = what you get
- Near city with a pool
- Acceptable but not great
Ciampino Airport, Rome | 2 star hotelfrom $92
Vatican City, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $150
- Visconit Palace - Excellent Value
- Good location & Reasonably priced
- Good hotel
Via Colonnello Tommaso Masala 54, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $132
- Very Nice Hotel Outside Center of Rome
- Really outside town
- Disorganised expense
Ardeatino, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $210
Castro Pretorio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $96
- Great service!
- Rome Is Calling Me Back
- What a Load of Rubbish
Historic Center, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $305
- EXCELLENT IN EVERY WAY
- Loved it
Appio Claudio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $62
Via Prenestina, 944, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $72
- A good stopping point - on your way to city centre
- One miserable experience after the other
- Not recommended
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $67
- Do not go
- This hotel is hell on Earth
- Great for tour group
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $70
- Great Hotel! Loved it!
- Great hotel
- Great hotel
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $115
- Very good hotel in a quiet place!
- Nice, but too far from major attractions
- The Villa in the Pines
EUR, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $80
- Great hotel but not for tourists
- Una mala ubicación, un buen hotel
- Un hotel muy bueno
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $159
- Refurbished Rooms
- Come on! It wasn't that bad.
- Not a **** hotel!!!!
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $92
- Great Value
- A great hotel in great grounds
- Simply Fabulous!
Historic Center, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $124
- Perfect location
- Very Central
- Great location
Historic Center, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $66
- Poor time at the Porta!
- Loved our stay here
- Very noisy hotel
Suburbio Aurelio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $85
- Generally good
- NOt very central to the sights
EUR, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $71