Travel Blogs from Amsterdam
Where to start? I had such an amazing time in Holland...or is it the Netherlands? After dropping my stuff off at the hostel on Saturday I went for a long walk around Amsterdam with my camera. I took picture after picture of buildings as they are all so unique. Add in all the waterways and it makes for some awesome pictures. After a few hours of …
We arrived in Amsterdam in the early evening and found our hostel without incident. The next day we headed into the city to see the sights. We started out at the Waterloopein Flea market, but we were apparently earlier risers than the fleas, because it wasn't yet open. So, instead we wandered around taking pictures of the drunkenly-tilting …
... and waffles topped with fruit, powdered sugar, chocolate and/or whipped cream. We could not resist. Hannah got a strawberry-topped waffle and Kyle got a powdered sugar waffle. This was the absolute BEST waffle we’ve ever had…SO GOOD!!! After we finished eating, we did a little shopping before it was time to hop on the boat.
We took a ferry across to another little village called Marken. We walked through the little town to ...
... the little street festival and then dinner, where Quinn promptly fell asleep at the table drinking her milk. Ripley of course was still raring to go so we took a walk to Poppa and Nona's. Well this was quite a hit walking around at night if you can imagine looking at the people and bikes and boats a young boy's dream. Ripley does love his transportation which they have in abundance in Amsterdam, he also does not seem to mind the Dutch cartoons.
... we have gone with the intention of going somewhere only to find a great little bar or whatever on the way and end up having a Gezellig afternoon enjoying a few fine beers instead!!”; “…you won't achieve it until you get rid of this silly idea that the aim on any particular day is to do anything! You will know you have achieved your gezellig ...
TripAdvisor Reviews Amigo Hotel Amsterdam
Other places to stay in Amsterdam
Centre, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $194
- Stay Away
- Great value and truly very comfortable!
- Club Rooms do the job
Burgwallen-Nieuwe Zijde, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $171
- Seemed fine to me
- Underrated and can be good value
- Stay elsewhere
Museumplein/Vondelpark, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $60
Zeeburg, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $161
- Still has teething problems
- Very Pleasant
- Not a bad choice..
Buitenveldert-Oost, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $124
- A great choice for my family
- Comfortable and clean - no surprises
- Good Hotel
Centre, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $199
- Excellent Hotel, Room, service and Value!
- Stayed 4 times
- Really a 4 star.
Centre, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $203
- Good comfort but boring
- Chain Charming
- Request an Apartment Unit
Amsterdam South, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $69
De Pijp, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $223
- Disappointing hotel - not worth 5 stars
- A Very Nice Stay
- Its much better than portrayed
ZuidOost (Business District), Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $136
- A good Business Hotel
- Great service, clean hotel, reasonably priced
- Friendly service
Apollobuurt, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $198
- All the Hilton Perks
- Peace and Quiet
- Everything we expect from Hilton - and more
Amstel, Amsterdam | 3 star hotelfrom $90
Amstel, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $89
Museumplein/Vondelpark, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $243
- Especially liked the health club!
- Great rate, nice hotel, good location
- The most comfortable bed ever.
Centre, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $131
- Our first hotel stay in Amsterdam, it was brilliant!
- Nice hotel but...
- Excellent Location
Sloten en Riekerpolder, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $92
- Not Enough focus on the customers needs
- Nice hotel
- Pleasant room, but all the problems of a new hotel
Centre, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $232
- Beautiful, Wonderful Amrath
- Schönes, wundervolles Amrath
- What an experience!
Canal Belt/Rembrandtplein, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $235
- They treated me like a relative
- Perfect Location - aweful service!
Centre, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $201
- We would stay again without a doubt
- Nothing special
- Great Hotel in Good Location!
Canal Belt/Rembrandtplein, Amsterdam | 3 star hotelfrom $147
- Above Average European Hotel
- Not what we expected
- OK, but some problem at the check in time
Canal Belt/Rembrandtplein, Amsterdam | 3 star hotelfrom $112
- Overrated and Overpriced
- Loved the Eden Hotel
- Ordinary and overpriced
Distelkade 21, (formerly Golden Tulip City North), Amsterdam | Hotelfrom $100
Centre, Amsterdam | 3 star hotelfrom $101
- Would stay again
- A great stay!
- Great Hotel, Great People, Great City
Westlandgracht, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $113
Museumplein/Vondelpark, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $150
- Great Hotel, Great People, Great City therefore Great Time!
- LOVED IT!!!
- Great hotel
Apollolaan 2, (formerly Le Meridien Apollo), Amsterdam | Hotelfrom $220
- Basement Dungeon to Junior Suite
- Good average hotel
- Nice room, mediocre restaurant