Ames, A Morgans Orginal Hotel
TravelPod Member ReviewsAmes, A Morgans Orginal Hotel Boston
This hotel is stunning, the service fantastic, the location awesome. Every little detail so clearly evident in the interiors, down to the selection for the mini bar, etc. Highly recommend and would always go back.
This review is the subjective opinion of a TravelPod member and not of TravelPod.com.
TripAdvisor Reviews Ames, A Morgans Orginal Hotel Boston
Travel Blogs from Boston
... history told to me because I was sick of reading. Also the guide had an entertaining twitch so I could watch for that when I got bored. Boston massacre site: just outside the old state house. A true example of how media can shape how a world perceives history. Old South meeting house: really old building. Had an interactive map of the town and where things went down. Faneuil marketplace: random souvenirs. Quincy market: good food. Mitch and GK had some ...
... to campus. The pool was really really cold and the temperature outside was a balmy 50 degrees, but it was so much fun. I think it gave Kendall a good taste of college life! The next night we went to the Rocky Horror Picture Show with NU Stage (the group that does Urinetown). It was a performance with a shadow cast so other people were performing under the movie. It was hilarious! We were out until 3 in the morning and were absolutely exhausted when we had to get Kendall back ...
The is a great walking tour of the historic parts of Boston, and I enjoyed the Freedom Trail well some parts of it at least. You can pay and join a tour led by a docent wearing a historic garb or just grab a free map at their booth and walk at your pace. It's an awesome way to discover the rich history of Beantown jam packed into a two-mile walk. The path is clearly laid out with red bricks along the 2.5 mile trail through Boston. The trail starts in ...
... it is less beautiful than the Harvard campus, probably because it is not as 'traditional'. Look out for the video on my Facebook wall of the Tetris 'prank' down a side of a building. Pretty amazing really. In the evening, we went to a charity event for 'The Bridge Centre' which is a charity for children with special needs. Comedy improv is huge in Boston and one of Georgine's friends was in a group in the show. They were hilarious and so clever...asking the audience to ...
... always surprising for some reason - who else though would've been wearing a Sky Blue training top?
We wandered around the common for a bit, before retiring to the comfort of the world's largest shopping mall. Had some tea and cake before heading back to the hotel. We had hoped to meet up with someone Jamie knew but the lag on facebook messaging meant that by the time we'd tried to sort where and when we would meet up, ...
Other places to stay in Boston
Back Bay/Fenway, Boston | 3 star hotelfrom $252
- Great place, great location.
- WOW! It was great!!!!
- Loved the Hilton
East Boston, Boston | 4 star hotelfrom $215
- Great Hotel
- Not sound-proof!
Chinatown / Leather District, Boston | 4 star hotelfrom $232
- Mediocre at best
- We'll Go Back Again
- Can't complain
Downtown, Boston | 3 star hotelfrom $243
- Rip Off
- Overall satisfaction...
Back Bay/Fenway, Boston | 4 star hotelfrom $312
- OK, but not what I'd expect for the price.
- Heavenly beds and great service!
- A litltle dated
Back Bay, Boston | 3 star hotelfrom $190
- Not a romantic hotel
- The room was a closest!
- An ok place-Stayed there 8/1-3/2002
Back Bay/Fenway, Boston | 3 star hotelfrom $259
- Enjoyed the Sheraton
- Great for a ballgame or a Meeting
- Disappointed save for the great rate
Back Bay, Boston | 4 star hotelfrom $279
- CLean, clean, clean
- Try another hotel
South Boston, Boston | 4 star hotelfrom $230
- Poor service
- Shameful for a Westin Hotel
- Westin Waterfront Just "OK"
Downtown, Boston | 4 star hotelfrom $302
- Great hotel, great location
- What a great bed!
Back Bay/Fenway, Boston | 4 star hotelfrom $325
- AWESOME!!! You have to experience this place!
- Our 40th anniversary weekend...
- Nice hotel, excellent staff
Back Bay/Fenway, Boston | 4 star hotelfrom $266
- Great value!
- Wonderful Boston Experience!
- Great Value
Downtown, Boston | 5 star hotelfrom $306
- Nice but certainly no wow factour.
- Very Nice Experience with an exception
- We liked the intercontinental (even in the snow)
Beacon Hill, Boston | 3 star hotelfrom $244
- Okay unless you have a problem
- Great Staff, great stay at the Holiday Inn Select
- Good location but overpriced
West End, Boston | 4 star hotelfrom $334
- An all around EXCELLENT hotel
- Chiudetemici dentro e buttate via la chiave!
- Lock me up and throw away the key!
Downtown, Boston | 4 star hotelfrom $229
- Omni Parker House - great place
- Omni as wonderful
- £95 well spent!!!
South Boston, Boston | 4 star hotelfrom $258
- Some disadvantages
- Very nice hotel
- Super Seaport
Back Bay/Fenway, Boston | 4 star hotelfrom $282
- Ducks in Beantown
- Beantown Bliss
- Best Kept Secret -TIP
Allston/Brighton, Boston | 3 star hotelfrom $198
- Non smoking room was smoking and close to nothing
- Save Yourself and Stay Away
South Boston, Boston | 4 star hotelfrom $239
Downtown, Boston | 4 star hotelfrom $276
- Wyndham Boston, Great hotel, wonderful service
- Excellent location, great value!
- Best Hotel in Boston
Logan Airport, Boston | 3 star hotelfrom $190
- Caution, caution, caution
- Helpful and convenient, but not a great hotel
- Not Reliable
Back Bay/Fenway, Boston | 3 star hotelfrom $205
- If you go here be prepared....
- Worst Hotel Experience Ever
- Best hotel, best value
Back Bay/Fenway, Boston | 4 star hotelfrom $261
- Super Property
- Almost perfect, except for the constant door slamming
- Great stay!
Logan Airport, Boston | 4 star hotelfrom $209
- Brilliant for a short stay
- Next time...no thank you...
- Convenient location - nice stay
Logan Airport, Boston | 3 star hotelfrom $204
- We Will Pass on this Embassy Suites in the Future
- Nice But Too Expensive