Ames, A Morgans Orginal Hotel
No availability found through our partners. Please contact the business directly or check some of our recommended alternatives.
TravelPod Member ReviewsAmes, A Morgans Orginal Hotel Boston
This hotel is stunning, the service fantastic, the location awesome. Every little detail so clearly evident in the interiors, down to the selection for the mini bar, etc. Highly recommend and would always go back.
This review is the subjective opinion of a TravelPod member and not of TravelPod.com.
TripAdvisor Reviews Ames, A Morgans Orginal Hotel Boston
Travel Blogs from Boston
... and a trip to Trevor’s mates place to play some board games which was a lot of fun.
Oh jesus. The backstreet boys just came on. (I secretly think this is awesome;) Definitely not trying not to sing along. Nope.)
That night in the hostel I had a pretty extensive chat with an older lady who was very interesting indeed. She told me about how she has traveled all over the world and lived in many different places. She was definitely ...
... in Boston. Well...actually, that isn't true. I technically met Jess afterwards at the Green Dragon when we went out drinking with everyone from the wedding, as you do. Jess's brother knew the groom and was at the wedding, Jen Angelo (below) and I knew the bride and the rest is history. Jess was in bookclub with me for many years, is mom to a sweet black lab named Abby, is an excellent baker and an afficionado of all things sweet.
... the we could already tell the architecture was interesting and the streets are clean. It
had been raining although still 18C. We would've enjoyed the walk much
much more if it wasn't for the grumbling bellies! Eventually we found 'The
Original Rattlesnake Bar'.
We stepped off the empty street and
into a cosy Bar where 'the game' was on, people sitting along the bar,
chatting, laughing ...
... After this the Mayflower ended up with 102 passengers. Half were the separatists who King James allowed to return to England from Leiden, Holland where they had taken refuge after he banished them. In the evening we returned to the Plantation cinema to join 5 others to watch Tracks in a lovely cinema. This was a story of Robyn Davidson who trekked 2000 miles across Australia with her dog and 4 camels, occasionally meeting up with a National Geographic cameraman to record the feat. ...
... and taco (Brent). We walked back to Brent's building, left him and we walked to MIT. We crossed the Charles River Dam Bridge, stopped for a bun and coffee at Au Bon Pain. We found MIT, which has less than memorable campus, really no campus just a bunch of urban buildings scattered around. We walk back across the Harvard Bridge in a stiff wind. Student sailboats and two crew boats were out anyway. We came back through center of Back Bay, the Common (with a short break), ...
Other places to stay in Boston
Back Bay/Fenway, Boston | 3 star hotelfrom $252
- Great place, great location.
- WOW! It was great!!!!
- Loved the Hilton
East Boston, Boston | 4 star hotelfrom $215
- Great Hotel
- Not sound-proof!
Chinatown / Leather District, Boston | 4 star hotelfrom $232
- Mediocre at best
- We'll Go Back Again
- Can't complain
Downtown, Boston | 3 star hotelfrom $243
- Rip Off
- Overall satisfaction...
Back Bay/Fenway, Boston | 4 star hotelfrom $312
- OK, but not what I'd expect for the price.
- Heavenly beds and great service!
- A litltle dated
Back Bay, Boston | 3 star hotelfrom $190
- Not a romantic hotel
- The room was a closest!
- An ok place-Stayed there 8/1-3/2002
Back Bay/Fenway, Boston | 3 star hotelfrom $259
- Enjoyed the Sheraton
- Great for a ballgame or a Meeting
- Disappointed save for the great rate
Back Bay, Boston | 4 star hotelfrom $279
- CLean, clean, clean
- Try another hotel
South Boston, Boston | 4 star hotelfrom $230
- Poor service
- Shameful for a Westin Hotel
- Westin Waterfront Just "OK"
Downtown, Boston | 4 star hotelfrom $302
- Great hotel, great location
- What a great bed!
Back Bay/Fenway, Boston | 4 star hotelfrom $325
- AWESOME!!! You have to experience this place!
- Our 40th anniversary weekend...
- Nice hotel, excellent staff
Back Bay/Fenway, Boston | 4 star hotelfrom $266
- Great value!
- Wonderful Boston Experience!
- Great Value
Downtown, Boston | 5 star hotelfrom $306
- Nice but certainly no wow factour.
- Very Nice Experience with an exception
- We liked the intercontinental (even in the snow)
Beacon Hill, Boston | 3 star hotelfrom $244
- Okay unless you have a problem
- Great Staff, great stay at the Holiday Inn Select
- Good location but overpriced
West End, Boston | 4 star hotelfrom $334
- An all around EXCELLENT hotel
- Chiudetemici dentro e buttate via la chiave!
- Lock me up and throw away the key!
Downtown, Boston | 4 star hotelfrom $229
- Omni Parker House - great place
- Omni as wonderful
- £95 well spent!!!
South Boston, Boston | 4 star hotelfrom $258
- Some disadvantages
- Very nice hotel
- Super Seaport
Back Bay/Fenway, Boston | 4 star hotelfrom $282
- Ducks in Beantown
- Beantown Bliss
- Best Kept Secret -TIP
Allston/Brighton, Boston | 3 star hotelfrom $198
- Non smoking room was smoking and close to nothing
- Save Yourself and Stay Away
South Boston, Boston | 4 star hotelfrom $239
Downtown, Boston | 4 star hotelfrom $276
- Wyndham Boston, Great hotel, wonderful service
- Excellent location, great value!
- Best Hotel in Boston
Logan Airport, Boston | 3 star hotelfrom $190
- Caution, caution, caution
- Helpful and convenient, but not a great hotel
- Not Reliable
Back Bay/Fenway, Boston | 3 star hotelfrom $205
- If you go here be prepared....
- Worst Hotel Experience Ever
- Best hotel, best value
Back Bay/Fenway, Boston | 4 star hotelfrom $261
- Super Property
- Almost perfect, except for the constant door slamming
- Great stay!
Logan Airport, Boston | 4 star hotelfrom $209
- Brilliant for a short stay
- Next time...no thank you...
- Convenient location - nice stay
Logan Airport, Boston | 3 star hotelfrom $204
- We Will Pass on this Embassy Suites in the Future
- Nice But Too Expensive