Hotel Am Schatzbogen
Travel Blogs from Munich
... to better comprehend the legacy of the Holocaust in Munich continues tomorrow when I return to Dachau Concentration Camp. I will also have the opportunity to speak with a Holocaust survivor. So revisit the site tomorrow and I'll have another post up for you! One final note -- I'll be posting these blog entries on my website jordynparsons.com, so feel free to visit that site as well, and leave comments if you'd like.
... and we were overwhelmed! What a collection of fish, birds, dinosaurs, sea life, insects, minerals, rocks, prehistory and anthropology! There are 39 galleries and Bob & I were delighted to find an observation beehive in one! Next we went across the street to the Neue Berg Museum and saw three exhibits: Greek and Roman sculpture, ...
... man sitting in Seat 4L if he would mind moving back to 5L so she and I could sit together. The man agreed. We took our seats in 4L and 4K and enjoyed a pre-departure mimosa aboard United Flight 132.
The captain announced we’re being delayed due to weight calculations required after some extra luggage was loaded. She came on the intercom again at 5:54, 34 minutes past departure time, to say that Load Planning is recalculating the weight ...
... We managed though..JUST. Despite the tight squeeze we both slept reasonably well. Our SEARS sleeping bags served their purpose well and we didn't feel that cold overnight. I think exhaustion from a late night interview, a long flight and then an overland commute through Germany, had all helped. We rose early so we could get a bus to the grounds well before the tents opened. We wanted to be in a queue from 9am so we were guaranteed a seat when the doors burst open at 11am. ...
... night. It turns out that Thursday is a bank holiday and the hostel is booked solid. Only chance is with a last minute cancellation. Which means that I have to leave Thursday with dry washing. Which means going into the laundry room at 10pm to get the washing done and hassles with machines not working (via an incredibly patronising Russian). Finally it was done and hung up in the room in the dark before bed. This hostel bedroom even has curtains!
TripAdvisor Reviews Hotel Am Schatzbogen Munich
Other places to stay in Munich
Altstadt - Lehel, Munich | 5 star hotelfrom $439
- Great hotel in downtown Munich
- Bad, Bad, Bad, Bad !
- Hot spot!
Neuhausen - Nymphenburg, Munich | 4 star hotelfrom $153
Ludwigsvorstadt - Isarvorstadt, Munich | 5 star hotelfrom $212
- Great Location and Big Comfortable Rooms
- Great Location and beautiful hotel
- Can't wait to go back
Au - Haidhausen, Munich | 3 star hotelfrom $119
- Stay away!
- A central hotel
- Wait six months and then go
Terminalstrasse / Mitte 20, Munich | 5 star hotelfrom $174
- Excellent in every way!
- Americans- wonderful hotel for a vacation to Bavaria!!!
- Beautiful, convenient, and down comforters to boot
Schwabing - Freimann, Munich | 4 star hotelfrom $157
- Perfectly nice
- Look at the view!
- Awful location, nice hotel
Schwabing - Freimann, Munich | 4 star hotelfrom $130
Ludwigsvorstadt - Isarvorstadt, Munich | 4 star hotelfrom $136
Obersendling, Munich | 4 star hotelfrom $82
Ludwigsvorstadt - Isarvorstadt, Munich | 5 star hotelfrom $244
- Ultra-contemporary design temple with service flaws
- Too Much Tech, Not Enough Service
- Very nice...
Bogenhausen, Munich | 5 star hotelfrom $170
- Modern, Great Hotel
- First Class
- A must to avoid
Bogenhausen, Munich | 4 star hotelfrom $112
- Well, they lied, but they apologized
- Good value, positive overall.
- Nice but with some problems.
Au - Haidhausen, Munich | 3 star hotelfrom $95
Westend, Munich | 4 star hotelfrom $133
- Nice Business Hotel convenient for the U-Bahn
- Not bad - (Business Hotel)
- Expensive... Not Worth It!
Schwabing - Freimann, Munich | 4 star hotelfrom $160
- Ideal for city break. Perfect location
- Good for a business hotel
- No surprises...exactly what you'd expect...
Schwabing-Ost, Munich | 4 star hotelfrom $122
- Good for the price, but bad location
- Stay somewhere else...
- Very nice hotel, unbelievable breakfast
Au - Haidhausen, Munich | 4 star hotelfrom $148
- A class act
- Wonderful location, first class hotel, terrific and helpful staff
- An average business class hotel
Graggenau, Munich | 5 star hotelfrom $383
- A Grand Old Hotel
- Very nice, but be careful what room they put you in
- Age shows
Messestadt Riem, Munich | 4 star hotelfrom $90
Neuhausen - Nymphenburg, Munich | 3 star hotelfrom $107
Ludwigsvorstadt - Isarvorstadt, Munich | 3 star hotelfrom $180
- VEry comfortable hotel, close to munich city center
- Un fantastico soggiorno
- Un piacevole soggiorno al Marriott Courtyard
Alte Heide - Hirschau, Munich | 3 star hotelfrom $85
Maxvorstadt, Munich | 2 star hotelfrom $104
Neuperlach, Munich | 4 star hotelfrom $87
Bogenhausen, Munich | 4 star hotelfrom $72
Bogenhausen, Munich | 2 star hotelfrom $87