TripAdvisor Reviews Aloha Punawai Honolulu
Travel Blogs from Honolulu
... and live music venues. Basically it's a great destination all by itself. It's a good 15 minute stroll down from the main part of town, but after walking down there for a look we quickly realised it's less hectic and generally nicer back where we are, the beach is much wider and generally there is a good laid back vibe.
Arriving and wandering around down the beach to downtown Waikiki was another one of those odd experiences in travel. It's a place everyone has ...
... and two hurricanes so a lot of the run off had made the water murky and the skies cloudier than normal - we seemed unaffected by this at all! We took to the rocks and climbed up to the top of Chinaman's Hat and marvelled at the view. One direction points you out to sea with an endless horizon from the azure of the shallow water closest to us gradually darkening to the navy of the deep blue! Another points us back into the lush green volcano ridges of Oahu, with ...
... also did a bit of spear throwing and weaving before a huge buffet dinner! The rest of the night was dance and song performances from Hawaiian & other tribal dances from around the pacific islands. It really was a great night! A definite must to do if your in Hawaii! A last day hanging around Waikiki & our little holiday in the sun was over :( had an amazing time here and would love to come back with more time to discover the other ...
... of delectable enchiladas. Michael, you sure do make a mean one! Yum. We exchanged some stories at the dinner table and reminisced on good ol' tales of when Megan and Leigh got in trouble during their Rock n' Roll days. Pretty comical actually. Mum, you silly gal you.
Well, it's approaching 9 pm and my eyes have become heavy. I've retreated to my oasis and am beginning to fall asleep to the distant sounds coming from the luau across the street. I could get used to ...
... buses came every 30-45 minutes, though she harboured some misgivings about whether she may have also read that this changed during certain times of the day. Anyway, at roughly 1:00pm we settled our bill and walked south to the first bus stop we came across. It was, unfortunately, sited in full sun so we crossed the road to a seat outside a surf shop - we still had a good view of traffic in both directions but wouldn't be burnt to a crisp by UV rays. I ducked ...
Other places to stay in Honolulu
Waikiki, Honolulu | 3 star hotelfrom $177
- The best place we've ever stayed
- We'll definately return to the Pacific Beach Hotel
- Clean with a great location.
Waikiki, Honolulu | 3 star hotelfrom $95
- Great place
- My favourite Hotel in Hawaii
- Gone downhill
Waikiki, Honolulu | 4 star hotelfrom $230
- Nice stay
- Classy value
- Second visit
Waikiki, Honolulu | 4 star hotelfrom $242
- Very pleased
- Great Staff
- Outrigger Reef Nirvana
Waikiki, Honolulu | 4 star hotelfrom $260
- Gets better every time we stay here
- Loved the location
- Great hotel!!
Hickham, Honolulu | 3 star hotelfrom $151
Waikiki, Honolulu | 3 star hotelfrom $157
- Beautiful hotel!
- STAY AWAY! There are NO amenities
- Stay away from the Royal Garden Waikiki
Hickham, Honolulu | 3 star hotelfrom $161
- Good Location
- Good airport hotel
- A Hard Bed to Sleep On
Waikiki, Honolulu | 3 star hotelfrom $114
- Reasonable stay for the price
- If you truly have no expectations for your accomodations in Paradise, stay here!
- Superb Hawaii Hotel go stay!
Waikiki, Honolulu | 3 star hotelfrom $113
- Ohana East- Very very convenient
- It was good!
- Great location, noisy room.
Honolulu, Honolulu | 4 star hotelfrom $200
- We had a great stay!!!
- Great hotel
- Good location - wonderful view
Waikiki, Honolulu | 3 star hotelfrom $164
- Amazing Service!
- Séjour formidable, hôtel très agréable
- J'ai adoré le Wyland
South Shore, Honolulu | 3 star hotelfrom $147
- Don't believe the bad reviews!
- Awful Service
- Would go back
Waikiki, Honolulu | 3 star hotelfrom $326
- Wonderful experience!
- A very pleasant hotel stay
- Just an okay stay!!
South Shore, Honolulu | 2 star hotelfrom $106
Waikiki, Honolulu | 5 star hotelfrom $566
- A true "Leading Hotel of the World"
- Absolutely the best!
- Not What I Expected
Waikiki, Honolulu | 5 star hotelfrom $370
Waikiki, Honolulu | 3 star hotelfrom $191
- Nice Hotel!!
- Nice rooms, distant views
- Great value
Waikiki, Honolulu | 2 star hotelfrom $129
- Great Stay at the Miramar
- Reasonable and great location
- Loved the Hotel
Waikiki, Honolulu | 2 star hotelfrom $127
- The Island Colony from a resident's perspective
- Good Hotel
- Fantastic hotel!
Waikiki, Honolulu | 4 star hotelfrom $202
- Hawaii Prince Treats You Like Royalty
- Modern, High-Rise Hotel with Very Good Staff
Waikiki, Honolulu | 2 star hotelfrom $103
- Good enough for me!
- Near Beach - Great Location!
- Nice place
Waikiki, Honolulu | 3 star hotelfrom $125
- Nice location and staff
- Good location/small rooms
- Nothing fancy but ok
Waikiki, Honolulu | 3 star hotelfrom $205
- In Waikiki, it's all about location
- Waikiki Beachcomber -- Decent
- If you have to stay in Waikiki the Waikiki Beachcomber is good value.
Waikiki, Honolulu | 3 star hotelfrom $156
- 1 block from the beach!
- Clean, comfy, and close to the beach
- Nice hotel, great price/location
Waikiki, Honolulu | 3 star hotelfrom $126
- Aqua Still Needs Work
- What a difference!
- Great Hotel in the HEART of Waikiki