No prices found through our partners. Please contact the business directly or check some of our recommended alternatives.
TripAdvisor Reviews Allerton New York City
Travel Blogs from New York City
This morning we had an early walking tour of Chelsea, the Highline and Meatpacking District...it started at 9:30am, so we had to be up and out the door early. Luckily, we got over with no issues and found our way by subway to the right stop. We even arrived 10 min early! There was quite a large group, so they split us into two. (The tour was with New York Tour 1).
Our guide was a pretty funny guy named Kevin ('looks like Brad Pitt' ...
... welcome after the stiffness incurred by the long flights. There were the usual singers under the terrace, taking advantage of the good acoustics. The lake had very many turtles cruising about, sharing it with row boats and their passengers.
A ballerina looked very pretty, dancing with a background of lush green trees and grass. Before we left the park, we stopped to have chocolate Magnums in the cool shade.
... instead we wander around in walking boots and look totally out of place! After Tabitha found something to wear we jumped on the metro back to hostel where we quickly got changed to meet Swazi again at 10pm on Time Square. Swazi brought along a friend that he met on his cruise who showed us to a bar just off time square called St Andrews, a Scottish bar before moving onto an Irish bar which was the strangest place but very lively! Long day of walking so couldn't wait for bed!! Night ...
As you might in New York, we booked seats at one of the shows, "Matilda", for a Sunday matinée and then battled our way up to the MOMA, Museum of Modern Art. It was too late to do a proper viewing - maybe another day. We were becoming foot-sore and weary and looked for an early supper. An Irish bar on 7th Avenue offered simple food and a ringside seat for any of half a dozen TV football games - they love their college football!
Back through Central Park to check in at ...
... Tussands wax museum. Was amazing. Is 5 floors of people made out of wax, they have real hair. There was all the past (and present) presidents and First Ladies of United States, film stars, pop groups, Elvis, Johnny Cash, princesses and princes. Could have spent hours there is incredible they look so real. You stand in the first room and you are not sure who are wax people or who are the people just staring at them! ...
Other places to stay in New York City
Midtown East, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $218
- Great value and great hotel!
- Good Location, Average Hotel
- Fabulous hotel!
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $220
- Great Value, Nice Room
- Loved it!
- Nice hotel, but ...
Garment District, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $213
- Hated it!!!
- Native NY'er says "These rooms are perfect for the price!"
- Good choice
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $211
- Great Ambiance
- Hudson Horrors
- Won't Be Back
Theater District - Times Square, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $274
- Review of ny sheraton
- Typical sheraton...nice place
- Very Nice Establishment!
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $237
- Small room
- Cool Hotel
- Not up to the usual W standards
Theater District - Times Square, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $294
- You call this a modern hotel?
- Always stay at the W Times Square!
- The most happening place in the city- Great Location
Upper East Side, New York City | 5 star hotelfrom $418
- Looooove the Pierre
- If your looking for an 'escort', this seemed the place to be..
- Not up to Four Seasons Standards
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $256
- Loved the New York Marriott East Side
- Good stay at the Marriott
- Had and enjoyable stay
Midtown, New York City | 2 star hotelfrom $209
- Nonsense-- Have Stayed Here 4 Time, Just Fine
- Know what you're getting
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $289
- Great Value, Great Location
- Great Location, great hotel
- Great Location
215 W 94th St & Broadway, New York City | 2 star hotelfrom $100
- Not so nice.
- Great F*kin holiday!
- Quality Hotel on Broadway Needs to Reflect Name
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $270
- Great stay!!!
- First class hotel in the heart of Manhattan
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $256
- Loved Shula's!
- Great for convention, subpar for Westin
- Excellent in every way!
Midtown Center, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $336
- The only way to see New York
- Revisiting a New York treasure
- Fit for a king... but you had to be one!
Tudor City, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $211
- Comfortable, small, quiet
- Good, but no cigar
- A tranquil oasis in the city that new sleeps !
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $198
- Excellent Room and hotel
- Loved the Sheraton Manhattan
- I loved NY
Theater District - Times Square, New York City | 2 star hotelfrom $199
- Worth the money
- Pleasantly suprised
- Great Stay
Koreatown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $278
- Wonderful experience at the Holiday Inn Martinique
- Nothing wrong with this hotel
- Loved new york, but not The Martinique
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $265
- This Hotel Is A 4Star Disappointment!
- I expect more for my money
- Would not reccomend it to anyone
Upper West Side, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $231
- Great hotel for lower Central Park West
- Nice Look but lacking atmosphere
Clinton, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $219
- Really good!
- Good location but...
- Clean, comfortable, good location
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $194
- Very good value!
- Just tolerable
- Why so negative?
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $261
- Absolutely Fabulous
- Just okay
- One of my favorites!
Midtown, New York City | 5 star hotelfrom $340
- Good upgrade from the Rhiga
- Only OK
- Above and beyond
Midtown, New York City | 1 star hotelfrom $150
- Dont Say here!
- Stay away from this hotel!!!
- Horrible? No!