Alhambra Court Hotel
No prices found through our partners. Please contact the business directly or check some of our recommended alternatives.
TripAdvisor Reviews Alhambra Court Hotel York
Travel Blogs from York
We had a leisurely 15 km walk today. Conditions were cloudy to begin with but brightened over the morning as the cloud broke up into beautiful balls of cotton. We started with a climb up Round Hill, the penultimate C2C climb. Once we reached the summit we again had beautiful views across to the east and back at yesterday's path over the 3 hills. The rest of the walk was along an easy plateau. Since entering the North Yorkshire Moors the the quality of the paths ...
... 3 steep climbs (accumulatively 1000m) and descents . The gradients were tough but we were rewarded with spectacularly clear views to the north and east. For much of the time the ground to the left of the path fell away steeply giving uninterrupted cliff like views to the fields and villages 1000 ft below. The moorland itself was covered with heather, some in flower and much prettier than anything we had crossed ...
... amusement ride through a mock-up of that settlement, and museum exhibits of battle scarred Viking carcasses, weapons, gold, etc. The kids moved on to their 'Dig' where they had lots of fun excavating pre-set bones and other prizes from a glorified sandbox. Following our Viking immersion, we walked about Old York and ultimately ended up at York Minster Cathedral. Having been somewhat Cathederaled out at this point, I wasn't anticipating too ...
... that there was a payment required I encouraged our walk up the stairs, as the view from the top would be quite spectacular, but when we got there we found that there was a cost to enter - horror and dismay from Greg. We march back down the stairs and continued our walk around the wall. We continued on the walk and found that, after about two hours, we had walked nearly the circle. We left the wall and found ourselves back in the ...
... to wander around the amazing grounds and view the exterior of the beautiful buildings. Even Charlie, who is in danger of becoming 'castled out', was wowed by the spectacle of this stately home and gardens (especially the lakes!) A very special place.
Our CL tonight is a small field in a farm about 15 minutes from York. We think we'll spend a couple of nights here, which should give us plenty of time to enjoy the sights of this historic ...
Other places to stay in York
North Street, York | 4 star hotelfrom $130
- Not a 4 star!!
- Kind-of dumpy and overpriced
- Perfectly fine, but not insipring.
Tadcaster Road, York | 3 star hotelfrom $113
- Handy for town and good value.
- Poor standard, staff untrained in the art of customer relations
- Holiday Inn "Style"
Station Road, York | 3 star hotelfrom $147
- The Shambles - don't go
- Awful, don't waste your money!!
- A perfect weekend
Tadcaster Road, York | 4 star hotelfrom $167
- So-So hotel
- Pleasant but not central
Fishergate, York | 3 star hotelfrom $131
- Probably not again
- There must be better
- Highly recommend the Novotel York
One Tower Street, York | 3 star hotelfrom $162
- What a disapointment - will never return
- How dare they call this a hotel!!! B&B would be too much
- Location, location, location ...
Micklegate, York | 3 star hotelfrom $76
- Hen weekend
- Good value, reliable
- Great budget hotel in York
53 Piccadilly, York | 3 star hotelfrom $130
St. Maurices Road, York | 1 star hotelfrom $144
- Lovely place to stay
- Don't Expect a Bed for the Night!!
- A very welcoming place to stay!
Queens Staith, York | 2 star hotelfrom $109
- "Great for the price"
- Good value and position
- Never mind the customer!
15 Saint Peters Grove, York | 4 star hotelfrom $136
77 the Mount, York | 2 star hotelfrom $81
- Woeful !
- DO NOT STAY HERE !
- Some of the hotel staff were just plain rude!
The Mount, York | 3 star hotelfrom $77
- Great Hotel
- Beautiful hotel but disappointing room
Malton Road, York | 3 star hotelfrom $120
Skeldergate, York | 1 star hotelfrom $143
- Quiet, convenient and tired
- Mixed opinions
- The worst hotel in the UK?
3 Bootham Terrace, York | 3 star hotelfrom $149
- Average Overpriced Hotel
- Lovely little hotel !
- Clean basic good location,overpriced for small family room
1 Clifton, York | 4 star hotelfrom $162
- A average dinner experience
- Petit Dejeuner!
- Fantastic stay
Clifton Green, Clifton | 3 star hotelfrom $100
Shipton Road, York | Hotelfrom $81
147 Mount Vale, York | 2 star hotelfrom $140
- What's the fuss!? We loved it!
- Could have been great, sadly it was poor
- Had a brilliant stay
90 Piccadilly, York | Hotelfrom $88
- Looking a wee bit tired
- Satisfactory stay at the York Travelodge
- Cheap and nice location
65 Bootham, York | 3 star hotelfrom $147
- Rooms have grand names, but grand hotel it is not!!!
- Lovely service and food, bed was horrible!
- FANTASTIC! (and I'm fussy!)
Duncombe Place, York | 4 star hotelfrom $203
- Great location
- In need of a kick up the backside
- Excellent Location and Friendly Staff
89 The Mount, York | Hotelfrom $199
- LOVELY HOTEL FIRST CLASS
- Perfect chill out in York
- Perfetto per rilassarsi a York
Bishopthorpe Rd, York | 4 star hotelfrom $224
- Nothing to write home about.
- First class service and cuisine
- Exellence meets near Perfection
White Rose Close - York Business Park, York | Hotelfrom $124