No prices found through our partners. Please contact the business directly or check some of our recommended alternatives.
Photos of Alhambra Court
TripAdvisor Reviews Alhambra Court York
Travel Blogs from York
... feeling going to somewhere that you can't really imagine! I've looked at pictures for months of Vietnam and can't believe we will be there this time tomorrow! First stop is Ho Chi Minh city (formerly Saigon) which by all accounts sounds mental! I'm a bit concerned I may get run over crossing the road! There are even tips online of the best way ...
So, after a loooong conversation with Mr Prest, I had to rush to the train station for my journey to York. On the train, I spoke to a woman who had just put in an offer on a house in Knaresborough. She lived in a little village called Clifton, I think. Nothing for sale in Clifton, and she'd always loved visiting Knaresborough in the summer, so they took a punt and found a place they liked - fingers crossed, she gets it!
... remembers that the mill was sold by the last of the Waltons to Joseph Carson in around 1920. He's not sure when the mill moved from the river into a warehouse - probably somewhere in the 1930s or 40s. He knows Byard's Lodge and Stockwell Lodge, but has not known that Waltons ever lived there and has never socialised with any Waltons except Ronald Walton, who was the same age as Dennis, went to the same school and played cricket ...
A lovely sunny day greeted us for our drive to York. The slow A roads warranted a morning tea stop so we found a farm shop with tea rooms - so pleased we couldn't find the entrance to Maccas! Here we did morning tea English style - pot of tea with Lincolnshire plum bread. Well, plum bread turned out to be sultana bread but with a difference. Certainly helped us negotiate the drive into the heart of Lincoln to check out the minster and castle and the cobble stone streets ...
... the day program commences after we left, though did see the eagles for the birds of prey show and the horses for the jousting knights. The staff are all dressed in medieval times clothing. We thought we would venture up a turret. 75 steps to the walkway before entering the turret we got halfway up (about 200 steps further along a very steep spiral stone stairs started getting claustrophobic and backed down those 200 ...
Other places to stay in York
North Street, York | 4 star hotelfrom $227
Tadcaster Road, York | 3 star hotelfrom $113
- Least favorite hotel
- Handy for town and good value.
- Poor standard, staff untrained in the art of customer relations
Tadcaster Road, York | 4 star hotelfrom $167
- Above average
- So-So hotel
Station Road, York | 3 star hotelfrom $147
- Taste of Royalty
- The Shambles - don't go
- Awful, don't waste your money!!
4 Fishergate, York | 3 star hotelfrom $131
- Probably not again
- There must be better
- Highly recommend the Novotel York
1 Tower Street, York | 3 star hotelfrom $162
- What a disapointment - will never return
- How dare they call this a hotel!!! B&B would be too much
- Location, location, location ...
Micklegate, York | 3 star hotelfrom $107
53 Piccadilly, York | 3 star hotelfrom $130
St. Maurices Road, York | 1 star hotelfrom $144
- Lovely place to stay
- Don't Expect a Bed for the Night!!
- A very welcoming place to stay!
Skeldergate, York | 2 star hotelfrom $109
- "Great for the price"
- Good value and position
- Never mind the customer!
15 St. Peters Grove, York | 4 star hotelfrom $136
77 The Mount, York | 2 star hotelfrom $81
- Woeful !
- DO NOT STAY HERE !
- Some of the hotel staff were just plain rude!
The Mount, York | 3 star hotelfrom $77
- Great Hotel
- Beautiful hotel but disappointing room
Skeldergate, York | 1 star hotelfrom $143
- Quiet, convenient and tired
- Mixed opinions
- The worst hotel in the UK?
Malton Road, York | 3 star hotelfrom $120
- Not the best
3 Bootham Terrace, York | 3 star hotelfrom $149
- Average Overpriced Hotel
- Lovely little hotel !
- Clean basic good location,overpriced for small family room
1 Clifton, York | 4 star hotelfrom $162
- 1 night
- A average dinner experience
- Petit Dejeuner!
Clifton Green, Clifton | 3 star hotelfrom $100
- A Comfortable well locate…
Shipton Road, York | Hotelfrom $81
90 Piccadilly, York | Hotelfrom $88
- Another good Travelodge ex…
- Looking a wee bit tired
- Satisfactory stay at the York Travelodge
147 Mount Vale, York | 2 star hotelfrom $140
- What's the fuss!? We loved it!
- Could have been great, sadly it was poor
- Had a brilliant stay
65 Bootham, York | 3 star hotelfrom $147
- Rooms great but too hot ov…
- Rooms have grand names, but grand hotel it is not!!!
- Lovely service and food, bed was horrible!
Duncombe Place, York | 4 star hotelfrom $203
- Great location
- In need of a kick up the backside
- Excellent Location and Friendly Staff
89 The Mount, York | Hotelfrom $199
- LOVELY HOTEL FIRST CLASS
- Perfect chill out in York
- Perfetto per rilassarsi a York
Bishopthorpe Road, York | 4 star hotelfrom $108
- History and Comfort
White Rose Close, York | Hotelfrom $124