Alhambra Court Hotel
Travel Blogs from York
... 11th century Norman Cathedral of Durham. Unlike Westminster Abbey, the Cathedral was very decoratively clean on the inside. The windows were smaller, the construction stone more light in colour and not nearly as covered by inscriptions and tombs. Huge columns, decorated by simple patterns lined the nave and beyond. From the centre of the cross, one could see a good way up the bell tower, and made it easy to imagine what Tintern Abbey might have been like. The back of the cathedral ...
The thing about airports is, they're boring and expensive. Well, Hong Kong's not expensive but being bored does mean that I'm probably munching on something. A coffee at Hong Kong airport is about $20, which sounds like a lot. I had £15 which I swapped for HKD and I think I was given almost $200! I'm rich!! Rich an bored. I call my best friend James on Viber which is free for us and we chatted for about 20mins. It's at this moment while ...
... huge bunch of flowers from Marcus and Jenny and of course, the Miss Piggy companion for Kermit... who himself sends a very big thank you to Claire!
I would have said we are now counting the days until we leave, but Norma started that months ago...
Hi Rosina, Indi and I were sorry to see you are having so many health problems. We hope you feel better soon. I thought you may like to see some of the photos. I use a site called Travelpod and it is really good. She has been doing some schoolwork but not as much as I would like.Regards,
Mavis and Indi Clark
... largest number of medieval stained glass windows in all of England. These windows are glorious in their intense colour and intricacy. During WW 2, the tens of thousands of window panes were removed and stored in a safe place to avoid the bombing, although even the Nazis recognized its significance and beauty, so they intentionally avoided bombing it.
One last thing, and perhaps, one of the most jarring experiences of our trip, involved ...
TripAdvisor Reviews Alhambra Court Hotel York
Other places to stay in York
North Street, York | 4 star hotelfrom $106
- Not a 4 star!!
- Kind-of dumpy and overpriced
- Perfectly fine, but not insipring.
Tadcaster Road, York | 3 star hotelfrom $95
- Handy for town and good value.
- Poor standard, staff untrained in the art of customer relations
- Holiday Inn "Style"
Station Road, York | 3 star hotelfrom $133
- The Shambles - don't go
- Awful, don't waste your money!!
- A perfect weekend
Tadcaster Road, York | 4 star hotelfrom $127
- So-So hotel
- Pleasant but not central
Fishergate, York | 3 star hotelfrom $79
- Probably not again
- There must be better
- Highly recommend the Novotel York
One Tower Street, York | 3 star hotelfrom $138
- What a disapointment - will never return
- How dare they call this a hotel!!! B&B would be too much
- Location, location, location ...
Micklegate, York | 3 star hotelfrom $46
- Hen weekend
- Good value, reliable
- Great budget hotel in York
53 Picadilly, York | 3 star hotelfrom $100
St. Maurices Road, York | 1 star hotelfrom $133
- Lovely place to stay
- Don't Expect a Bed for the Night!!
- A very welcoming place to stay!
Queens Staith, York | 2 star hotelfrom $89
- "Great for the price"
- Good value and position
- Never mind the customer!
15 Saint Peters Grove, York | 4 star hotelfrom $122
77 the Mount, York | 2 star hotelfrom $67
- Woeful !
- DO NOT STAY HERE !
- Some of the hotel staff were just plain rude!
The Mount, York | 3 star hotelfrom $70
- Great Hotel
- Beautiful hotel but disappointing room
Skeldergate, York | 1 star hotelfrom $121
- Quiet, convenient and tired
- Mixed opinions
- The worst hotel in the UK?
Malton Road, York | 3 star hotelfrom $40
3 Bootham Terrace, York | 3 star hotelfrom $139
- Average Overpriced Hotel
- Lovely little hotel !
- Clean basic good location,overpriced for small family room
1 Clifton, York | 4 star hotelfrom $136
- A average dinner experience
- Petit Dejeuner!
- Fantastic stay
90 Piccadilly, York | Hotel
- Looking a wee bit tired
- Satisfactory stay at the York Travelodge
- Cheap and nice location
Clifton Green, Clifton | 3 star hotelfrom $84
Shipton Road, York | Hotelfrom $81
147 Mount Vale, York | 2 star hotelfrom $117
- What's the fuss!? We loved it!
- Could have been great, sadly it was poor
- Had a brilliant stay
65 Bootham, York | 3 star hotelfrom $136
- Rooms have grand names, but grand hotel it is not!!!
- Lovely service and food, bed was horrible!
- FANTASTIC! (and I'm fussy!)
Duncombe Place, York | 4 star hotelfrom $170
- Great location
- In need of a kick up the backside
- Excellent Location and Friendly Staff
Bishopthorpe Rd, York | 4 star hotelfrom $182
- Nothing to write home about.
- First class service and cuisine
- Exellence meets near Perfection
89 The Mount, York | Hotelfrom $178
- LOVELY HOTEL FIRST CLASS
- Perfect chill out in York
- Perfetto per rilassarsi a York
White Rose Close - York Business Park, York | Hotelfrom $108