Alhambra Court Hotel
No availability found through our partners. Please contact the business directly or check some of our recommended alternatives.
Travel Blogs from York
... managed to spot about 15 of them.
We did much walking and criss crossed the old city numerous times. Lunch was spent eating sandwiches at Kings Square drinking "real" lemonade. We had afternoon tea at "Wildes Cafe" where Jeed and I enjoyed a pint of Guinness. We had dinner at a Thai restaurant that evening. We arrived back at the hotel after 9 pm. The further north we travel the longer the days get. Next stop Edinburgh.
Today started off great, we woke up! It really only went one way after that. We had decided to go to Horsham St Faiths this morning. We loaded the car and headed off on the Carman trail again. Driving along the road we were coming up to an island in the middle of the road at the same time as a cyclist. Not wanting to kill the cyclist I swerved to avoid him and hit the high kerb at 30mph. Not good. The front tyre ...
... the shambles, the cafés, pubs, restaurants and lots of shopping. Lunch was at The House of Trembling Madness, an old English pub that was voted the best pub of the year. It has been around basically since drinking began...lol there is so much stuff to look at....all sorts of animals are hung on the walls....it is after all a medieval city that survived through the gory Tudors. There was shopping a plenty. ...
Today we successfully caught the 810 train to York. The train was a pretty neat experience, they waste no time! The tracks went along the coast and it was a beautiful ride, if you could stay awake! Reaching York we walked to our hostel, dropped off our bags and started exploring. We went to the Golden Fleece for lunch (apparently the most haunted place in York) and learnt all about their ...
... went to tuck her daughter in one night and noticed a red ring on her neck (a distinct sign of the plague). Seeing that she then packed and left the house with her husband. They locked the door and painted a red cross on the front - a sign of the plague.
For days apparently, this little girl would scream out and bang at her window. Across from her house was a bustling market, but no one came to her. Next door to her was the York Minster, a huge ...
TripAdvisor Reviews Alhambra Court Hotel York
Other places to stay in York
North Street, York | 4 star hotelfrom $130
- Not a 4 star!!
- Kind-of dumpy and overpriced
- Perfectly fine, but not insipring.
Tadcaster Road, York | 3 star hotelfrom $113
- Handy for town and good value.
- Poor standard, staff untrained in the art of customer relations
- Holiday Inn "Style"
Station Road, York | 3 star hotelfrom $147
- The Shambles - don't go
- Awful, don't waste your money!!
- A perfect weekend
Tadcaster Road, York | 4 star hotelfrom $167
- So-So hotel
- Pleasant but not central
Fishergate, York | 3 star hotelfrom $131
- Probably not again
- There must be better
- Highly recommend the Novotel York
One Tower Street, York | 3 star hotelfrom $162
- What a disapointment - will never return
- How dare they call this a hotel!!! B&B would be too much
- Location, location, location ...
Micklegate, York | 3 star hotelfrom $76
- Hen weekend
- Good value, reliable
- Great budget hotel in York
53 Picadilly, York | 3 star hotelfrom $130
St. Maurices Road, York | 1 star hotelfrom $144
- Lovely place to stay
- Don't Expect a Bed for the Night!!
- A very welcoming place to stay!
Queens Staith, York | 2 star hotelfrom $109
- "Great for the price"
- Good value and position
- Never mind the customer!
15 Saint Peters Grove, York | 4 star hotelfrom $136
77 the Mount, York | 2 star hotelfrom $81
- Woeful !
- DO NOT STAY HERE !
- Some of the hotel staff were just plain rude!
The Mount, York | 3 star hotelfrom $77
- Great Hotel
- Beautiful hotel but disappointing room
Malton Road, York | 3 star hotelfrom $120
Skeldergate, York | 1 star hotelfrom $143
- Quiet, convenient and tired
- Mixed opinions
- The worst hotel in the UK?
3 Bootham Terrace, York | 3 star hotelfrom $149
- Average Overpriced Hotel
- Lovely little hotel !
- Clean basic good location,overpriced for small family room
1 Clifton, York | 4 star hotelfrom $162
- A average dinner experience
- Petit Dejeuner!
- Fantastic stay
Clifton Green, Clifton | 3 star hotelfrom $100
Shipton Road, York | Hotelfrom $81
147 Mount Vale, York | 2 star hotelfrom $140
- What's the fuss!? We loved it!
- Could have been great, sadly it was poor
- Had a brilliant stay
90 Piccadilly, York | Hotelfrom $88
- Looking a wee bit tired
- Satisfactory stay at the York Travelodge
- Cheap and nice location
65 Bootham, York | 3 star hotelfrom $147
- Rooms have grand names, but grand hotel it is not!!!
- Lovely service and food, bed was horrible!
- FANTASTIC! (and I'm fussy!)
Duncombe Place, York | 4 star hotelfrom $203
- Great location
- In need of a kick up the backside
- Excellent Location and Friendly Staff
Bishopthorpe Rd, York | 4 star hotelfrom $224
- Nothing to write home about.
- First class service and cuisine
- Exellence meets near Perfection
89 The Mount, York | Hotelfrom $199
- LOVELY HOTEL FIRST CLASS
- Perfect chill out in York
- Perfetto per rilassarsi a York
White Rose Close - York Business Park, York | Hotelfrom $124