Alexander House Hotel
No availability found through our partners. Please contact the business directly or check some of our recommended alternatives.
Photos of Alexander House Hotel
TripAdvisor Reviews Alexander House Hotel London
Travel Blogs from London
... things I have done below.
Seen Big Ben
Went into Westminster Abbey
Seen Buckingham Palace
Walked in various parks (St James Park, Regents Park, Hyde Park)
Walked through Piccadilly Circus, Leicester Square and Covent garden
Gone on a night boat cruise on the Thames River
Gone to the Natural History Museum and Victoria and Albert Museum
Gone to Harrods
The orientation sessions that I went to were helpful as well, except for the one about ...
... Heathrow early in case of hold ups. And even though it was ghastly to wait in the airport for 8 hours, I was glad I had as the weather got worse and worse, even to the point of the flight being delayed. There were a number of travellers in the same boat and the camaderie of us all waiting was gratifying - people watched over your stuff while you went to the bathroom, we made comfortable 'camping' places. Then finally, the flight was called, we boarded, hurray I'm going home!
Most people only manage one big "trip of a lifetime" away. I'm lucky enough to have managed to squeeze in two. And so it is that I'm off for the second time in two years, this time to New Zealand, Australia and Indonesia. The journey I think will be a slight nightmare - 23 hours of flight time, plus a stop over in Hong Kong and travel times to and from the airport. ...
... Pancras station, I had about 7 hours to kill before my Airbnb host would be home from work, so I took my bags to an overpriced baggage check, bought an overpriced snack, and set about getting my overpriced Oyster card. (While I want to be accurate, but don't want to document my whole time in London complaining about prices, let's just imagine for the rest of my time here that there's an invisible "overpriced" prefacing every noun, OK?) Without a plan, I jumped on the city line ...
... and coordinates so well. Loved the detail and coordination of all the rooms - very over the top, but definitely a palace. Also I never knew that the former King was such an art collector - I will also check this tour as a museum visit. There was an exhibit on the royal families childhood with a bunch to pictures and artifacts - interesting to see the paintings. I also was not aware of how many children in the royal family. The end of the tour presented ...
Other places to stay in London
Mayfair/Soho/West End, London | 5 star hotelfrom $332
- Well worth the stay
- Different Hotel?
- Perfect location
South Bank/Bankside, London | 4 star hotelfrom $282
- Potential at Park Plaza County Hall
- Poor value
- Great Anniversary Stay
South Bank/Bankside, London | 4 star hotelfrom $223
- Great hotel! We'll definitely go again
- Exceeded my already high expectations
- Beautiful hotel with lots of problems
Fulham, London | 3 star hotelfrom $184
Mayfair/Soho/West End, London | 5 star hotelfrom $736
- A magical experience
- Close to perfection.
- Thanks debbie for showing us the real london
Clerkenwell, London | 3 star hotelfrom $188
- Great place
- Comfortable Clean and Friendly (and that's only the reviewer)
London East, London | 4 star hotelfrom $151
- One Star Service, Four Star Price
- Absolutely Brilliant
- Fab Hotel in a Fab location!
West End, London | 5 star hotelfrom $490
- Overrated and Expensive
- Simply fantastic
- Errrrr... 5*s? I think not.
Mayfair/Soho/West End, London | 4 star hotelfrom $302
- Loved the Millenium Mayfair Hotel
- Great Location...Fine Hotel!
- Very nice hotel
Mayfair/Soho/West End, London | 4 star hotelfrom $326
- Unreliability - unlike British
- Warning: This hotel may be harmful to your vacation!
- Fantastic location and bath
Islington/Angel/King's Cross, London | 5 star hotelfrom $289
- Good, but not a place for an early night!
- Sleepless nights, noisy plumbing
- Great hotel - but I wasn't paying
Earls Court, London | 4 star hotelfrom $167
- I was pleasantly surprised
- Decent hotel, Copthorne Tara Kensington
- Priceline deal
South Bank/Bankside, London | 4 star hotelfrom $229
- Excellent Stay
- Very good hotel
- Nice, modern hotel
Vincent Square, London | 4 star hotelfrom $239
- Clean, fresh and modern
- Enjoy your stay in London!
- Excellent Facilities, Staff Seem Eager to Please
Knightsbridge/Earl's Court/Kensington, London | 4 star hotelfrom $188
- Recommend highly...
- Great Hotel - In an Excellent area.
- Great room, fabulous price, wonderful location!
Mayfair/Soho/West End, London | 4 star hotelfrom $205
- Lovely honeymoon
- Surprisingly good hotel
- Awful, Awful, Awful
Clerkenwell, London | 2 star hotelfrom $195
- Clean and friendly
- Good value for money hotel - but poor food
- Not Bad At All
Marylebone High Street, London | 4 star hotelfrom $188
- Best hotel of my business trip
- Good Hotel!
- Really good hotel, but could be pricey
Victoria, London | 4 star hotelfrom $262
- Beware of "standard room"
- Great location, friendly staff.
Holborn, London | 5 star hotelfrom $443
- A perfect stay at a great rate
- Fantastic and Five-Star Fabulousness
- Classy hotel at a good price
Mayfair/Soho/West End, London | 4 star hotelfrom $302
- Ignore the other quite ridiculous reviews !
- This is not a 4 star hotel
- Very Impressed
Hyde Park, London | 4 star hotelfrom $327
- Wonderful Views
- 5 STAR HOTEL
- Tiny room
Northwest/Regent Park, London | 4 star hotelfrom $267
- Our Best Stay in Europe
- Okay as expected
- Very impressed
Mayfair/Soho/West End, London | 4 star hotelfrom $244
- Was better than I expected.
- Style and Luxury ! The best room I ever had in my life !
- Don't judge a Hotel by its exterior!
Mayfair/Soho/West End, London | 5 star hotelfrom $424
- Rude, prejudice and unhelpful.
- Nice rooms, decent price, polite staff
- Quite pleased
Westminster/Belgravia, London | 4 star hotelfrom $253
- Pleasent stay
- Very pleased!
- Great Experience