Alexander House Hotel
No availability found through our partners. Please contact the business directly or check some of our recommended alternatives.
Photos of Alexander House Hotel
TripAdvisor Reviews Alexander House Hotel London
Travel Blogs from London
... rehearsal with a choir of men and boys getting ready for Easter Day services while we read the panels of history and I shed an emotional tear. But we had to stifle our giggles as we looked at the 'art' in the Tate Modern.So, we museumed, galleried, gardened, palaced, churched and walked as much of London as we could in our 10 days. The weather tested us but we live in hope that spring will arrive and the roses will bloom. After all, we have time!
... so it's kind of a loophole. The evensong service is like a regular service but you don't sing as much, they have a choir come in and sing. Huge abbey, thousand years old, world class choir, interesting sermon. Westminster Abbey is also where a bunch of famous Brits are buried (most of the royalty, Chaucer, Newton, Dickens, Darwin).
Bummed around after that, walked up to Trafalgar square, then onto Picadilly Circus. In the racing video game ...
... br style="line-height: 15.8599996566772px;">Further in the supermarket sized trashy souvenir shop Airfix plastic model airplane kits still in the 1:72 scale, so much a part of my childhood, were on sale except now they are made in India and China.
On that cheery note Greg signs off.
Tomorrow you have to put up with my description of our day in York.
... of the United Kingdom since 1837. The original Buckingham House was built for the Duke of Buckingham and acquired by King George III for Queen Charlotte and 14 of their 15 children were born here. During the 19th Century it was enlarged and became the official royal residence on the accession of Queen Victoria. At that time it had horrible ventilation and the chimneys smoked so much that the fires had ...
... theatre and imbibe as they watch the show. There aren’t a bunch of clicky groups laughing it up. Instead, it has more of a coffee house vibe (though its beverage of choice is beer). Also, the theatre with its 60-seat capacity is warm and inviting.
So I have to give my first Camden Fringe experience an enthusiastic thumbs up. Frivolity, froth, and fringe…a delightful ...
Other places to stay in London
Mayfair/Soho/West End, London | 5 star hotelfrom $332
- Well worth the stay
- Different Hotel?
- Perfect location
South Bank/Bankside, London | 4 star hotelfrom $282
- Potential at Park Plaza County Hall
- Poor value
- Great Anniversary Stay
South Bank/Bankside, London | 4 star hotelfrom $223
- Great hotel! We'll definitely go again
- Exceeded my already high expectations
- Beautiful hotel with lots of problems
Fulham, London | 3 star hotelfrom $184
Mayfair/Soho/West End, London | 5 star hotelfrom $736
- A magical experience
- Close to perfection.
- Thanks debbie for showing us the real london
Clerkenwell, London | 4 star hotelfrom $188
- Great place
- Comfortable Clean and Friendly (and that's only the reviewer)
London East, London | 4 star hotelfrom $151
- One Star Service, Four Star Price
- Absolutely Brilliant
- Fab Hotel in a Fab location!
West End, London | 5 star hotelfrom $490
- Overrated and Expensive
- Simply fantastic
- Errrrr... 5*s? I think not.
Mayfair/Soho/West End, London | 4 star hotelfrom $302
- Loved the Millenium Mayfair Hotel
- Great Location...Fine Hotel!
- Very nice hotel
Mayfair/Soho/West End, London | 4 star hotelfrom $326
- Unreliability - unlike British
- Warning: This hotel may be harmful to your vacation!
- Fantastic location and bath
Islington/Angel/King's Cross, London | 5 star hotelfrom $289
- Good, but not a place for an early night!
- Sleepless nights, noisy plumbing
- Great hotel - but I wasn't paying
Earls Court, London | 4 star hotelfrom $167
- I was pleasantly surprised
- Decent hotel, Copthorne Tara Kensington
- Priceline deal
South Bank/Bankside, London | 4 star hotelfrom $229
- Excellent Stay
- Very good hotel
- Nice, modern hotel
Vincent Square, London | 4 star hotelfrom $239
- Clean, fresh and modern
- Enjoy your stay in London!
- Excellent Facilities, Staff Seem Eager to Please
Knightsbridge/Earl's Court/Kensington, London | 4 star hotelfrom $188
- Recommend highly...
- Great Hotel - In an Excellent area.
- Great room, fabulous price, wonderful location!
Mayfair/Soho/West End, London | 4 star hotelfrom $205
- Lovely honeymoon
- Surprisingly good hotel
- Awful, Awful, Awful
Clerkenwell, London | 2 star hotelfrom $195
- Clean and friendly
- Good value for money hotel - but poor food
- Not Bad At All
Marylebone High Street, London | 4 star hotelfrom $188
- Best hotel of my business trip
- Good Hotel!
- Really good hotel, but could be pricey
Victoria, London | 4 star hotelfrom $262
- Beware of "standard room"
- Great location, friendly staff.
Holborn, London | 5 star hotelfrom $443
- A perfect stay at a great rate
- Fantastic and Five-Star Fabulousness
- Classy hotel at a good price
Mayfair/Soho/West End, London | 4 star hotelfrom $302
- Ignore the other quite ridiculous reviews !
- This is not a 4 star hotel
- Very Impressed
Hyde Park, London | 4 star hotelfrom $327
- Wonderful Views
- 5 STAR HOTEL
- Tiny room
Northwest/Regent Park, London | 4 star hotelfrom $267
- Our Best Stay in Europe
- Okay as expected
- Very impressed
Mayfair/Soho/West End, London | 4 star hotelfrom $244
- Was better than I expected.
- Style and Luxury ! The best room I ever had in my life !
- Don't judge a Hotel by its exterior!
Mayfair/Soho/West End, London | 5 star hotelfrom $424
- Rude, prejudice and unhelpful.
- Nice rooms, decent price, polite staff
- Quite pleased
Westminster/Belgravia, London | 4 star hotelfrom $253
- Pleasent stay
- Very pleased!
- Great Experience